ImageImageImage

Tobias Harris Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by Arsenal » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:33 pm

Getting rid of Ben has been beaten to death. If we get a good offer, I'm sure Morey will pull the trigger.

Meanwhile the elephant in the room is Tobias Harris getting paid almost $40M/yr while being a detriment to our 2 best players because of his playstyle.

His value is diminished on a court with Ben and Jo. It could be enhanced elsewhere on a team without better players in the interior.

Plus he just had a career year, and "should have been an all-star".

So now's the right time to sell high on him.

What could we get for him?

I'd do the oft-mentioned Tobias for CJ McCollum trade in a heartbeat.

Who else could we get for him that would fit better with Embiid and (maybe) Ben?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,535

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:44 pm

Kevin Love and 24ppg Sexton for Tobias and Maxey
Rozier for Tobi
Wiggins and 14th for Tobi
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,199

Post#3 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:55 pm

I don't want love plus sexton. Make it Nance and Sexton. Love hates Sexton.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#4 » by stormi » Thu Jul 8, 2021 6:00 pm

76ciology wrote:Kevin Love and 24ppg Sexton for Tobias and Maxey
Rozier for Tobi

"and Maxey"

"Wiggins"

c'mon man...
76ciology
RealGM

Post#5 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 8, 2021 6:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:I don't want love plus sexton. Make it Nance and Sexton. Love hates Sexton.

Got to have love if you want sexton unless you’re doing it for the wrong reasons :wink:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#6 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 8, 2021 6:35 pm

stormi wrote:
Rozier for Tobi

"and Maxey"

"Wiggins"

c'mon man...

Im being realistic. Hahaha
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,199

Post#7 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jul 8, 2021 6:55 pm

76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:I don't want love plus sexton. Make it Nance and Sexton. Love hates Sexton.

Got to have love if you want sexton unless you’re doing it for the wrong reasons :wink:
Or you could just not do that trade.

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#8 » by Embiid P » Thu Jul 8, 2021 7:29 pm

76ciology wrote:

Plus, we can always flip Love to another team if he becomes a problem. The good thing about Love is he only has two years left on his deal where as Harris has three. Plus he'll be making about $10 million less than Harris will make in 2002-23.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#9 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 8, 2021 7:32 pm

Lol

Sorry i have a dry humor. You guys didnt get my joke lol
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#10 » by Tomjas » Thu Jul 8, 2021 8:38 pm

Love is a cancer on the Cavs, is often unplayable due to his attitude and has a contract that makes Tobias look a bargain

Sixers fans: let’s get that guy
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#11 » by PhillyNj » Thu Jul 8, 2021 8:59 pm

Rozier for Tobi

No shot at giving up Maxey to many fans love him.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#12 » by youngcrev » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:21 pm

...Kemba?

Maybe something like:
Harris to mystery team for bad contract + asset
Bad contract to OKC
Kemba + asset to Philly

That said, his knees are probably terrible based on the return the Celtics got for him, so maybe not a great idea. But a healthy Kemba would be awesome with Ben and Jo.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#13 » by Arsenal » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:45 pm

I prefer Nance + Sexton but I take Love + Sexton in a heartbeat.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#14 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:01 pm

Lets just do the CJ for Tobias trade and keep it simple. If we don't trade Ben (which I think we will) then he can move to the Power Forward spot. I mean, he can still bring the ball up the court. It's not like he tries to score or anything. I don't see what the big deal is. He can just play power forward...But I think we'll trade him. Seriously though....Do the Tobias-CJ swap. It makes a ton of sense for both teams involved.
yuuby
Junior
And1: 123

Post#15 » by yuuby » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:10 pm

Why do people think putting Ben at the power forward is going to change anything. He is still going to be in the dunker spot in the half court when he is sharing the court with Embiid.

Ben Simmons' only hope as a contributor to good half court offense is as a full time center. He is taller than Bam and Horford so he should be fine playing center if he had the right mindset.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#16 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:12 pm

yuuby wrote:Why do people think putting Ben at the power forward is going to change anything. He is still going to be in the dunker spot in the half court when he is sharing the court with Embiid.

Ben Simmons' only hope as a contributor to good half court offense is as a full time center. He is taller than Bam and Horford so he should be fine playing center if he had the right mindset.

He would be great as the roll man in a heavy pick and roll offense and then in the opposite corner when Jo has the ball. That’s his two half court responsibilities
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#17 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:13 pm

youngcrev wrote:...Kemba?

Maybe something like:
Harris to mystery team for bad contract + asset
Bad contract to OKC
Kemba + asset to Philly

That said, his knees are probably terrible based on the return the Celtics got for him, so maybe not a great idea. But a healthy Kemba would be awesome with Ben and Jo.

Sadly I have already considered this one too. It’s quite the gamble but if we can’t get CJ might just be worth it
yuuby
Junior
And1: 123

Post#18 » by yuuby » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:14 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
yuuby wrote:Why do people think putting Ben at the power forward is going to change anything. He is still going to be in the dunker spot in the half court when he is sharing the court with Embiid.

He would be great as the roll man in a heavy pick and roll offense and then in the opposite corner when Jo has the ball. That’s his two half court responsibilities

If he's the roll man and Embiid is spacing they will just clog the lane and let Embiid chuck 3's all day.

If he's in the corner and Embiid has the ball they will just ignore the worst shooting non-center in NBA history and just double or shade help at Embiid.

That is why they are a bad fit. Both of them are centers in the modern NBA in the halfcourt and you don't want 2 centers sharing the court.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,811

Post#19 » by Mik317 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:27 pm

I think the idea is that if we do move Ben to the 4; we will also get a real shot creator to run things. Ben in the dunker spot sucks but it really only sucks because Tobias and Jo are also floating around the mid range and aren't going to let it fly when they space so its "fake" spacing.

That being said, if Ben is still here; he has to start shooting. No if ands or buts.

i doubt that happens so **** it lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ersfan96
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#20 » by 76ersfan96 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:41 pm

Tobias should stay, pfs like him are hard to come by. He’s a great 3rd piece. Ben is the one that needs to go so we can slide thybulle into the starting lineup so we don’t miss his defense. We need a playmaker that can give embiid a break. I would also inquire about a sign and trade with Timberwolves for Russel with Danny green and picks since we can sign green up to 26m to make the cap work. Then trade Ben for cj and Rocco.
Russel- Cj- Rocco/thybulle- Tobias -embiid

Return to Philadelphia 76ers