ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Re: Booker Discussion, news and highlights 

Post#981 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

It seems Centers rarely make this list. I wouldn't mind a Paul one for now, if I still bought jerseys. For one it might be somewhat rare since he likely won't play here for long, and we made a run to the finals in his first year, etc.

I don't think I see any other Suns player outside of Booker getting on that list soon unless Ayton and Bridges take monster steps in their game.

But Booker has those occasional monster scoring games that appeal to so many so he will likely stay up there, especially with this finals run.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#982 » by Revived » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:59 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:Matt Petersen (@TheMattPetersen) Tweeted:
Devin Booker before he broke his nose (11 playoff games):

29.0 PPG
7.4 RPG
5.4 APG
49.1 FG%
38.2 3FG%
92.4 FT%
7.2 FTA/gm

Booker after breaking his nose (8 playoff games)

22.6 PPG
4.4 RPG
3.9 APG
35.9 FG%
29.1 3FG%
88.2 FT%
6.4 FTA/gm
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah this has gone overlooked. I get frustrated with Payne’s play at times too but even he has looked much worse after the ankle injury than he did before.

I think the mask bothers Booker so he doesn’t want to wear it (he threw it away after missing a point blank layup in the Clippers series for one game before wearing it again in the next one) but at the same time his nose isn’t fully recovered so he is afraid of getting hit in the face. He’s said something about this as well.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#983 » by saintEscaton » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

It seems Centers rarely make this list. I wouldn't mind a Paul one for now, if I still bought jerseys. For one it might be somewhat rare since he likely won't play here for long, and we made a run to the finals in his first year, etc.

I don't think I see any other Suns player outside of Booker getting on that list soon unless Ayton and Bridges take monster steps in their game.

But Booker has those occasional monster scoring games that appeal to so many so he will likely stay up there, especially with this finals run.

I proudly bought a Paul Valley jersey. It's really nice but after yesterday I don't know if I should wear it while watching games under the fear of jinxing him. He went off for that 40+ point game against the Clippers last time I wore it though so that felt great
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#984 » by Saberestar » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 am

Read on Twitter
Adrao
Junior
And1: 195

Post#985 » by Adrao » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:34 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter
We don't need a legend, we need Booker.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#986 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:50 pm

saintEscaton wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I proudly bought a Paul Valley jersey. It's really nice but after yesterday I don't know if I should wear it while watching games under the fear of jinxing him. He went off for that 40+ point game against the Clippers last time I wore it though so that felt great

I'd like a Paul one. Plenty of time for other ones.

I think Book will stick in the top 4 after a few years after LeBron and KD start to fall...they are huge now being in big markets. It might be hard to climb before that. Not sure if Giannis stays up there either due to market. Tatum and Luka are in bigger markets though and Luka has the international sales.

Half of those other guys will likely fall out...maybe Zion gets in there. Mitchell seems like he would but Jazz probably hurts. If he is in a big market he'd sell.

LaVine could get in there being in Chicago, especially if they can improve. Not sure about Cade or the top guys this year. Maybe whoever lands in Houston being a huge market if they are great...like Mobley or Green.

Or Barrett if he emerges into a superstar....or any big name NY signs if they stay tough.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#987 » by saintEscaton » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:28 pm

Adrao wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter
We don't need a legend, we need Booker.

If only Booker could elevate himself into becoming a true legend in the making, There's still time
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#988 » by Saberestar » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:11 am

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#989 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:41 am

Read on Twitter
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#990 » by suns12345 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:46 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I missed the game, he went 4/13, but people are saying he played well.

What did he do?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#991 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 1:01 am

suns12345 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What did he do?

I watched some of the Spain one...he started 1-7 and then he scored a couple layups and a 3. Last I was watching he was 4-10 so I thought he might finish well, but it got too late last night for me. I hadn't looked at the final stats today.

He was really going for rebounds and stuff and defending, hustling, etc. Playing more fluid without jumping into guys for fouls and stuff.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#992 » by bigfoot » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What did he do?

I watched some of the Spain one...he started 1-7 and then he scored a couple layups and a 3. Last I was watching he was 4-10 so I thought he might finish well, but it got too late last night for me. I hadn't looked at the final stats today.

He was really going for rebounds and stuff and defending, hustling, etc. Playing more fluid without jumping into guys for fouls and stuff.

Apparently lead the team in rebounding and tied in assists. Grabbed 3 steals and played defense.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,894

Post#993 » by Damkac » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:16 am

Revived wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Matt Petersen (@TheMattPetersen) Tweeted:
Devin Booker before he broke his nose (11 playoff games):

29.0 PPG
7.4 RPG
5.4 APG
49.1 FG%
38.2 3FG%
92.4 FT%
7.2 FTA/gm

Booker after breaking his nose (8 playoff games)

22.6 PPG
4.4 RPG
3.9 APG
35.9 FG%
29.1 3FG%
88.2 FT%
6.4 FTA/gm
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah this has gone overlooked. I get frustrated with Payne’s play at times too but even he has looked much worse after the ankle injury than he did before.

I think the mask bothers Booker so he doesn’t want to wear it (he threw it away after missing a point blank layup in the Clippers series for one game before wearing it again in the next one) but at the same time his nose isn’t fully recovered so he is afraid of getting hit in the face. He’s said something about this as well.

This is BS. Don't you know that Suns was the only team that hasn't been injuried in the playoffs?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#994 » by Revived » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:51 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I read somewhere that he had better stats in his playoff run than Kobe ever did in any of his playoff runs. And more 40 pt games in the finals than any of Kobe’s finals series as well. I only mention Kobe because of they are compared so often.

Funny how other NBA players who have to play against Booker appreciate his game more than fans do. Not just reg NBA players either, basically every active HOFer of the past like 3 years, superstars and remotely star players have made it a point to share how special of a player he is. Yet even some Suns fans like to run to bash Booker after he has one bad game after dropping like 40 on absurd efficiency against elite defenses.

It’s because unlike some foolish fans, these NBA players who have to play against Booker night in and night out have to know how much of a headache it is to defend him and knows how much he **** up their defensive game plans.

Even CP3 and Monty have both said how they only came to this franchise because of Booker. Suns would probably be in similar shape or worse than the Kings if Booker never became a Sun.

It’s crazy that he’s only 24 and he’s played the way he has especially in the playoffs and finals. He has a lot of things to improve on for sure but it’s downright scary to think how good he will be in 2-3 years when he will enter his true prime.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#995 » by Saberestar » Wed Aug 4, 2021 9:31 am

Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I read somewhere that he had better stats in his playoff run than Kobe ever did in any of his playoff runs. And more 40 pt games in the finals than any of Kobe’s finals series as well. I only mention Kobe because of they are compared so often.

Funny how other NBA players who have to play against Booker appreciate his game more than fans do. Not just reg NBA players either, basically every active HOFer of the past like 3 years, superstars and remotely star players have made it a point to share how special of a player he is. Yet even some Suns fans like to run to bash Booker after he has one bad game after dropping like 40 on absurd efficiency against elite defenses.

It’s because unlike some foolish fans, these NBA players who have to play against Booker night in and night out have to know how much of a headache it is to defend him and knows how much he **** up their defensive game plans.

Even CP3 and Monty have both said how they only came to this franchise because of Booker. Suns would probably be in similar shape or worse than the Kings if Booker never became a Sun.

It’s crazy that he’s only 24 and he’s played the way he has especially in the playoffs and finals. He has a lot of things to improve on for sure but it’s downright scary to think how good he will be in 2-3 years when he will enter his true prime.

Yeah, I agree. He is already a living legend for the Suns and this is just the beginning...

He is gonna get the Olympic Gold this summer and next season he will be a 3-time All Star at just 25 years old.

I can not see his ceiling because he is a relentless worker in his game. He loves the game and he is a better athlete that we thought.

What I value a lot is that he was quiet and doing his work like a good soldier during all those terrible years with bad coaches, bad teammates and a TERRIBLE GM.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#996 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:19 am

Needs to figure out a way to get his 3 point shooting consistant to take the next level.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#997 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:22 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, I agree. He is already a living legend for the Suns and this is just the beginning...

He is gonna get the Olympic Gold this summer and next season he will be a 3-time All Star at just 25 years old.

I can not see his ceiling because he is a relentless worker in his game. He loves the game and he is a better athlete that we thought.

What I value a lot is that he was quiet and doing his work like a good soldier during all those terrible years with bad coaches, bad teammates and a TERRIBLE GM.

I thought he took some big steps this season, primarily defense, hustle on doing more of the little things, and on occasion moving the ball more quickly. If he continues to improve on that last one...a bit quicker decision making, and can improve the 3 a bit, while continuing to improve defense....those 3 things would vault him up into All NBA status.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#998 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 1:01 am

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#999 » by Saberestar » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:45 am

sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,936

Post#1000 » by sunsbg » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:54 am

Watched only the second half, but found it interesting Popovich let him play all 2nd half except 2-3 mins, so he must trust him more than Lavine and the rest competing for his minutes. He did very well for the comeback win.

Return to Phoenix Suns