Johnny Juzang Withdraws From Draft, Returns To UCLA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Johnny Juzang Withdraws From Draft, Returns To UCLA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 8, 2021 2:31 pm

Johnny Juzang is withdrawing from the 2021 NBA Draft to return to UCLA.

"Going through the draft process has been an amazing experience. I was blessed to connect with great people, learn and grow, and get a feel for life at the next level. I want to thank everybody who has helped me in this process including my family, trainers, school, and especially my dad who helped for countless hours!" Juzang posted to Twitter. "Westwood, I can't wait to go to war! We've got a team full of warriors and there's nobody I'd rather fight beside. With Coach Cronin and our staff, I'm very excited for this season. Let's do something special!"

In the Bruins' six NCAA tournament games, Juzang averaged 22.8 points and shot 50.9% from the field. Juzang averaged 16.0 points and 4.1 rebounds during the season.

ESPN rated Juzang as the No. 53 prospect in the draft, making him a fringe second round prospect. 

Via Jeff Borzello/ESPN

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Johnny Juzang Withdraws From Draft, Returns To UCLA 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 8, 2021 7:46 pm

dumb dumb dumb
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,962

Post#3 » by Liam_Gallagher » Thu Jul 8, 2021 8:34 pm

Yeah I don't understand the line of thinking here, he would basically have to will UCLA to the Finals in order for his stock to rise - that's never a guarantee in NCAA. His stats were already good, even if they improve a bit it won't mean much unless they reach the Finals, as they reached the Final 4 this year.

It screams Josh McRoberts, Byron Mullins, and Perry Jones.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,725

Post#4 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Jul 8, 2021 8:47 pm

If he's only a mid-late 2nd round prospect this year, better to go back to college and work on your game for another year. Getting drafted in the later 2nd round is akin to being a training camp tryout, there's no guaranteed contract or even the assurance of a good fit.

He had a nice tourney run, maybe he can build on that for his entire season next year. He also only shot 35% from 3 for the year, improving that might significantly help his stock.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,732

Post#5 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:19 pm

Not sure how he doesn't go somewhere between 15 and 30 in the draft. Mid 2nd round sounds pretty rubbish.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#6 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:39 pm

He has a chance to be locked in to be drafted in the lotto next year.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Fri Jul 9, 2021 1:36 am

TimeisIllmatic wrote:He has a chance to be locked in to be drafted in the lotto next year.

1 in 10 chance that happens a year older. He had a chance to go late lottery in this draft riding the momentum
from the final 4 run... now he has to back it up sevenfold and win a national title like Mitchell did to get lottery love next year
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Wiretap Discussion