Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#601 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:36 pm

KqWIN wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Tried to play Cyberpunk again...this game would be bad if it was made in 2010. It will take them years to fix all of the bugs, but the game mechanics are too much to overcome.

Yeah, I'm not touching this game for a long while. The thing is that it's not they cut content that never existed, they have systems they worked on that just weren't ready for the release and were cut so it's not like they'll have to start from scratch if they wanted to add them. I suspect that many of the bugs people are experiencing are due to cut content\systems that were supposed to interact with other things that remained in the game.

So yeah, fix the performance issue, then fix the bugs. Then, work on the AI, immersion, insertion of cut content (including additional choices and dialogue options) and then we'll see. As it stands, the only way I'd be willing to try this game at all is if they significantly enhance and flesh out the systems in this game, regardless of bugs.

They obviously knew their game was bad and released it anyways. The tinfoil hat theory I have is that they knew it was extra bad on consoles and tried to use that as a distraction. It’s literally unplayable on PS4 or Xbox One, so that is what they are tackling first. But making it work on a console doesn’t change the awful game mechanics that would exist if you played it on a top notch PC. It’s seriously an early 2000’s caliber game when you remove all the bugs. It might look beautiful when they optimize it better...but what about the awful game mechanics and cutting out a large portion of the story? Is that ever coming? Probably not. They are years away from simply fixing the bugs. Doubt they are planning a gameplay overhaul.

Regarding your conspiracy theory, they absolutely knew it was extra bad on consoles because they didn't let anyone play the game on consoles before launch and didn't let anyone use unapproved footage that CDPR didn't release themselves. I don't think they used it as distraction though, because it cost them a ton of money--Sony still won't sell their game, their stock lost 50% of its value since launch, investors lost a billion dollars in net worth, some of them are suing the company, and the company is now under the watchful eye of various consumer protection agencies and is subject to scrutiny and fines. And more. Seems like too much of a gamble.

I think the simple solution is that they felt pressure to release the game (they lied about that too in an investor call, btw, and said they didn't feel any special pressure to release the game other than the usual pressure). They were probably worried about fan reaction to a 4th (and maybe 5th and 6th) delay, especially if they pushed it back 6 months or more. And were also under the pressure of the investors who wanted to cash in on the timing of release in the end of the year around Xmas, and maybe also they thought investors wouldn't like the additional expense of 6-12 months of development, not including marketing expenses, without money coming in. They felt pressure from both sides and the Corpos won... The last delay was so they could remove all the content they didn't finish to develop imho. It probably broke the game even more.

And yes, even if the game ran perfectly and had no bugs, it would still be very superficial and lacking in a ton of aspects and poor mechanics. My opinion is that what they intended to have in a properly finished game would have much better and fleshed out mechanics, AI, story, dialogue, choices, and additional areas (apparently they had to cut out a huge underground system, for example). Frankly, if they want any kind of redemption, I don't think they have a choice in the matter. Simply optimizing the game and fixing the bugs still won't make up for the superficial gameplay experience. They have to do a gameplay overhaul, especially if they're using catch-phrases like 'No Man's Sky type of comeback' (leaving aside what I think about No Man's Sky). It will probably take them 6 months to optimize performance and deal with bugs. And then another 6-12 months of adding content (apart of the DLCs and expansions) to do that (I suspect much of it is at least partly made but unfinished). That's what they have to do. No excuses, they already made all their money back and then some in game sales. And for the love of Thor, scrap the multiplayer--nobody cares about that. Use these resources to fix the game faster or to put back what they took out.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#602 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Does anyone here play Red Dead Redemption 2? I just started and I'm having a hard time getting into it. It's pretty and everything but it looks like it should be way more enjoyable than it actually is, at least for me at the moment. What am I missing?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#603 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:18 am

Thurl Bailey looking like a boss with his grey beard.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#604 » by AingesBurner » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:46 am

Daddy 801 wrote:Thurl Bailey looking like a boss with his grey beard.

Did you see his swaggy ass suit from the last game?
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#605 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:17 am

GobertReport wrote:

I didn’t. I’m sure he was looking like a pimp. Grey beards are a win.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#606 » by AingesBurner » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:20 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I didn’t. I’m sure he was looking like a pimp. Grey beards are a win.

Gray and pink plaid 3 piece.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

TV shows and Movies: It’s the off-season baby 

Post#607 » by AingesBurner » Mon Jul 5, 2021 4:05 am

Hey guys off season- thought we could share good tv binges and movies!

Tomorrow War was awesome!!

Now binging Falling Skies, think Walking dead with aliens. It’s awesome!
Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: TV shows and Movies: It’s the off-season baby 

Post#608 » by stitches » Mon Jul 5, 2021 6:35 am

Bo Burnham's Inside is brilliant. Probably the best piece of media to come out of this pandemic. It's not the funniest thing you will see(although it has some hilarious 'content' sprinkled in) and it gets progressively dark, but it's so much more than a mere comedy special. And to think it was done by a single person in a room is mindblowing.. he did it all - the writing, directing, editing, lights, music... Can't recommend it strong enough.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#609 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jul 5, 2021 10:34 am

If we're talking about movies called 'Inside,' I highly recommend the French Horror movie 'Inside' (À l'intérieur). It's seriously balls to the wall intense. Avoid the American remake like the plague, though.

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#610 » by FJS » Mon Jul 5, 2021 5:11 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Does anyone here play Red Dead Redemption 2? I just started and I'm having a hard time getting into it. It's pretty and everything but it looks like it should be way more enjoyable than it actually is, at least for me at the moment. What am I missing?

It's really slow at the beggining, once the history opens the whole map, it's pretty enjoyable.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#611 » by FJS » Mon Jul 5, 2021 5:13 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:If we're talking about movies called 'Inside,' I highly recommend the French Horror movie 'Inside' (À l'intérieur). It's seriously balls to the wall intense. Avoid the American remake like the plague, though.

This film is sick. I remember watching a few years ago with some friends and was a brutal film. It's worthy to watch if you like horror/gore films.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#612 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jul 7, 2021 1:12 pm

I watched Fear Street: 1994 yesterday. It really sucked, I recommend steering clear of it. In fact, I started watching it a few days ago and 50 minutes in I couldn't take it anymore and just stopped watching, and only yesterday I picked up where I left off and forced myself to finish it. It's a waste of time, don't bother watching it.

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#613 » by FJS » Thu Jul 8, 2021 3:11 pm

I'm watching Black Summer. Good zombies action. It's all about surviving, not too much plot, but all your attention goes to the screen. It's all the opposite to TWD where they speak and speak and zombies are something like another day in the office. When you watch a zombie here, they are really difficult to stop them.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#614 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:52 pm

FJS wrote:I'm watching Black Summer. Good zombies action. It's all about surviving, not too much plot, but all your attention goes to the screen. It's all the opposite to TWD where they speak and speak and zombies are something like another day in the office. When you watch a zombie here, they are really difficult to stop them.

Sick! Series I take it?
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#615 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jul 8, 2021 6:51 pm

If we're talking about zombie movies, stay away from Army of the Dead, it utterly sucks.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#616 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jul 8, 2021 7:04 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:If we're talking about zombie movies, stay away from Army of the Dead, it utterly sucks.

Yes, it made no sense.
Ingles is cooked.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#617 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:50 am

Coming up pretty soon? Anyone else wondering why and how much there going to make off of it?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#618 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:26 am

Started watching season 2 of The Witcher. Unfortunately, same issues from season 1 persist so far. And man, do I hate the casting in this show. Other than Cavill who does a good job (and a few others like Jaskier/Dandelion and Ciri, though they made her much older than what she is in the books at this point of the story) they cast so many people who don't fit their role and have no charisma of gravitas that it undermines the entire show.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#619 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:52 am

If you put Eucalyptus in your bath during flu season, don’t use too much, it will burn the nethers.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#620 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 5:38 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Started watching season 2 of The Witcher. Unfortunately, same issues from season 1 persist so far. And man, do I hate the casting in this show. Other than Cavill who does a good job (and a few others like Jaskier/Dandelion and Ciri, though they made her much older than what she is in the books at this point of the story) they cast so many people who don't fit their role and have no charisma of gravitas that it undermines the entire show.

God I hate Jaskier, lol, I wish they'd just cut him from the show. I've enjoyed it, but never played the games or read the books.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz