ImageImage

Trade Idea From A Celtics Fan

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,405

Trade Idea From A Celtics Fan 

Post#1 » by theman » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Trade 1. Grant Williams to Houston for Daniel House Jr. House is a consummate profession, a good shooter and cheap. He would also be insurance incase Evan Fournier walks.

Trade 2. Tristan Thompson and Carsen Edwards for Daniel House Jr. and DJ Augustin. With the return of Horford, emergence of Rob Williams (finally) and arrival of Moses Brown, Thompson becomes less necessary and Augustin fills a need at point without needing to be ball dominate or jacking up bad threes (cough smart cough). Not sure how much Houston needs Thompson be he be probably play along side Wood and Olynyk.

FYI - I told you guys you got one of the all time great steals in NBA history when you stole, I mean traded for Kevin Porter Jr.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Re: Trade Idea From A Celtics Fan 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:00 am

theman wrote:Trade 1. Grant Williams to Houston for Daniel House Jr. House is a consummate profession, a good shooter and cheap. He would also be insurance incase Evan Fournier walks.

Trade 2. Tristan Thompson and Carsen Edwards for Daniel House Jr. and DJ Augustin. With the return of Horford, emergence of Rob Williams (finally) and arrival of Moses Brown, Thompson becomes less necessary and Augustin fills a need at point without needing to be ball dominate or jacking up bad threes (cough smart cough). Not sure how much Houston needs Thompson be he be probably play along side Wood and Olynyk.

FYI - I told you guys you got one of the all time great steals in NBA history when you stole, I mean traded for Kevin Porter Jr.

I don't know about Trade 2, but I like the thought behind Trade 1. Grant would be someone worth a look for Houston if they are trying to get House out of the locker room (which they very well may be). House would likely be able to help Boston more than Grant this next season. I wouldn't exactly call House a consummate professional though seeing as he was the one who broke the bubble with the female lol.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#3 » by Darthlukey » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:26 am

Along a different line, what would Houston fans expect in a trade centred around your Wood for our TPE (as in what picks and young players [via a concurrent trade]? May be no interest at all, but given Woods age and value versus a rebuilding timeframe, I thought there may be some interest.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,604

Post#4 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:42 pm

I'll give you another one: Al Horford, Jabari Parker and Romeo Langford for John Wall and Usman Garuba. If the Rockets want Schroder instead of Langford, that's fine too.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit

Return to Houston Rockets