The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: The New Improved 2021-He isn't a bad 2022 Trade/Offseason Thread 

Post#121 » by The Rebel » Tue Jul 6, 2021 5:00 am

FilNugsFan wrote:Speaking of shooting guards, any thoughts on Jordan Poole? I think he had a pretty decent season for the Warriors. He can definitely score and handles the ball well. And with Klay's return next season, Poole's role could diminish and he might consider having a larger role with another team.

He wouldn't be a bad idea, but he is under contract next year and I doubt the warriors trade him. They need Thompson insurance badly and Poole is still on a rookie deal.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Re: The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread 

Post#122 » by psimanic1 » Tue Jul 6, 2021 8:54 am

The Rebel wrote:If Lin and Redick are the guys the front office wants to target than they should resign and let someone interested in winning take over the job. I don't know why it is so hard for some to accept but Lin was done years ago when he injured his knee so badly. Redick has gotten so old that Dallas wants him gone despite needing 3 point shooting badly.

We have the full MLE ($9.7 million starting salary), a tpe for at least $5 million, minimum contracts exceptions, the 26th pick, and may get a disabled player exception for $15.75 Million +/-.

We have
Morris/ Campazzo/ Howard (Murray)
/ Dozier/
MPJ/ Cancar
Gordon/ Green/ Nnaji/ Bol
Jokic/

Like Richard, If the worst we can do is bring back Rivers and Harrison, than I prefer that over Lin and Redick.

in a great offseason I would sign Conley for the 1 year injury exception, use the MLE for Malik Monk, bring back Harrison on a 2 way deal, use our pick for BPA, and use Bol with the TPE to either get a pick while taking back a iffy contract or to get a suitable big.

Doesnt that mean Murray cant play until next season if we get injury exc? What about POs if he gets back? I have a feeling he is back by new year, and playing regular minutes by march april if he doesnt have any setbacks, which are not something unknown after injury like this. Hopefully no new injuries because of this one
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#123 » by The Rebel » Thu Jul 8, 2021 4:17 am

psimanic1 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:If Lin and Redick are the guys the front office wants to target than they should resign and let someone interested in winning take over the job. I don't know why it is so hard for some to accept but Lin was done years ago when he injured his knee so badly. Redick has gotten so old that Dallas wants him gone despite needing 3 point shooting badly.

We have the full MLE ($9.7 million starting salary), a tpe for at least $5 million, minimum contracts exceptions, the 26th pick, and may get a disabled player exception for $15.75 Million +/-.

We have
Morris/ Campazzo/ Howard (Murray)
/ Dozier/
MPJ/ Cancar
Gordon/ Green/ Nnaji/ Bol
Jokic/

Like Richard, If the worst we can do is bring back Rivers and Harrison, than I prefer that over Lin and Redick.

in a great offseason I would sign Conley for the 1 year injury exception, use the MLE for Malik Monk, bring back Harrison on a 2 way deal, use our pick for BPA, and use Bol with the TPE to either get a pick while taking back a iffy contract or to get a suitable big.

Doesnt that mean Murray cant play until next season if we get injury exc? What about POs if he gets back? I have a feeling he is back by new year, and playing regular minutes by march april if he doesnt have any setbacks, which are not something unknown after injury like this. Hopefully no new injuries because of this one

No all the injury exception means is that he is likely out through the end of the regular season. Given that it has taken guys on average a year to come back from the injury, that would put him as back in May. which will be close to the end of the season.

There are some tough restrictions on using the injury exception though. The biggest is that It can only be for 1 year, you can sign or trade for a guy but the deal has to expire the end of that season. Which is why I suggested someone like Conley, he is likely worth a 3 year slightly above MLE deal this offseason, but if you can offer him an extra $4.5 million for 1 year and a job on a contender guys like him might take the 1 year.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#124 » by Richard Miller » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Well, soon few things should be more clear:

Will Barton has a $14.6 million player option he must decide on by July 17.

JaMychal Green player option deadline is July 26.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#125 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:45 pm

The Rebel wrote:There are some tough restrictions on using the injury exception though. The biggest is that It can only be for 1 year, you can sign or trade for a guy but the deal has to expire the end of that season. Which is why I suggested someone like Conley, he is likely worth a 3 year slightly above MLE deal this offseason, but if you can offer him an extra $4.5 million for 1 year and a job on a contender guys like him might take the 1 year.

When you suggested Conley before reading this info, I scoffed a bit. However, after this explanation, I'd be more comfortable signing him (Lowry might be an option too, but both are probably looking for their last big deals). I do hear rumors UTH will make a big play to resign him this offseason, but he may look at the Nuggets as a better opportunity to win a championship since it's becoming more and more obvious that the Jazz are such choke artists and could be on the verge of an implosion IMO.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#126 » by The Rebel » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:58 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:There are some tough restrictions on using the injury exception though. The biggest is that It can only be for 1 year, you can sign or trade for a guy but the deal has to expire the end of that season. Which is why I suggested someone like Conley, he is likely worth a 3 year slightly above MLE deal this offseason, but if you can offer him an extra $4.5 million for 1 year and a job on a contender guys like him might take the 1 year.

When you suggested Conley before reading this info, I scoffed a bit. However, after this explanation, I'd be more comfortable signing him (Lowry might be an option too, but both are probably looking for their last big deals). I do hear rumors UTH will make a big play to resign him this offseason, but he may look at the Nuggets as a better opportunity to win a championship since it's becoming more and more obvious that the Jazz are such choke artists and could be on the verge of an implosion IMO.

I would love Lowry, but he reportedly thinks he is getting 2 years at $25 a year.

The Jazz are already slated to pay about $1'.5 million in tax next year. Now I know they have a new buyer and that WAde bought in with some cash, but how far are they willing to go into the tax? I can see them slightly beating the MLE to try to keep him at 34 years old, but I think if we get and throw the whole injury exception for Murray at him for 1 year he could see the long term benefit. I think he is has a similar year next year to the one he had this year he will still get the full MLE for 3 years.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#127 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Murray, Bol, 2021, 2023, swap-2024 for Lillard

THE PLAN: Win the title in 2022 or/and 2023, and once MPJ gets maxed and Joker super-maxed trade one of BIG3 (due cap reasons) for a superhot prospect under rookie contract so "The Big Contender" era will continue. (necessary move to this plan works: get rid of Malone and Barton)
skywalker33

Post#128 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:46 am

THE J0KER wrote:Murray, Bol, 2021, 2023, swap-2024 for Lillard

THE PLAN: Win the title in 2022 or/and 2023, and once MPJ gets maxed and Joker super-maxed trade one of BIG3 (due cap reasons) for a superhot prospect under rookie contract so "The Big Contender" era will continue. (necessary move to this plan works: get rid of Malone and Barton)

I believe we traded our 2023 1st already to OKCv for Hampton, we're down on draft picks at this point.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#129 » by TunaFish » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

I believe we traded our 2023 1st already to OKCv for Hampton, we're down on draft picks at this point.

If they are going to trade Lillard, then Murray would be a piece they would be after. Assuming Murray will return to full health, the question that has to be asked is whether it is smarter to wait for Murray or throw the future out the window for Lillard.

Age is a factor here as well. So, roll the dice or stay the course? Glad it is not my decision and good luck Tim Connelly, if this deal ever presents itself.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#130 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:01 pm

Well, Lillard certainly is attractive. The 2024 swap, if it allows Portland to decide to make it - would mean nothing. Denver should be better than Portland. 2023 pick is gone. So the deal would be 2022 + Murray + Bol for Lillard. I'd rather keep Murray for a longer run and I don't think Portland would accept that offer.

But I wouldn't cry (too long) if Denver made this trade.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#131 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:03 pm

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

If they are going to trade Lillard, then Murray would be a piece they would be after. Assuming Murray will return to full health, the question that has to be asked is whether it is smarter to wait for Murray or throw the future out the window for Lillard.

Age is a factor here as well. So, roll the dice or stay the course? Glad it is not my decision and good luck Tim Connelly, if this deal ever presents itself.

I like Lillard and think he would fit well with Jokic - very well. But I'd rather keep Murray for a longer run. Yes, the 2023 pick is gone. I don't like the idea of trading Murray, but if it has to be for Lillard, I can live with it.
skywalker33

Post#132 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:37 am

C'mon, the chances of POR trading Lillard to the Nuggets has gotta be pretty low. Know we've been trade partners in the past but this is pretty high profile within the division....dream on Joker

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#133 » by Richard Miller » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:56 pm

skywalker33 wrote:C'mon, the chances of POR trading Lillard to the Nuggets has gotta be pretty low. Know we've been trade partners in the past but this is pretty high profile within the division....dream on Joker

Yea, and I don't think Lillard would even consider Denver, if he does get traded it will likely be one of the big markets
skywalker33

Post#134 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:C'mon, the chances of POR trading Lillard to the Nuggets has gotta be pretty low. Know we've been trade partners in the past but this is pretty high profile within the division....dream on Joker

Yea, and I don't think Lillard would even consider Denver, if he does get traded it will likely be one of the big markets

I disagree with that, he’s always sworn off joining a super team, saying he wants to win it all for POR. Bet he’d love playing with Joker and Murray/MPJ

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#135 » by Richard Miller » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:04 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

I disagree with that, he’s always sworn off joining a super team, saying he wants to win it all for POR. Bet he’d love playing with Joker and Murray/MPJ

Well, I never said a super team. He could go to NY or Miami or Boston and while that would be a very good team, still not quite a super team. I doubt he would like to play in Denver's system, even though he wants to win, I imagine he also wants to get attention too, 'Dame time' and all that stuff.
skywalker33

Post#136 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

Well, I never said a super team. He could go to NY or Miami or Boston and while that would be a very good team, still not quite a super team. I doubt he would like to play in Denver's system, even though he wants to win, I imagine he also wants to get attention too, 'Dame time' and all that stuff.

Do you really see Dame as a "Look at me type guy" ??? Cuz I sure don't. Not to say he couldn't be drawn to a place like NY, MIA or BOS but I can't say any moreso than he's like to play in DEN. I just don't see POR wanting to keep him in this division (or to a LA team)

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#137 » by psimanic1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:08 pm

So, Green also declined his option, I could see him back on 3/21, a bit longer contract with TO or PO?
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#138 » by TunaFish » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:04 am

psimanic1 wrote:So, Green also declined his option, I could see him back on 3/21, a bit longer contract with TO or PO?

Same situation with Barton. Both are hoping for a salary increase and the question is from where.

I agree with you that Denver will try to resign Green. I also think they will try to resign Barton although Barton's contract demands may make that impossible. As has been already pointed out, the "where" is unclear with so many teams without cap space and the teams with cap space are unlikely to want to use that on Barton. I don't see Barton taking an MLE level contract to just leave Denver when he could have opted in for more money.

However, Green is cheaper, below the MLE and may have more demand.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by The Rebel » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:26 am

TunaFish wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:So, Green also declined his option, I could see him back on 3/21, a bit longer contract with TO or PO?

Same situation with Barton. Both are hoping for a salary increase and the question is from where.

I agree with you that Denver will try to resign Green. I also think they will try to resign Barton although Barton's contract demands may make that impossible. As has been already pointed out, the "where" is unclear with so many teams without cap space and the teams with cap space are unlikely to want to use that on Barton. I don't see Barton taking an MLE level contract to just leave Denver when he could have opted in for more money.

I have a feeling you will be shocked when Barton goes for well above the MLE. Teams are desperate for guys who can shoot and create for themselves from the 2/3.

Green is a hard one for me to figure out. He has bounced around the league for a long time and had to change his entire game after his injuries. He was great the first few weeks of the season but fell off pretty hard by the end of the sseason. I can see him re-signing for something like a 3 year $28 million deal (which is max we can give him without using the MLE, but is that enough and do we really want him at that price for 3 more years?
skywalker33

Post#140 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:35 pm

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

I have a feeling you will be shocked when Barton goes for well above the MLE. Teams are desperate for guys who can shoot and create for themselves from the 2/3.

Green is a hard one for me to figure out. He has bounced around the league for a long time and had to change his entire game after his injuries. He was great the first few weeks of the season but fell off pretty hard by the end of the sseason. I can see him re-signing for something like a 3 year $28 million deal (which is max we can give him without using the MLE, but is that enough and do we really want him at that price for 3 more years?

Well Rebel, given the MLE is around $9M and he turned down $14M, it truly wouldn't surprise me if he gets well over the Exception rate. I will bet teams do take note of his playoff absences over the past two years, his injury recovery rate is surely bothersome to more than just us. Didn't surprise me to see him opt out, more so given the poor FA market this year, he does look like an above-market player right now but to me, that doesn't mean he is. I do see him coming back to the Nuggets, it would really look poorly on the franchise if they let their top FA get away two years in a row. I really hope it's just a 2-yr with 3rd yr/TO but knowing the FO, it'll be a 4-5yr PO deal.

With Nnaji waiting to take some mins, easy to see why Green opted out, just hope we might get a S&T there. Green has some value but none that I can't see Nnaji being able to replace at a much cheaper deal. Perhaps we could get some back-court help in return for Green.

Return to Denver Nuggets