ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,442

Re: Booker Discussion, news and highlights 

Post#941 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Jul 3, 2021 8:30 am

Matt Petersen (@TheMattPetersen) Tweeted:
Western Conference champion Phoenix Suns two-time All-Star guard Devin Booker scored a total 103 points and was a combined plus-43 in three series closeout games -- all on the road. https://t.co/2hs0Qv35sB
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#942 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jul 8, 2021 7:24 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#943 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jul 8, 2021 7:41 am

Matt Petersen (@TheMattPetersen) Tweeted:
Per @Stathead, Devin Booker already has more 20-point games (13) in a single Finals run than

2018 Curry
2017 Durant
2016 Curry
2015 Klay
2009 Dwight
2008 Pierce
2004 Shaq
2000 Kobe
1999 Duncan
1991-93 Pippen
1988 Magic
1988 Isiah
1987 Magic
1985 Kareem
1973 Frazier
1972 J. West
Read on Twitter
?s=20
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#944 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 12:13 am

Hopefully next year he gets the respect he deserves and actually makes an all-NBA team and all-star without being an injury replacement.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#945 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Jul 9, 2021 5:45 am

StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) Tweeted:
Thanks to a game high 31 Thursday, Devin Booker aided the @Suns to a 10-point triumph and 2-0 #NBAFinals series lead over the Bucks. It gives him 490 through the first 18 games of his #NBAPlayoffs career, tying for 3rd on this illustrious list of primary guards in league history https://t.co/paTRItPWzA
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#946 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Jul 9, 2021 6:00 am

NBA (@NBA) Tweeted:
The RISE of Devin Booker!

▪️ 13th pick in 2015 NBA Draft
▪️ 2x NBA All-Star
▪️ 1st trip to postseason in Year 6
▪️ 3rd youngest player with 40-point triple-double in playoffs
▪️ 7 30-point games this postseason
▪️ Led Suns to 1st Finals since 1993

@DevinBook x #ThatsGame https://t.co/erQeAJqMwo
Read on Twitter
?s=20
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#947 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Jul 9, 2021 3:48 pm

Booker was everything I've ever wanted him to be last night. He pulled a Kobe. Decided he was going to be the world's best 3 point shooter for a game, and so he was.

That's legendary.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#948 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jul 9, 2021 4:51 pm

Would you consider Booker a bona fide Superstar now after this playoff performance? I started a thread on the General Board discussing this. Feel free to join Suns fans
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#949 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Jul 9, 2021 5:17 pm

Basketball Reference (@bball_ref) Tweeted:
Devin Booker is the third player since 2000 to have 30+ points and 6+ assists in a #NBAFinals game before turning 25-yo

The other two are Kobe Bryant and Kyrie Irving https://t.co/lAd99XaxdT https://t.co/kpHegcAIaj
Read on Twitter
?s=20
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,415

Post#950 » by NapoleonII » Fri Jul 9, 2021 5:43 pm

So freaking happy for him.

The years of chatter calling him a stats only guy, no defense, etc etc VS. his hard work and loyalty.

Job's not done, but so many of us knew that Book had this in him. It was just a matter of unlocking it, having a coach like Monty and some good luck.

Bright years ahead.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#951 » by DirtyDez » Fri Jul 9, 2021 8:11 pm

saintEscaton wrote:Would you consider Booker a bona fide Superstar now after this playoff performance? I started a thread on the General Board discussing this. Feel free to join Suns fans

Everyone has a different definition of superstar. I think if there’s 15 superstars it kinda defeats the aura of the term.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#952 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:05 pm

DirtyDez wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:Would you consider Booker a bona fide Superstar now after this playoff performance? I started a thread on the General Board discussing this. Feel free to join Suns fans

Everyone has a different definition of superstar. I think if there’s 15 superstars it kinda defeats the aura of the term.

I think Booker is currently a Top 20 player but not a Top 15 player. He has cemented himself somewhere between an All-Star and several tiers below Superstar because he couldn't singlehandedly lift a team to even playoff contention without the CP3 effect. He is a low tier talent who has expanded his game into new areas and making do with his limited skillset/athleticism( for example becoming a league leading mid range shooter when he regressed as a three point shooter this regular season)
Jonestown Suicide Squad

cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#953 » by cberry78 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:30 pm

saintEscaton wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I think Booker is currently a Top 20 player but not a Top 15 player. He has cemented himself somewhere between an All-Star and several tiers below Superstar because he couldn't singlehandedly lift a team to even playoff contention without the CP3 effect. He is a low tier talent who has expanded his game into new areas and making do with his limited skillset/athleticism( for example becoming a league leading mid range shooter when he regressed as a three point shooter this regular season)

"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#954 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:37 pm

cberry78 wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I still stand by my judgmenent and am glad Book proved me wrong given that I thought he would be Doron Lamb or a just a catch and shoot player coming out of college, was really low on him watching him in Kentucky as a sixthman who wasn't even a starter. If he can manage to win Finals MVP that would bode well for his resume but he has to really elevate his game to another level.
Jonestown Suicide Squad

JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#955 » by JDLAW » Fri Jul 9, 2021 10:28 pm

saintEscaton wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Your statements age just flat out ignorant.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#956 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jul 9, 2021 10:32 pm

JDLAW wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Just telling it like it is. Sorry if you can't handle the truth
Jonestown Suicide Squad

JDLAW

Post#957 » by JDLAW » Fri Jul 9, 2021 10:35 pm

Read your own post. It is not how it is. It is how you see it, but I suspect few see it they way you do. I don't want to dissect your statement, but when you call Booker a top 20 player and then refer to him as a low tier talent, you make no sense.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#958 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 10:38 pm

JDLAW wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I think top 20 is fairly reasonable given his lack of all NBA (and not even close in voting particularly behind a number of other guys) combined with not getting chosen initially for all star games.

But he is on an ascension to be in top 15 soon. I think in a realgm poll at the beginning of the year he was 15th and Paul was 14th, and that's on the GB.

However, he dropped a bit this year in his #s and impact..of course I'm not including the playoffs where he's had some phenomenal games and a number of subpar shooting games.

I don't think it's a knock on him to call him a top 20 player but maybe not quite top 15. That's still damn good in a league with 30 teams and a bunch of super stars, including 4 or 5 that will probably end up in the top 15 or 20 ever players.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#959 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jul 9, 2021 10:49 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
JDLAW wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:

I think top 20 is fairly reasonable given his lack of all NBA (and not even close in voting particularly behind a number of other guys) combined with not getting chosen initially for all star games.

But he is on an ascension to be in top 15 soon. I think in a realgm poll at the beginning of the year he was 15th and Paul was 14th, and that's on the GB.

However, he dropped a bit this year in his #s and impact..of course I'm not including the playoffs where he's had some phenomenal games and a number of subpar shooting games.

I don't think it's a knock on him to call him a top 20 player but maybe not quite top 15. That's still damn good in a league with 30 teams and a bunch of super stars, including 4 or 5 that will probably end up in the top 15 or 20 ever players.

Exactly, bw.
Jonestown Suicide Squad

JDLAW

Post#960 » by JDLAW » Fri Jul 9, 2021 11:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
JDLAW wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:

I don't think he's dropped it all in his impact. His numbers are down slightly because he has better teammates which he trusts and can therefore share the ball more than he had in the past. For example, his assists were down because he plays off the ball more with Paul in the line-up. I put him easily in the top 15 players in the league. I don't care at all about those silly advanced stats that people like to quote. Don't come back with the refrain that I don't understand them. I do understand them, but I find them pretty useless for the most part.

More importantly, he's not a "low tier talent" as described by SaintEstacion. His statements and judgment are just illogical and ignorant. And, I stand by that judgment.

Return to Phoenix Suns