HOF chances for Khris Middleton

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Do you see Khris being inducted?

He's really far from that
36%
Needs another championship as a key player
10%
Needs another championship and a few more All-Star/All-NBA
25%
Just needs a few more All-Star/All-NBA
29%

Total votes: 204

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,165

HOF chances for Khris Middleton 

Post#1 » by durantbird » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:05 pm

I know, it's too early to tell. But does being the clear second best player on this Bucks championship team, and on multiple other versions of the Bucks that did quite well, on the regular season / postseason, is Middleton on the right track to the Hall of Fame?

His individual achievements are not that exciting, only two All-Stars and no All-NBA team, though he's probably among the best players ever not to make an All-NBA team, and if in 2020 his Guard and Forward votes were combined, he'd be in for at least this year. Also never had been listed to All-Defensive teams, though known as a solid defender.

What does he need to achieve to be considered? Or are his chances to be in already good?
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,927

Re: HOF chances for Khris Middleton 

Post#2 » by Joshyjess » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:25 pm

I have no idea, but I will say this - if he played every game of his career against the Celtics, he'd easily be a first ballot HOFFER. He always seems to play his best ball whenever he plays Boston.
turnmeup88
Junior
And1: 316

Post#3 » by turnmeup88 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:27 pm

I think the answer has to be just a couple more all-star appearances.

I'm curious to know say how many 5x all-stars with a chip as a relevant player are NOT in the HoF? I think 4-5 all stars seems to be the threshold to get in now.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,062

Post#4 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:28 pm

just needs to stay healthy, he has some nasty injuries in his rear view. Im glad hes found something that keeps him on the court playing at a high level.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#5 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:29 pm

he aint first ballot yet, but he could be. Id say jrue usurped him as second fiddle... for now anyway
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#6 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:32 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:he aint first ballot yet, but he could be. Id say jrue usurped him as second fiddle... for now anyway

Ball was literally in Middleton's hands to end every series. Jrue was cool but nah.

Midds got robbed this season from an all-star selection. He got robbed last season of an all-NBA selection. Those will be pretty hard to make up for in his twilight years when talking hall accolades. Maybe he could add a gold medal though.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
WeSkrongDen
Junior
And1: 184

Post#7 » by WeSkrongDen » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:36 pm

turnmeup88 wrote:I think the answer has to be just a couple more all-star appearances.

I'm curious to know say how many 5x all-stars with a chip as a relevant player are NOT in the HoF? I think 4-5 all stars seems to be the threshold to get in now.

0 All NBA teams. That means he's never been a top 15 player in the league in his entire career.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:37 pm

WeSkrongDen wrote:
turnmeup88 wrote:I think the answer has to be just a couple more all-star appearances.

0 All NBA teams. That means he's never been a top 15 player in the league in his entire career.

Meh, had more votes then 2 guys on the team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,451

Post#9 » by Saints14 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Love Middleton but I think he's pretty far away, and would either need really solid longevity or another chip as a key guy. Career best 20.9 PPG for someone known as a scorer isn't HOF level, and is typically good but not great by advanced stats. If the Bucks are more than a one and done championship team and he's still their 2nd best player, then maybe you get into the "can't tell the story of the NBA without Khris Middleton" argument
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#10 » by BoatsNZones » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:52 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:he aint first ballot yet, but he could be. Id say jrue usurped him as second fiddle... for now anyway

Jrue was important, but not close to Middleton as an offensive weapon in the postseason. He was a disaster on offense to be honest.
Zukkoyaki
Junior
And1: 262

Post#11 » by Zukkoyaki » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:53 pm

He's got a long way to go to make the HOF. Will probably be hard to rack up the necessary accolades now that he's almost 30 and there's a bunch of young dudes starting to make noise in the league.

He's probably at least getting his jersey retired in Milwaukee after this run which is a decent consolation.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#12 » by Winsome Gerbil » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:00 pm

This..is a poor question.

He's not even in the conversation. And he wouldn't be unless the Bucks launch a minidynasty here. He's a 30yr old 2x All Star with no All NBAs or other accolades, and a 16.8ppg average and 16.5PER. That's just a guy, a good solid guy, but just a guy.

DeMar DeRozan has 4 All Stars, 2 All NBAs, a career 20.1ppg average, and a career 18.5 PER. He won't make it either.

Eddie Jones was a 3x All Star with 1 All NBA and 3 All Defensive teams, a career 16.7PER, and no chance.

Peja Stojakovic , 3x All Star 1xAll NBA, 1x champ, 17.0ppg career 17.1PER, not going either unless snuck in as an international guy.

Middleton is just a good scoring guard in an era when scoring is really easy. He was 29th in the league in scoring this year. He wasn't his team's best player, nor likely even the best shooting guard on the floor in the Finals. He would need year after year of repeat success at the same level to even get in the conversation.

Note that All NBA's always tell a much better story of who is truly elite than All Stars.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Ball was literally in Middleton's hands to end every series. Jrue was cool but nah.

Midds got robbed this season from an all-star selection. He got robbed last season of an all-NBA selection. Those will be pretty hard to make up for in his twilight years when talking hall accolades. Maybe he could add a gold medal though.

there's a case to be made that the ball should have been in Jrue's hands. Not sure, they were both mad inconsistent.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst

Post#14 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:16 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:

Jrue was important, but not close to Middleton as an offensive weapon in the postseason. He was a disaster on offense to be honest.

If only HOF ballots were cast exclusively on the offensive side of the floor. Be honest mate, before Jrue, Middelton would have had those tough defensive assignments (i.e. CP3 n nem), but that ship sailed when Holiday showed up. It freed Khris to be more, but he struggled. One or two games is not status quo, that's outlier material. Not saying Middleton sux, just saying Jrue put in that work.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#15 » by hege53190 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:19 pm

Joshyjess wrote:I have no idea, but I will say this - if he played every game of his career against the Celtics, he'd easily be a first ballot HOFFER. He always seems to play his best ball whenever he plays Boston.

If all he did was play the Celtics the conversation would be where he belongs on the GOAT list.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#16 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:20 pm

He doesn't matter, this is all Giannis. And we shouldn't sully his moment wasting time on others.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#17 » by hege53190 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:32 pm

[gfycat][/gfycat]
celticfan42487 wrote:He doesn't matter, this is all Giannis. And we shouldn't sully his moment wasting time on others.

Ummm..... he had 15 game tying or go ahead shots in the final 2 minutes of games in the playoffs. Tied for most ever. He also hit pretty much game icing shot in game 6. He also carried in games 5 and 6 of the ECF. Giannis is the reason the Bucks had a shot and ultimately won. But his teammates and Middleton in particular helped tremendously.

Middleton has a dark horse shot right now. He throw up another title as a main piece and he has to be well in the conversation for HOF.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,659

Post#18 » by Jadoogar » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:36 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:He doesn't matter, this is all Giannis. And we shouldn't sully his moment wasting time on others.

I don't think Middleton will make HOF but it's really disrespectful to say Giannis won on his own. No one player wins a title. Middleton made tons of clutch baskets, i believe he outscored all other players combined in clutch points in the finals. Holiday played incredible defense this whole series, including a game winning steal last game. Even guys like Portis and Cougnaton made huge plays throughout the finals.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#19 » by dockingsched » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Basketball Reference has him at a 0.3% chance

Kind of puts this question into perspective. 30 yr olds that have never even been on an all nba team tend to not have good odds at making it to the HOF.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#20 » by hege53190 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:43 pm

dockingsched wrote:Basketball Reference has him at a 0.3% chance

Kind of puts this question into perspective. 30 yr olds that have never even been on an all nba team tend to not have good odds at making it to the HOF.

It’s tough. He really did deserve to be all-NBA in 2020. While I can see the all-star snub in 2021 because there was so much great talent. He was well within all-star play. So his accolades take a hit but he was a good enough player to get some of these accolades.

Return to The General Board