UFC Fightnight - Sandhagen vs Dillashaw

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

UFC Fightnight - Sandhagen vs Dillashaw 

Post#1 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Firstly, let's recall one of the cringiest moments in a cringey sport, Sam Calvita (TJ's nutritionist/stregnth guy)'s response to TJ being busted:
"It is with a heavy heart that I, Coach Cal, the owner, founder, and purveyor of The reigning Lab, have recently seen the defeat of one of our family members in recent months. This defeat is not due to the skills and combat savvy of an opponent of flesh, but rather a defeat at the perilous hands of a far more sinister foe; the demon of self doubt which haunts each and everyone of us at one time or another in our lives.

As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief as a shield to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself head among the masses plagued by willful ignorance. However, there is an appropriate, and even required time for the head of a family to speak out. And, this is such a time.

The Treigning Lab in no way condones or encourages our family of athletes, worldwide, to partake in the perilous downward spiraling helix of synthetic performance enhancement. To do so is not only harmful to the individual but also harmful to the brothers, sisters, and other family members who are judged guilty by association. Yet the arena of public scrutiny is heavily weighted down with the enigma of fear for what it does not understand. To that end, the fact remains that The Treigning Lab, in concept and private practice established itself among Olympic and collegiate wrestlers in the year 2001 and has embarked on the life changing journey through sport with thousands of athletes spanning almost two decades of unparalleled excellence. We use quantitative analysis, metabolically accurate nutrition, proper supplementation, recovery facilitation, intelligence, and a training regiment of such high intensity that few have the wherewithal to imagine, much less dare to embrace. In the same amount of time, our athletes have never failed a single mandated test, yet reside among the elite in each of their chosen sports; standing at the top of the podium of character and integrity.

The Treigning Lab was built upon the foundation of integrity, hard work, and most importantly family. So, in light of recent events The Treigning Lab and its affiliates would, first, like to thank USADA for upholding the standard of sterling athletic practices and offering tests to ensure the safety and fairness of competitive sports. That being said, we would also like to thank all those who have come forward at this time to show their genuine concern for all of our athletes, especially TJ Dillashaw, a fallen soldier on the battlefield of public expectation and demand for perfection. Although, not right, and inexcusable, TJ succumbed to the relentless pressure to win at any cost for the purposes of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we all can relate to."

He has now accepted the repercussions of his decisions; and as such, it is our decision as The Treigning Lab family, to stand beside him in his journey forward."
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Re: UFC Fightnight - Sandhagen vs Dillashaw 

Post#2 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 pm

I have this in cursive on my forearm: "As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief as a shield to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself head among the masses plagued by willful ignorance."
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,255

Post#3 » by Shaazzam » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:43 pm

lol what in the actual ****
i have a flare for pretentiousness occasionally but holy smokes
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#4 » by REDDzone » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 pm

I watched a TJ presser this week, I don't recall him being so crazy eyed.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#5 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:53 am

Yeah watched them both talk in interview a bit too this week . Should be an interesting fight.

Nice and early for me too which suits as it won’t taken up the whole Sunday. 6am prelim/ 9am main car oppose to start around midday.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#6 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:58 am

I’ve only been following this sport like 2 years so I don’t really know the details around his suspension. Apparently he just failed one test he was saying. Then came out and admitted it and talked openly about it.

Not sure anyone’s ever done that before. Even 99% of
Body builders don’t admit to using steroids.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,034
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#7 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:20 am

Dupp wrote:I’ve only been following this sport like 2 years so I don’t really know the details around his suspension. Apparently he just failed one test he was saying. Then came out and admitted it and talked openly about it.

It was EPO and not a steroid, and while it’s probably just as useful, if not more for him, it won’t carry as heavy of a stigma IMO.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM

Post#8 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 am

EPO is big in cycling I think.

So from what I can gather epo is kind of hard to trace and isn’t traceable for long periods of time ( I could be wrong). He says he only did it for one camp ( CCC fight) and from what I can find he only had two failed tests? A bit unsure of the timeline but he got done jan 19 and then they caught a test from December 28 on a retest. I mean so he could be telling the truth but then you got Cody tweeting about TJ taking epo a year earlier.

His reasoning was he had no energy, was lethargic and had red blood cell % In the low 30s. Which is low. People can nitpick that and maybe he’s lying about that who knows.

No matter what the ped the stigma will always follow and people will never forget it. Doesn’t really matter what it is, if it’s a banned substance that’s it. Even if it’s something with like 0 benefit people don’t actually do research and go oh well that’s not too bad and visa versa for something that’s really effective, it’s all the same.

I don’t really care about peds it’s just whatever to me. Sounds like some decent health concerns with EPO. Not sure on the likelyhood but a bunch of risks.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#9 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 am

One day I might learn about the Jon jones stuff but that’s enough for now.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#10 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:09 pm

REDDzone wrote:I watched a TJ presser this week, I don't recall him being so crazy eyed.

Serious tom cruise vibe
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#11 » by REDDzone » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Dupp wrote:I’ve only been following this sport like 2 years so I don’t really know the details around his suspension. Apparently he just failed one test he was saying. Then came out and admitted it and talked openly about it.

I think that's how Gilbert Melendez handled it as well, just admitted it and apologized. IIRC.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,034
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#12 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:45 am

Dupp wrote:One day I might learn about the Jon jones stuff but that’s enough for now.

None of Jon’s cases are that unbelievable or that outlandish of excuses tbh.

His problem is he has like 14 of them now, and it’s hard to believe you just always are a victim of the most unfortunate of circumstances.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dupp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:09 pm

Soriano took some tasty body kicks
Dupp
RealGM

Post#14 » by Dupp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:30 pm

That was an insane fight. Costa pieced him up in the first but gassed up and got finished
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#15 » by spykelee » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:07 am

Dupp wrote:That was an insane fight. Costa pieced him up in the first but gassed up and got finished
Yanez had great toughness and pressure. The precision on his striking as he walked him down just wore Costa out. Def a great fight

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
Dupp
RealGM

Post#16 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:08 am

Some top tier judging already...
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#17 » by aggerrard » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:58 am

Great fight here.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#18 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:47 am

Great card and this fight is great
Dupp
RealGM

Post#19 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:10 am

Rd1: Tj
Rd2: Cory
Rd 3: TJ
Rd4: ?
Rd 5Cory

Thats how i scored it. hard to take damage overall into account scoring round by round.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#20 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Dupp wrote:Rd1: Tj
Rd2: Cory
Rd 3: TJ
Rd4: ?
Rd 5Cory

Thats how i scored it. hard to take damage overall into account scoring round by round.

Yeah, I think I had it 3-2 TJ in terms of control and comfort, which he had for more of the fight than Cory. But Cory landed the only hard, punishing shots. A good 7-8 punches and knees to the head. Plus, the damage to TJ's knee from 1 rd of grappling.

Meanwhile, TJ landed nothing of consequence to the head or the body. Not even a combo.

But TJ also had successful aggression for a lot of the fight. He also punished Cory's legs.

Tough call. I sorta want to say that Cory won it given all those clean, hard lands.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts