ImageImageImageImageImage

Ben Simmons as a 4/5 with Fox and Haliburton?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 616

Ben Simmons as a 4/5 with Fox and Haliburton? 

Post#1 » by sackings916 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Thoughts? We can probably put together a package for him. Does Fox/Haliburton in the backcourt with Simmons and 2 shooters work?
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Re: Ben Simmons as a 4/5 with Fox and Haliburton? 

Post#2 » by kb02 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:46 pm

sackings916 wrote:Thoughts? We can probably put together a package for him. Does Fox/Haliburton in the backcourt with Simmons and 2 shooters work?

Think it would take Fox, which I'm okay with. Fox for Simmons + 28. Then let Hali be the point guard. Use #9 on BPA (hopefully a big wing with skills--Jalen Johnson?) and #28/#39 on someone like Ayo Donsumu, Herb Jones, Jared Butler, and/or Tre Mann. Kings would be in the play offs next year.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 pm

kb02 wrote:
sackings916 wrote:Thoughts? We can probably put together a package for him. Does Fox/Haliburton in the backcourt with Simmons and 2 shooters work?

Think it would take Fox, which I'm okay with. Fox for Simmons + 28. Then let Hali be the point guard. Use #9 on BPA (hopefully a big wing with skills--Jalen Johnson?) and #28/#39 on someone like Ayo Donsumu, Herb Jones, Jared Butler, and/or Tre Mann. Kings would be in the play offs next year.

No shot am I moving Fox for Simmons. Not even in the discussion.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by kb02 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:24 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Takes value to get value. Fox is 23. Simmons is 24. I'd love for them to play together, but think Hali is a better fit and is also a more natural PG than Fox. I'd do it. And I don't think it's unfeasible given the history between the GMs.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:29 pm

kb02 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Takes value to get value. Fox is 23. Simmons is 24. I'd love for them to play together, but think Hali is a better fit and is also a more natural PG than Fox. I'd do it. And I don't think it's unfeasible given the history between the GMs.

I'm not even interested in trading #9 plus Buddy for Simmons, let alone even discussing Fox. Fox is just soo much better than him.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#6 » by jazanetti » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:04 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kb02 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I'm not even interested in trading #9 plus Buddy for Simmons, let alone even discussing Fox. Fox is just soo much better than him.
Simmons is much better defender and playmaker. Fox will never be so good at these areas. While both are awful shooters.
I love Fox as a fan, but I understand that we'll never build winning team around him as best player. And I'd prefer to run Hali as our PG. So I'd definitely trade Fox for Simmons.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:12 pm

jazanetti wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Simmons is much better defender and playmaker. Fox will never be so good at these areas. While both are awful shooters.
I love Fox as a fan, but I understand that we'll never build winning team around him as best player. And I'd prefer to run Hali as our PG. So I'd definitely trade Fox for Simmons.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using RealGM mobile app

This is silly. Fox can hit the mid-range, and hes at least a threat from deep. Ben Simmons is worthless outside of 5ft.

I agree you cant win a ship with Fox as your best player, but there's no evidence to suggest you can with Simmons. In fact, they have failed multiple years in a row, and its likely hes Phillys 4th best player. Put Fox with Embid, Tobias, Seth, Hill, Maxey, Shake, Green, Thybulle, Howard, and you are talking about a legit title team.

I don't understand how anyone could have watched that series and said "Simmons is going to take my team to the next level, lets build around him". Its truly mind blowing to me.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:14 pm

If anything I'm thinking Embid is going to ask out, and the Kings should make a move for him.

Haliburton + #9, + future 1sts + Bagley.

Fox - Buddy - Barnes - Embid is going to be a scary team.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by kb02 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:38 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:If anything I'm thinking Embid is going to ask out, and the Kings should make a move for him.

Buddy and Barnes would be the first players off the Kings for me. Especially Buddy. So replace Hali with Buddy and I would do it, but Philly hangs up the phone.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 616

Post#10 » by sackings916 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:49 pm

kb02 wrote:

I think fox for Simmons doesn’t make the team better. The idea would be to add Simmons to Fox and Haliburton. I was thinking something like Barnes, Buddy and 9.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:54 pm

kb02 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:If anything I'm thinking Embid is going to ask out, and the Kings should make a move for him.

Buddy and Barnes would be the first players off the Kings for me. Especially Buddy. So replace Hali with Buddy and I would do it, but Philly hangs up the phone.

Typically I agree that Id want Buddy/Barnes shipped out. But in a scenario we are building around Fox/Embid, I think they would be fine. Buddy would move to a Seth role at the 3rd guy, and Barnes is just a do it all tweener forward.

We probably would get beat out by another team, but for us to even field a competitive offer it must include Hali. I love Haliburton more than the next, but it would be easy for me to trade him for Embid.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#12 » by blind prophet » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:46 pm

I want no part of his contract man.

:noway:
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#13 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:23 am

Embiid absolutely not. With his conditioning/body/structural problems he is a step away, and only has a few years at heights possibly. You don't forfeit a build on that.

As for OP, if Fox/Haliburton aren't on the table I don't see Simmons being an option (not saying they should be). He is still a fairly premier player with solid all around advanced stats.

I think folks are underrating Simmons. He is still fairly effective and a semi jumper away from being a problem. Before the playoffs impartial fans may have said Simmons had more value than Fox. I think Philly would ask for Fox, and I can see where our FO would say no, but would consider it
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#14 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:14 am

Fox for Simmons is such a bad idea for Sacramento.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#15 » by Silver Man » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:25 am

Embiid just leaves after the 2023 season and we gut our our team and future for a team that would probably still end up around 6-8 especially with the lack of depth.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#16 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Silver Man wrote:

Embiid just leaves after the 2023 season and we gut our our team and future for a team that would probably still end up around 6-8 especially with the lack of depth.

He may just go to the highest bidder at that juncture. Dude isn't built to last
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#17 » by SmellingColors » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:31 pm

Simmons is not coming to Sac, but the idea that Fox/Simmons are both "bad shooters" is so disengenuous. Fox is not an elite 3-pt shooter, but Simmons WON'T shoot. Those are two different worlds. Fox isn't being traded for Simmons.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#18 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 2:09 am

Tobias. And shake. for hield and barnes.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#19 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jul 9, 2021 7:25 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Tobias. And shake. for hield and barnes.

Thats probably the most equitable trade between the teams there is
Beteo
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Beteo » Fri Jul 9, 2021 8:04 pm

SmellingColors wrote:Simmons is not coming to Sac, but the idea that Fox/Simmons are both "bad shooters" is so disengenuous. Fox is not an elite 3-pt shooter, but Simmons WON'T shoot. Those are two different worlds. Fox isn't being traded for Simmons.

That are some true words. Some would say that Simmons is not even shooting at all in the fourth quarter.

Return to Sacramento Kings