All Elite Wrestling - Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,941

Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#1341 » by iMoreland » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:47 am

What a great show. Seems like everyone on the roster is over as hell.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,372

Post#1342 » by Dominator83 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:20 am

iMoreland wrote:What a great show. Seems like everyone on the roster is over as hell.

This is like the old Vince Russo booking. He knew how to keep the majority of the roster occupied and relevant.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1343 » by tugs » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:08 pm

I love Britt Baker, man
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1344 » by iMoreland » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:27 am

Spoiler:
Meltzer speculated on WOR that Daniel Bryan might be going to AEW.

It's only speculation but Meltzer is usually in the know.

Source: WOR
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1345 » by iMoreland » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Spoiler:
"One of the biggest stars of wrestling in this century could be headed back to wrestling, if all goes well. CM Punk has been in ongoing talks for a return, sources tell Fightful.

Fightful Select learned last week that CM Punk has been in talks to make a return to pro wrestling as an in-ring performer, with sources indicating that AEW is the most likely landing point. We have no confirmation of a contract officially being signed, a timetable, a set return date, or any creative plans, only that Punk and a company official have had ongoing conversations about an in-ring return.

As with any negotiations, nothing is ever fully confirmed until the deal is actually done and the subject appears on screen. 

We have heard of other companies having interest in Punk coming in to work after fans returned, but have not heard of any specific offers or overtures made towards him. 

Fightful has not officially confirmed this report with CM Punk himself or All Elite Wrestling officials. We have been told in recent days that higher ups in WWE believe that Punk is headed to AEW. 

Punk last wrestled in January 2014 for WWE, and was released later that year. In the years that followed, he pursued a career in mixed martial arts in the UFC, where he officially has an 0-1 record with 1 no contest.  In addition to MMA, Punk has worked in commentary roles within the sport, and made his way into acting. He also appeared on WWE Backstage for approximately six months. Aside from his appearances on Backstage, he's only made two appearances in wrestling since leaving WWE -- both in very anonymous masked roles on the independent circuit"

Source: Fightful
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1346 » by iMoreland » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:08 am

Spoiler:
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/07/21/daniel-bryan-reportedly-signs-with-aew/

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Holy crap it's happening
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1347 » by iMoreland » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:57 am

Just got tickets to their first show in a stadium in New York in September. I've drank the kool aid.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1348 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:01 am

tugs wrote:I love Britt Baker, man

She's a great wrestling personality and entertainer, but her actual wrestling is awful for a champion.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#1349 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:07 am

So gonna have to catch up on this one but following some online and uh....Nick Gage huh. IDK how Jericho's gonna win it but I'm fascinated to see.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1350 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:33 am

Haven't watched yet but just heard the Daniel Bryan news... it's one of those things that I gotta see to believe but
it makes sense for him he's pretty much fought everybody in WWE already. I'm looking forward to see him in fresh matchups
and guys he hasn't faced since the late 2000's in ROH. Also would be cool to see him work a non restrictive WWE style
and perhaps be allowed to work a few NJPW dates.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1351 » by tugs » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:10 am

Wow wow wow wow

Imagine AEW pulling a WWE move and having both Punk and Bryan debut on the same night. Kind of like when Kenta introduced Devitt in NXT
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1352 » by WRau1 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:21 pm

Happy for the American Dragon, what a huge get for AEW if true.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#1353 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1354 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:25 am

Read on Twitter
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1355 » by WRau1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 pm

According to "multiple sources ", DB and Punk are both done deals. Wow. Ratings are about to be very, very interesting between AEW and WWE.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM

Post#1356 » by tugs » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
Lol always felt she's been in AEW for years now. Forgot she's NWA
tugs
RealGM

Post#1357 » by tugs » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:05 pm

WRau1 wrote:According to "multiple sources ", DB and Punk are both done deals. Wow. Ratings are about to be very, very interesting between AEW and WWE.
Maaaaaannnn

Would you all prefer them debuting singles or together or with a stable? Christian hasn't been so hot lately so I don't know

Omega being referenced to being best wrestler in the world kind of sets Punk in there if they acknowledge his run with that gimmick. Wish they'd tag though, get the rust off of Phil and have Bryan also fresh by not getting over exposed in matches
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1358 » by WRau1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:27 pm

tugs wrote:
WRau1 wrote:According to "multiple sources ", DB and Punk are both done deals. Wow. Ratings are about to be very, very interesting between AEW and WWE.
Maaaaaannnn

Would you all prefer them debuting singles or together or with a stable? Christian hasn't been so hot lately so I don't know

Omega being referenced to being best wrestler in the world kind of sets Punk in there if they acknowledge his run with that gimmick. Wish they'd tag though, get the rust off of Phil and have Bryan also fresh by not getting over exposed in matches

I guess it all depends on the storyline but I would assume AEW will roll them out together and then split off after their 1st program. Other than their women's division (which is starting to come around) AEW's biggest weakness has been believable, top-end talent. What an absolute influx of top-end talent these past few months have been. You have guys like Miro, Andrade and Black coming in that you can afford to slow build while bringing in Punk and DB to eventually put those younger guys over. Now if AEW can land The IIconics, Riot and maybe even Flair/Zayn when they are up at the end of the year? Man, what a roster.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#1359 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Super exciting if true. The Bryan signing seems confirmed, but for the Punk signing — it’s kind of like I’ll believe it when I see it.

Some fans are saying AEW is the new WCW (kind of as a hit to AEW, not a compliment — with the sentiment being that they’re hiring too many WWE guys). I think the influx of meaningful, game-changing talent, always makes sense regardless of where they’re coming from. It’s gearing up as more of a legitimate alternative to WWE than ever.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1360 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:

Super exciting if true. The Bryan signing seems confirmed, but for the Punk signing — it’s kind of like I’ll believe it when I see it.

Some fans are saying AEW is the new WCW (kind of as a hit to AEW, not a compliment — with the sentiment being that they’re hiring too many WWE guys). I think the influx of meaningful, game-changing talent, always makes sense regardless of where they’re coming from. It’s gearing up as more of a legitimate alternative to WWE than ever.

I saw that as well this morning and called some people out on that logic it really is absolutely ridiculous
and even back then when they said it about WCW. Literally makes no sense why some people even think
like that.

Return to Pro Wrestling