Teams Will Forfeit Game If They Have Non-Vaccinated Outbreak

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Teams Will Forfeit Game If They Have Non-Vaccinated Outbreak 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:26 pm

The NFL has sent a memo informing all teams that any regular season cancellations due to a COVID-19 spike from a given team\'s non-vaccinated players/staff will lead the team to forfeit the game. 

The players and staff will also lose a game check under this scenario.

No games were canceled lat year though several were postponed. 

Via Tom Pelissero/NFL Media

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Teams Will Forfeit Game If They Have Non-Vaccinated Outbreak 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:10 pm

As they should. This will put more pressure on teams to follow regulations and get their players vaccinated. Soon it will be part of contracts as well. COVID is a respiratory disease and pro athletes can have their careers shortened if they catch a bad case. Teams invest huge amounts of money in these players, the least they can do is be vaccinated. It protects their career longevity and the organization's investment in them.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#3 » by CanesHeatFins » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:24 pm

But if the vaccinated players get infected, no one looses a check. Ya I know bullying and discrimination when I see it. Forcing people to get that dangerous vaccine is reckless, but most of you don't give a rip, because you agree with what's being discriminated against. Discrimination is discrimination, either you're for it or against it. This vaccine war is showing everyone's true colors.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#4 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:34 pm

Officially boycotting this league. Not like it's fun to watch anyway. :lol:
Barcs
Veteran

Post#5 » by Barcs » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:46 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:But if the vaccinated players get infected, no one looses a check. Ya I know bullying and discrimination when I see it. Forcing people to get that dangerous vaccine is reckless, but most of you don't give a rip, because you agree with what's being discriminated against. Discrimination is discrimination, either you're for it or against it. This vaccine war is showing everyone's true colors.

Calling the vaccine "dangerous" is dishonest. It's far more dangerous to not get the vaccine, plus it's unfair to the health care workers that put in 12-15 hour days for a year and a half, risking everything, just to keep up with all the people sick and dying from covid. Now the hospital numbers are spiking again because idiots won't get vaccine and they are once again paying the price due to selfishness and stupidity. It's like rightists want to keep this pandemic going indefinitely and don't care who it affects.

If a vaccinated person gets infected, they have a 95% reduced chance of them being hospitalized and a very low chance of transmitting it to others. If a non vaccinated person gets infected they can have have long term effects. Not good for a career athlete or the organization that invested in him.

LMFAO @ bullying and discrimination. I love when rightists utter those words in complete hypocrisy, when they are the ones actually bullying people and costing people their lives by treating this pandemic like it never mattered.

You really think that a foreign country requiring a Polio vaccine to travel there is discriminating? If so you are severely delusional and have a mega victim complex. Can't blame you if you've been raised on that authoritarian rightist philosophy.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#6 » by Barcs » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:47 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:Officially boycotting this league. Not like it's fun to watch anyway. :lol:

Please do. That's less of a chance you infect others at games with your anti-vax BS attitude.
IkeDoIt
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#7 » by IkeDoIt » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:49 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:But if the vaccinated players get infected, no one looses a check. Ya I know bullying and discrimination when I see it. Forcing people to get that dangerous vaccine is reckless, but most of you don't give a rip, because you agree with what's being discriminated against. Discrimination is discrimination, either you're for it or against it. This vaccine war is showing everyone's true colors.

You get it!!! I’ve been saying the same thing but ppl brush it under the rug. Incentives FOR Vaccinated people are fine, but penalties AGAINST non-vaccinated people is a huge ass problem!! And the more vaccinated people there are, the more they’ll vote in favor of punishing and restricting non-vaxxed. It’s pure discrimination when the vaccine CLEARLY doesn’t prevent infection.

More NFL players are gonna feel like D. Hopkins about this

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion