Giannis vs KD: who do you rank higher all time now?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

who do you rank higher all time?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Giannis
35%
KD
65%

Total votes: 160

Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Re: Giannis vs KD: who do you rank higher all time now? 

Post#61 » by Drygon » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Optms wrote:KD for his longevity wins easily. His rings are meaningless but Giannis going through Trae Young and Devin freaking Booker isn't exactly a crowning achievement. Another 2 years as an MVP level player and Giannis gets the nod for me.

Do you also rank CP3 ahead of Curry by same reasoning?

If not, then you're a hypocrite.

Giannis is better than KD ever was as a playoff performer, especially in Finals.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#62 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:02 pm

the irony that if KD just wore one size smaller shoe this really isn't a question

KD would probably have 3 titles and Finals MVP's and we'd probably be comparing him to MJ!

had he never tore his ACL 3 years ago, he might be gunning for his 5th or 6th title.....
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,465

Post#63 » by Profound23 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:08 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Neither are Lebron's

Okay

You can't post on these forums right after a team wins a ring. The hot takes and excitement are too much. Aparantly after this ring, Giannis has perhaps the GOAT peak and no one elses rings mean anything.

BTW my post was sarcasm, rings are rings.

It was bigbird who started spouting that the other two player's rings mean nothing.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#64 » by skones » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:09 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:the irony that if KD just wore one size smaller shoe this really isn't a question

KD would probably have 3 titles and Finals MVP's and we'd probably be comparing him to MJ!

had he never tore his ACL 3 years ago, he might be gunning for his 5th or 6th title.....

That's not "irony" and he didn't wear one size smaller shoe, because that's not the size that actually fits him.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,308

Post#65 » by Infinite Llamas » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:18 pm

SecondTake wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:KD finals MVPs are underrated, actually.

I think the media was hellbent on giving Curry his due after the Iggy trophy and KD was just so dominant and spectacular that for two years in a row, the media had no choice but to reward him. People can hate on KD’s decision all they want but I’m still convinced to this day that the Cavs beat the Warriors without KD. We saw it in 2015-16. KD was just that dominant.

Replace KD with any top 10 wing in the league and GSW still win.

So add on Gordon Hayward and the Warriors still win? You aren’t giving those Cleveland teams enough credit.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#66 » by Antinomy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:18 pm

You hear a lot about guys stat-padding but what Durant did is called resume-padding.

I don’t even factor his rings into his ranking/legacy. He proved absolutely nothing. Wow, he scored 30ppg in the finals being guarded by practically nobody!
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#67 » by gorz » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:20 pm

Kd has been the best player in the league for the past 5 yrs and a top 5 player for a stretch of 10 yrs. Giannis finally broke through in the playoffs this year.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#68 » by Antinomy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:20 pm

Infinite Llamas wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:KD finals MVPs are underrated, actually.

I think the media was hellbent on giving Curry his due after the Iggy trophy and KD was just so dominant and spectacular that for two years in a row, the media had no choice but to reward him. People can hate on KD’s decision all they want but I’m still convinced to this day that the Cavs beat the Warriors without KD. We saw it in 2015-16. KD was just that dominant.

So add on Gordon Hayward and the Warriors still win? You aren’t giving those Cleveland teams enough credit.

Absolutely. He was an all-star & atleast 2 tiers above Harrison Barnes who was god awful.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,308

Post#69 » by Infinite Llamas » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:43 pm

Antinomy wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

Absolutely. He was an all-star & atleast 2 tiers above Harrison Barnes who was god awful.

Possibly. I guess we’ll never know, unfortunately.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#70 » by SecondTake » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:52 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Yeah thats why Giannis himself said KD was better :lol:

Before he won a ring though. That's a big piece of context you forgot to mention.

2 is better than 1.

Usually, except you can replace KD with any all-star and still win both rings.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,774

Post#71 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:54 pm

KD for now but Giannis is on a better trajectory.
Go Raps!!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,875

Post#72 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:58 pm

SecondTake wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
Before he won a ring though. That's a big piece of context you forgot to mention.

2 is better than 1.

Any All Star isn't beating the Cavs in 2017 or the 65 win Rockets. Sorry.

You put KD on the Bucks and they win more easily. No way does Giannis get them to OT of Game 7.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,557

Post#73 » by ken6199 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:07 pm

So KD with 64% of the votes in this thread, compared to poor Jokic who only managed to get a whopping 12% votes in the other Giannis vs Joker thread.

I am glad to see less bias here, in a discussion started by someone named "SecondTake". I guess his association with the legendary program First Take has something to do with this.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,317

Post#74 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:13 pm

Way too early for this conversation.

Giannis has a long time left in the league. History says his game does not age well but nothing about Giannis has followed convention so we have to wait and see.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#75 » by SecondTake » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:17 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
2 is better than 1.

You put KD on the Bucks and they win more easily. No way does Giannis get them to OT of Game 7.

They literally won a ring without KD, and lopst6 the next one due to a suspension and razor close margins down the stretch to Lebron. Any upgrade over Harrison Barns is an instant ring.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#76 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 pm

Giannis did what KD couldn’t do with Harden, Westbrook me Ebaka
Giannis did it with Holiday, Middleton and Lopez

Westbrook is capable of winning a MVP, Holiday is not
Harden is capable of winning a MVP, Middleton is not
Ebaka is capable of winning a championship with Kawhi, but he didn’t win with KD

KD took the easy way out. And KD trolls social media with his personality disorder while Giannis is busy putting in the max amount of work and letting his game and winning speak for itself. They both are amazing players. But Giannis approach to the game makes him the better player. And his ability to slash. KD is obviously the better shooter. But Giannis is more dominate and is like a hybrid of Shaq and Kobe slashing game. He’s just amazing. Coach Kerr told KD what separated him from the other greats was his obsession with burner accounts and social media. When he was using a burner to say he’s one of the top 5 ever. That the other guys in the top 5 would do something on the court to prove it and let their fans talk them up instead. That’s the difference between Giannis and KD. Giannis is like if KD won with the Thunder. And he did it while beating KD with less talent than the Thunder had.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,875

Post#77 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 pm

SecondTake wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

They literally won a ring without KD, and lopst6 the next one due to a suspension and razor close margins down the stretch to Lebron. Any upgrade over Harrison Barns is an instant ring.

Ok make all the excuses you want. They begged him to come for a reason. They needed him to beat LeBron.

Giannis only won after half the league got injured. How does that make his title more legitimate than KD who outplayed LeBron twice and beat a 65 win Rockets team?

Giannis beat two injured teams and a mediocre Suns team.

Its by far the easiest path to a ring in NBA history. He didn't beat a single good team.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,615

Post#78 » by KyRo23 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:17 pm

skones wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:the irony that if KD just wore one size smaller shoe this really isn't a question

That's not "irony" and he didn't wear one size smaller shoe, because that's not the size that actually fits him.

I think I read recently that KD actually does wear his shoes one size larger than he needs lol I could be wrong though.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#79 » by skones » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:26 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
skones wrote:

I think I read recently that KD actually does wear his shoes one size larger than he needs lol I could be wrong though.

Noted. Though fit is relative and subjective. The fact is, KD wore the shoe-size he always does. Instead of the "Bucks being lucky cuz ShOe SiZe" which remains ridiculous (as it's not an argument that's made anywhere else), idk, KD, maybe just be better and know where your feet are. Or, don't airball the shot in OT.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,084

Post#80 » by AmIWrongDude » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 pm

step3profit wrote:What do you rank higher, super mario brothers or sonic the hedgehog?

What do you rank higher, mountains or rivers?

This **** is stupid.

1. Sonic - MORE RINGS
2. Mountains - Better peak

I'll see myself out

Return to The General Board