Post#1481 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:04 pm

^ :lol:
Formerly lakerRD
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1482 » by BEazy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:48 am

I'm going for the Bucks to end the Suns. I just want to see Crowder's face when he loses 2 finals in a row.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#1483 » by chefy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:12 am

Just want the series to go to 7 games lol.

Jrue Holiday man. Wish we could get a player like him. Good all around player and a defensive demon.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1484 » by Landsberger » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:39 am

Been a while.... I've lost much of my interest in the NBA... that said. Eat it Chris Paul!

That is all.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#1485 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:44 am

Props to the Bucks. I thought Kareem was never gonna give up that record. But they did
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1486 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 am

Kostas- "I was champ before you both"
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#1487 » by BEazy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:28 am

Crowder salsa dancing all the way to Cancun! lol

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#1488 » by EArl » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 am

Initially I didn't care who won as long at it wasn't the Clippers, but I started rooting for the Bucks when the finals started. So glad they lost.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1489 » by iamworthy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Suns fans were real confident after they beat the Lakers....:lol: Such a weird finals. I don't expect much from the bucks or suns going forward.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Post#1490 » by Beethoven » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:49 pm

CONGRATS to the bucks and Giannis.

suns back to irrelevancy..if they ever were relevant. Oop.

They'll need another perfect alignment of massive injuries to a set of superstars to get back to where they went again.
lol

Hope to see giannis at the finals against us next year.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#1491 » by ROballer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Chris Paul is a real scum but I'm not going to cry if he comes to the Lakers. He can opt out of this deal this summer.

And that's a bigger possibility than it may seem..

He's close as **** with Lebron, the latter even coming to one of his Finals games. You can bet your ass he's been recruited like crazy.

Here's why:

1.The sniff of the ring.

I think he never EVER thought it would be possible to get this close again. He probably wanted to play out his massive contract before trying to ring chase one final time, but in the back of his head I think he never expected to be in the Finals.
He was right there, he could smell it and probably wants it badly again. The last few years have been kinda down but this run clearly rejuvenated his hunger.

2. Although he was close, he's a smart man. He knows it was fluky as **** and the Suns are probably Miami from a year ago.
One trick ponies.
The West is going to get a lot stronger and they are not going to be able to improve by much if any. Getting an injury riddled path for their opponents is not a strong possibility as well. The Suns ARE NOT his best bet ever again.

3. Money not an issue.
This guy has made exactly 300 mil in his career from his NBA contracts alone. He doesn't seem the guy who lives paycheck to paycheck and who flushed it all away. He's got plenty of money to last him until the end of his life and his children's.
Yes, he's opting out of 44 mil. Yes, he probably will get a 2 year 80 mil deal from the Suns if he wants it.

Does 80 mil on top of 300+ mean more to him than a winning a ring? I don't think so.

There are two options here: Either signing for the MLE, leaving a ton of money on the table. He'd get 20-25% of what the Suns can give him.

Or convincing the Suns to do a S&T. They'll probably say no out of pettiness, but they can either lose him for nothing or get Schroder in return.
That way Paul's salary will be equivalent to Schroder's, 20-25 mil per. Still about 50% of what the Suns can and will give him.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#1492 » by Ball so hard » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:50 pm

Landsberger wrote:Been a while.... I've lost much of my interest in the NBA... that said. Eat it Chris Paul!

That is all.

Why?
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1493 » by Pythagoras » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:24 pm

ROballer wrote:Chris Paul is a real scum but I'm not going to cry if he comes to the Lakers. He can opt out of this deal this summer.

And that's a bigger possibility than it may seem..

He's close as **** with Lebron, the latter even coming to one of his Finals games. You can bet your ass he's been recruited like crazy.

Here's why:

1.The sniff of the ring.

I think he never EVER thought it would be possible to get this close again. He probably wanted to play out his massive contract before trying to ring chase one final time, but in the back of his head I think he never expected to be in the Finals.
He was right there, he could smell it and probably wants it badly again. The last few years have been kinda down but this run clearly rejuvenated his hunger.

2. Although he was close, he's a smart man. He knows it was fluky as **** and the Suns are probably Miami from a year ago.
One trick ponies.
The West is going to get a lot stronger and they are not going to be able to improve by much if any. Getting an injury riddled path for their opponents is not a strong possibility as well. The Suns ARE NOT his best bet ever again.

3. Money not an issue.
This guy has made exactly 300 mil in his career from his NBA contracts alone. He doesn't seem the guy who lives paycheck to paycheck and who flushed it all away. He's got plenty of money to last him until the end of his life and his children's.
Yes, he's opting out of 44 mil. Yes, he probably will get a 2 year 80 mil deal from the Suns if he wants it.

Does 80 mil on top of 300+ mean more to him than a winning a ring? I don't think so.

There are two options here: Either signing for the MLE, leaving a ton of money on the table. He'd get 20-25% of what the Suns can give him.

Or convincing the Suns to do a S&T. They'll probably say no out of pettiness, but they can either lose him for nothing or get Schroder in return.
That way Paul's salary will be equivalent to Schroder's, 20-25 mil per. Still about 50% of what the Suns can and will give him.

Dude, Chris Paul is president of the player’s union. He’s not going to walk away from the kind of stupid money Phoenix or the Knicks will throw at him just to ring chase for half of what he’d get on the open market or less. People need to let that dream go.
Numbers rule the universe.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#1494 » by ROballer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:40 pm

President of my ass. If that actually means anything. :roll:

Chris Paul is all about himself, don't ever think anything else about him. He could care less about precedents or other ****.
He's made 300+ mil and he'll be 37 years old soon. He's got 2-3 years left if that, if you think he's all about squeezing that juice you don't know anything about him. This isn't a 25 year old taking an way below market deal for suspect purposes, he's a guy at an age 99% of all players who ever played were retired already.
He has a bullet left in this chamber and rest assured he'll make his decision based on his winning odds, not money.

Yeah, he'll possibly take the Phx deal or the NY/Dallas deal. But the fact that it's more money involved than we can give him is a mere coincidence. He'd do it because he thinks those are the best bets he has in the 2-3 years left. He might be wrong but who are we to tell him anything?

People undersell his relationship with Lebron. And the fact we can add Carmelo to the boat(pun intended) after we trade Kuzma as well. It's not just an old fart buddy reunion of sorts, but one who can accomplish the ultimate goal(spare me on the Melo rant, he'll be rendered almost useless and it's a make someone happy add, nobody's expecting anything world class out of him..and we don't even need it).

Funny thing there's a precedent on our own **** franchise. Check Gary Payton deal made with us vs what the Heat were offering him at that time.
And he didn't have the personal connection with anyone on that team Paul has with Lebron and wasn't nearly Paul's age.

It's at least a viable discussion and way more plausible than most of the crap thrown at the wall around here in the Trades thread.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1495 » by Pythagoras » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:06 pm

ROballer wrote:President of my ass. If that actually means anything. :roll:

Chris Paul is all about himself, don't ever think anything else about him. He could care less about precedents or other ****.
He's made 300+ mil and he'll be 37 years old soon. He's got 2-3 years left if that, if you think he's all about squeezing that juice you don't know anything about him. This isn't a 25 year old taking an way below market deal for suspect purposes, he's a guy at an age 99% of all players who ever played were retired already.
He has a bullet left in this chamber and rest assured he'll make his decision based on his winning odds, not money.

Yeah, he'll possibly take the Phx deal or the NY/Dallas deal. But the fact that it's more money involved than we can give him is a mere coincidence. He'd do it because he thinks those are the best bets he has in the 2-3 years left. He might be wrong but who are we to tell him anything?

People undersell his relationship with Lebron. And the fact we can add Carmelo to the boat(pun intended) after we trade Kuzma as well. It's not just an old fart buddy reunion of sorts, but one who can accomplish the ultimate goal(spare me on the Melo rant, he'll be rendered almost useless and it's a make someone happy add, nobody's expecting anything world class out of him..and we don't even need it).

Funny thing there's a precedent on our own **** franchise. Check Gary Payton deal made with us vs what the Heat were offering him at that time.
And he didn't have the personal connection with anyone on that team Paul has with Lebron and wasn't nearly Paul's age.

It's at least a viable discussion and way more plausible than most of the crap thrown at the wall around here in the Trades thread.

It’s not more plausible. If you think he’s taking one cent less than the 30 million he’s getting offered this season, I have a bridge to sell you. The path to getting the Suns to facilitate the deal is also more difficult. They just made the finals. They gave up a pick to get him. There’s talk of them throwing a freaking 4th year at him just to get him to stay. Lowry, Lonzo, Brogdon, and Hield are all FAR more realistic options.

I don’t even think Lebron would ask him to take that kind of pay cut anyway. At least, he wouldn’t if they were truly friends. When time came for Lebron to get his money he took every single penny the Lakers could offer. Didn’t offer any kind of discount. Now he’s going to ask CP3 to leave north of 50 million on the table to come help him get a ring? What kind of friend would Lebron be if he did that?
Numbers rule the universe.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1496 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:52 am

Where was Jake from State Farm?
Forum permissions