ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#2141 » by EvanZ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:28 pm

TB wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
The-Power wrote:How much better are 50 games of Hayward compared to 80 of Wiggins? Not to mention that Hayward is on a bad contract for a year longer, when he'll be what, 34 or 35 years old?

Hayward is 31. Not exactly 34 or 35.

Power is saying he will be 34 when his contract ends, which is true.

Who the f cares? That's 3 years from now. He's exactly the same timeline as our core, so if he's too old we might as well blow it up now right?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#2142 » by TB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:31 pm

EvanZ wrote:
TB wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Hayward is 31. Not exactly 34 or 35.

Power is saying he will be 34 when his contract ends, which is true.

Who the f cares? That's 3 years from now. He's exactly the same timeline as our core, so if he's too old we might as well blow it up now right?

Personally I don't care. I think Hayward fits our timeline perfectly and 34 is actually the perfect age to be ending your big contract.

Was just clarifying how I interpreted Powers age comment.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#2143 » by DevinVassell » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:44 pm

TB wrote:
The-Power wrote:
TB wrote:Is there any deal around the #2 and Wood that Rockets might say yes to?

Nope.

lol correct.

Followup, with maybe the same answer...

Would Rockets go all in on Jalen Green timeline and trade Wood for Wiseman and #7?

To me it seems like a lot for Wood, but he fits the timeline of what they seem to be after. Especially with rumors swirling of 1) Kuminga dropping and 2) all the "win now" stuff for Warriors at #14 with Duarte or Kispert

Rockets go all in with Green, Kuminga, Wiseman future

Warriors go all in for next couple years with:

Steph / Mills (mle) / Nico
Klay / Poole / Lee
Wiggins / JTA / Duarte (#14)
Dray / Otto (vet min) / Paschall
Wood / Looney / Chriss

Not saying this is a top option of mine, but I could see it happening.

Not sure the Rockets can demand a kings ransom for him.. and not that it really matters but Wood signed as a free agent so remember they basically got him for nothing.

The prudent thing for them to do is just accept our #14 and filler and be happy, suck as bad as possible next year and increase their chances at Chet or Paolo.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#2144 » by The-Power » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:55 pm

EvanZ wrote:Who the f cares? That's 3 years from now. He's exactly the same timeline as our core, so if he's too old we might as well blow it up now right?

Well, I think ownership would care about paying Hayward the last two years of his deal if he declines significantly or his body breaks down (both of which seems entirely possible). Not to mention that you might not want to have your entire starting five being in their mid-thirties. But let's just pretend it doesn't matter for what he brings on the court: it still matters for a player's value. You keep proposing trades that make us better next year, but we're badly overpaying nonetheless. That's just a poor management of assets – and I believe you know that yourself, deep down, since you have not addressed my question what makes Hayward's contract a positive one. You have also not addressed the point that a full season of Wiggins might be almost as valuable – or perhaps even more valuable than – two-thirds of a season with Hayward, even if we disregard all the factors around trade value and asset management for a moment.
TB
General Manager

Post#2145 » by TB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:34 pm

I actually think the Hornets are one of the more likely trading partners, if they value Wiseman over Bridges. I can't recall if the Hornets were high on Wiseman during the draft or not.

If they are fans of Wiseman, it would make sense to downgrade from Hayward to Wiggins to cater to the much more important timeline of Melo.

From the Warriors side, Wiggins to Hayward is definitely an upgrade, but the injury history and downgrade in defense means there would be a ton of back and forth negotiating on what additional assets go which way. I'd want Bridges (plus i wish Monk wasn't restricted). And i'm sure the'd want picks.

Usually when both fan bases are saying no, it's got a better possibility than if one side is all saying yes lol.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#2146 » by Mob Byers » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 pm

The-Power wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Who the f cares? That's 3 years from now. He's exactly the same timeline as our core, so if he's too old we might as well blow it up now right?

Well, I think ownership would care about paying Hayward the last two years of his deal if he declines significantly or his body breaks down (both of which seems entirely possible). Not to mention that you might not want to have your entire starting five being in their mid-thirties. But let's just pretend it doesn't matter for what he brings on the court: it still matters for a player's value. You keep proposing trades that make us better next year, but we're badly overpaying nonetheless. That's just a poor management of assets – and I believe you know that yourself, deep down, since you have not addressed my question what makes Hayward's contract a positive one. You have also not addressed the point that a full season of Wiggins might be almost as valuable – or perhaps even more valuable than – two-thirds of a season with Hayward, even if we disregard all the factors around trade value and asset management for a moment.

He doesn't address points and is clearly not here to have discussions. He posts tweets and only addresses the comments complaining about his tweets.

There's a reason why the T&T board makes posters put reasonings behind trades. It promotes discussion.

Don't know if he is doing this to be a troll or REDACTED DUE TO BEING MEAN
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#2147 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:17 pm

I think the move that works on the edges without losing Wiseman or Wiggins is adding Sexton and Love.
Sexton by trading the 7th pick and someone like Paschall.
Love, by working with Cavs on the buyout, perhaps (not sure if it's legal) assisting with cash in the buyout.

Adding Sexton and Love to the Warriors bench would put them on top, IMO.
Poole, Sexton, JTA/Lee, Love, Looney....that's a great bench.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
TB
General Manager

Post#2148 » by TB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:29 pm

The thing with Sexton is that while he is a 22 year old already getting 24 a game with an upward trending TS is:

1) his impact has always been negative to winning
2) style of play requires the ball in his had, which ain't happening as a starter
3) lots of rumblings of character and locker room issues
4) up for a massive contract soon

Kevin Love i'll take for a vet minimum but thats it. And only if its because of other players not being available.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#2149 » by Commodor » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:23 am

EvanZ wrote:

Kevin love is the 32! Let’s go get him for all our assets if Hayward doesn’t work out!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#2150 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:44 am

Eric Paschall for Bol Bol

@Myers
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#2151 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Commodor wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Kevin love is the 32! Let’s go get him for all our assets if Hayward doesn’t work out!

He's probably going to be bought out. And then join us on a vet min.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#2152 » by HiRez » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Another rumor about Myles Turner to the Warriors today. Wiseman would almost certainly be one piece but maybe they keep some draft picks? Or, Turner's salary is actually pretty close to Oubre's so maybe they could get him with an Oubre S&T and even keep Wiggins? This is actually the type of acquisition than makes a lot of sense to me if it can be pulled off, more than guys like Beal or Lillard, he's kind of giving you now a lot of what you hope Wiseman will in 2-3 years. And Turner would probably come at a lower cost than A-level stars. I also think it would be good to keep Oubre's mid-level salary slot active if possible, otherwise we have a bunch of tiny contracts and a bunch of humongous contracts that may hamper future moves.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#2153 » by Commodor » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:35 pm

HiRez wrote:Another rumor about Myles Turner to the Warriors today. Wiseman would almost certainly be one piece but maybe they keep some draft picks? Or, Turner's salary is actually pretty close to Oubre's so maybe they could get him with an Oubre S&T and even keep Wiggins? This is actually the type of acquisition than makes a lot of sense to me if it can be pulled off, more than guys like Beal or Lillard, he's kind of giving you now a lot of what you hope Wiseman will in 2-3 years. And Turner would probably come at a lower cost than A-level stars. I also think it would be good to keep Oubre's mid-level salary slot active if possible, otherwise we have a bunch of tiny contracts and a bunch of humongous contracts that may hamper future moves.

Saw this too.

I would love to get Turner in here. Can fit next to Draymond with his 3pt range and makes our defense elite again.

I think if we do make a deal it'll be for #7+salary. I just do not see why Indy would trade a C for a C so it feels like Wiseman may be excluded in favor of picks and guys like EP, Poole etc.

Then we can try and move Wiseman out for further depth or just let develop.
TB
General Manager

Post#2154 » by TB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:44 pm

I think the money would only work if Wiseman is included.

Wiseman + #7 salary size + Paschall for Turner would work financially.

A bit of a scary trade because Wiseman making a leap the way Turner did into year 2 would make it a total sell-low scenario. But there is no doubt that a lineup of Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Dray/Turner would be fantastic.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#2155 » by Mob Byers » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:41 pm

EP/Smiley/2022 1st (top 20 protected, turns into a second or something idk) for Daniel House

Am I sending too much to Houston? House is expiring so maybe take out the first. Not enough? He was a starter most of the games he did play. And that brings up another question, is House durable enough?

I feel like he'd be a good back up no matter what we do this offseason. Figure Houston would want to get something for him.
TB
General Manager

Post#2156 » by TB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:04 pm

Mob Byers wrote:EP/Smiley/2022 1st (top 20 protected, turns into a second or something idk) for Daniel House

Am I sending too much to Houston? House is expiring so maybe take out the first. Not enough? He was a starter most of the games he did play. And that brings up another question, is House durable enough?

I feel like he'd be a good back up no matter what we do this offseason. Figure Houston would want to get something for him.

I like this idea, but I don't think you'd need the 22 1st. And I think a player like House is probably the value EP gets, which is pretty solid. We could use a vet wing more, and they could probably use a flier on a rookie contract guy.

my reasons I'd exclude a protected 1st is:
1) you'd probably hope even a late first can get you at worst a backup rotation guy
2) seems like late 1sts can get a better vet at the deadline for a playoff push
3) i'd rather use Paschall and the 22nd to get into this years late 1st for a player like Bones Hyland
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#2157 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:12 pm

TB wrote:I think the money would only work if Wiseman is included.

A bit of a scary trade because Wiseman making a leap the way Turner did into year 2 would make it a total sell-low scenario. But there is no doubt that a lineup of Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Dray/Turner would be fantastic.

I would love this lineup.

Giving up the big "potential" in Wiseman is tough. But I would rather run out your lineup for the next three years then hoping Wiseman comes around.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#2158 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Giving up the big "potential" in Wiseman is tough. But I would rather run out your lineup for the next three years then hoping Wiseman comes around.

BTW

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Turner would be the best defensive team in league. No doubt.
TB
General Manager

Post#2159 » by TB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

BTW

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Turner would be the best defensive team in league. No doubt.

I could be just wishful thinking here, but I think that lineup might also make some of the better vets think of signing here for the minimum. Talking about guys like Batum, Rose, Otto, Gay, etc.... land 2 of those and now our bench is looking solid too.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#2160 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:27 pm

Draft picks are worth $0 in trades until a contract is signed, then can't be traded for 30 days. So this trade would involve some maneuvering. Or just include about another $3.5M as filler.

Return to Golden State Warriors