ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 268 in MSG Usman vs Colby 2, Rose vs Zhang 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 262 Oliveira vs Chandler (for Khabib's vacant title), Ferguson vs Dariush 

Post#1781 » by islanders11040 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:11 am

Clyde_Style wrote:If Conor lands a lucky punch and KOs Poirier it would be worth another $50M to him.

If he loses badly he can still sell whiskey

i think he sold his whiskey company for $600 mil this year. (him and biz partners)
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 262 Oliveira vs Chandler (for Khabib's vacant title), Ferguson vs Dariush 

Post#1782 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:27 am

Tai tuivasa is awesome

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,384

Post#1783 » by robillionaire » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:29 am

jake paul will absolutely murder conor mcgregor
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1785 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:46 am

Damn really wanted to see Dustin knock conor out cold

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,039

Post#1786 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:50 am

Diamond was going to win that fight, but it sucks that Conor can still claim he didn't lose.

Conor came out with a ton of energy and was mixing up his style to throw Poirier off, and it worked a bit, but it was never going to work in the long run, because that's Dustin's style of fight anyway.

Conor trying to surprise Poirier with the guillotine choke and taking the fight to the ground was a major mistake.

Conor's chance was going to be a flash KO, which is why it sucks this fight ended like that.

I think Diamond was going to end it by the third though.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,433

Post#1787 » by KL78192020 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:01 am

GONYK wrote:Diamond was going to win that fight, but it sucks that Conor can still claim he didn't lose.

Conor came out with a ton of energy and was mixing up his style to throw Poirier off, and it worked a bit, but it was never going to work in the long run, because that's Dustin's style of fight anyway.

Conor trying to surprise Poirier with the guillotine choke and taking the fight to the ground was a major mistake.

Conor's chance was going to be a flash KO, which is why it sucks this fight ended like that.

Nah Conor was done when Dustin pointed at his foot after that kick, he knew Conor **** up. The reason Conor went for the Guillotine is he knew his foot was kinda ****, he was done after that bad kick he threw. He made a mistake and Dustin rocked him. Conor can't make excuses for a bad kick and blame his ankle, he made the mistake.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1788 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:03 am

KL78192020 wrote:
GONYK wrote:Diamond was going to win that fight, but it sucks that Conor can still claim he didn't lose.

Nah Conor was done when Dustin pointed at his foot after that kick, he knew Conor **** up. The reason Conor went for the Guillotine is he knew his foot was kinda ****, he was done after that bad kick he threw. He made a mistake and Dustin rocked him. Conor can't make excuses for a bad kick and blame his ankle, he made the mistake.
Yea, looking at the picture of Conor standing on the break, I think it's clear Dustin is telling the truth that it was broken before.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1789 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:08 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,553

Post#1790 » by The KnicksFix » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:49 am

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Don’t really seem like much. And I’m a doctor :lol: :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#1791 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:34 am

So ...

Poirier vs. Oliviera?

Chandler vs. Gaethje?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1792 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:21 am

The KnicksFix wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Don’t really seem like much. And I’m a doctor :lol: :lol:

Actually, make you a good doctor because it wasn’t on the check. Watch this

Free Palestine
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#1793 » by Little Italia » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:56 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:So ...

Poirier vs. Oliviera?

Chandler vs. Gaethje?

I can dig it.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1794 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:45 pm

robillionaire wrote:jake paul will absolutely murder conor mcgregor

Jake’s getting meme’d next when Woodley drops him.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,248

Post#1795 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:48 pm

I've seen enough flapping limbs in the UFC for a lifetime. I've never liked gore movies, but have watched combat sports most of my life. As a boxing fan who warmed up to MMA, I've been mostly entertained by the UFC, but these injuries are becoming sickening to me and I'm pretty much over MMA at this point. It makes me appreciate the gentleman's art of boxing more than ever.

Ali got me into this world and he was sui generis. I'm glad I got to experience boxing in its golden era of the 1980s when half of the fights were broadcast on free TV. But I don't keep up with boxing any longer as the MMA took over the spotlight.

I got what thrills I needed out of these sports, but I'm losing my taste for the brutality of it all. I do know both sports can be lethal. I still remember Boom Boom Mancini pounding Duk Koo Kim into a brain dead pulp. But now MMA feels worse to me. Maybe I'm changing and the sport has stayed the same. There will surely be death and more mutilations in the future of MMA. I won't be watching when they happen.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1796 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:39 am

GEOLINK wrote:

Good news for you, the Conor vs. Jake Paul fight IS ON! Baring any complications, the fracture should heal just fine. The bad news is, it looks like Conor suffers from dainty ankles. :lol:

Free Palestine
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1797 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:19 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Good news for you, the Conor vs. Jake Paul fight IS ON! Baring any complications, the fracture should heal just fine. The bad news is, it looks like Conor suffers from dainty ankles. :lol:

His post-fight stuff (and the entire buildup frankly) made me get over this fight real quick. Not a great look.

He would’ve gotten finished if the fight reached the second round.
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 826

Post#1798 » by Montmorencie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:21 am

Haven't watched MMA a lot. If Khabib is like Ali for MMA, who is Connor like then?
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,356

Post#1799 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:11 am

Montmorencie wrote:Haven't watched MMA a lot. If Khabib is like Ali for MMA, who is Connor like then?

lol who told you khabib is like ali? :lol:

it is really unfortunate, that conor always gets some kind of out.

he breaks PPV records every time he fights, Conor will get any fight he wants until people stop buying his ppvs.

I was a huge fan of his comeup and loved the perfomance vs eddie. just because i rly treat this like pure entertainment, even tho im doing some mma myself to stay in shape, i have a really hard time to see the UFC as a "real sport". i like ONE if i really wanna see the competetive spirit of MMA. The UFC reminds me so much of WWE or something.

but it all went downhill after that eddie fight. the trashtalk got out of hand, didnt work on his craft like others did. Conor is just annoying these days. but casual fans buy his fights, literally the only reason hes still relevant. this would be a career ending fight for anybody else

i was a bit dissapointed in wonderboy - burns. it was the last shot fort wonderboy for a legit run at the titel and i expected a bit more from him, i know burns is a killer but you gotta risk more at this point.
im bout dat action boss
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 826

Post#1800 » by Montmorencie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:Haven't watched MMA a lot. If Khabib is like Ali for MMA, who is Connor like then?

lol who told you khabib is like ali? :lol:

He seems to be the greatest in the sport history, correct? And undefeated in a harder sport with much more ways to go down.

Return to New York Knicks