Jalen Green To Only Work Out For Pistons, Rockets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jalen Green To Only Work Out For Pistons, Rockets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:29 pm

Jalen Green is currently planning on working out for only the Detroit Pistons and Houston Rockets.

The Pistons will draft first while the Rockets own the second overall pick.

While Cade Cunningham is the overwhelming favorite to be selected by the Pistons at No. 1, Green is under consideration.

Green played for the G League Ignite last season.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski, Jonathan Givony/ESPN

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Re: Jalen Green To Only Work Out For Pistons, Rockets 

Post#2 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Can't stand the ego on these AAU brats.

ONLY working out for 2 teams. Give me a break. Its a blessing to be drafted. If I was in this position Id work out for all 30 teams and PROVE that i'm the best player.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#3 » by gpoon » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:31 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Can't stand the ego on these AAU brats.

ONLY working out for 2 teams. Give me a break. Its a blessing to be drafted. If I was in this position Id work out for all 30 teams and PROVE that i'm the best player.

No you wouldn't... why would you risk getting injured? or risk lowering your draft stock by having a bad showing... If you've already proven yourself in the year leading up to the draft why do it again and take on that risk? But yes he should have worked out with at least the top 4 teams as he isn't even projected to go 2 unless rockets have made it clear to him they are going to select him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:43 pm

gpoon wrote:

No you wouldn't... why would you risk getting injured? or risk lowering your draft stock by having a bad showing... If you've already proven yourself in the year leading up to the draft why do it again and take on that risk? But yes he should have worked out with at least the top 4 teams as he isn't even projected to go 2 unless rockets have made it clear to him they are going to select him.

It was an exaggeration. But my point is why would you only pick the top 2? At the bare minimum the top 4 like you said, and likely at least 6-7 teams total as trades and stuff happen.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#5 » by gpoon » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:06 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
gpoon wrote:

It was an exaggeration. But my point is why would you only pick the top 2? At the bare minimum the top 4 like you said, and likely at least 6-7 teams total as trades and stuff happen.

Yeah I agree, it was a bad move on his part.
LogicalGM23
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#6 » by LogicalGM23 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 am

Odds are you didn't play varsity basketball, so you doing more than what Jalen Green + his representation is advising isn't farfetched either. Welcome to the business side of basketball.

Return to Wiretap Discussion