Warriors' Big 3 Pressuring Front Office To Make Big Trade With Bradley Beal On Radar

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Warriors' Big 3 Pressuring Front Office To Make Big Trade With Bradley Beal On Radar 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:31 am

Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson have made it clear to management of the Golden State Warriors that they want to focus on the pursuit of a championship and would like them to even consider using their two lottery picks on someone who can help immediately, sources tell The Athletic.

Bradley Beal is deemed the best player and best fit for the Warriors among the players who could potentially become available. 

Beal has so far held firm that he would like to remain with the Washington Wizards and has not requested a trade. Beal has two year at $71.8 million remaining on his deal, including a $37.3 million player option for 22-23.

While the Warriors would also be interested in Damian Lillard, multiple sources said the team doesn't suspect he would want to join their team.

Any deal for Beal would have to include Andrew Wiggins to make the salaries match.

Via Marcus Thompson II/The Athletic

Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Re: Warriors' Big 3 Pressuring Front Office To Make Big Trade With Bradley Beal On Radar 

Post#2 » by Salty1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:08 am

From a defensive stand point, I simply don't like it. I feel like this team should look at a bigger more versatile player imo.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Re: Warriors' Big 3 Pressuring Front Office To Make Big Trade With Bradley Beal On Radar 

Post#3 » by the_process » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:12 am

Wiseman, Wiggins, 7, and 14 is still short for Beal. Those picks aren’t that valuable. Gotta set your sights lower. Domantas Sabonis?

So while I’m sure Curry, Klay, and Dray want help to win again before they all retire… they may have to just do it on their own.
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#4 » by njknicks » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:41 am

Joe Lacob - GSW owner - infamously said that they were light years ahead of every team in the league.

Incredibly, while the Big 3 are hobbled, the Warriors still have an opportunity to add yet another prime time player to the mix.

Yes they maybe ahead of many teams in terms of championship recent pedigree, but their window to win is closing -- especially with ongoing injuries to Klay, Curry's age and Draymond's declining offense. Wiseman is still several years away from understanding the game, Wiggins does not fit well with the roster.

Wiggins / Wiseman / # 7 / #14 will that be enough to land Beal? Probably not.

Bucks gave up 4 picks, multiple players, pick swaps for Holiday -- a similar type of deal for Beal would be the starting point for negotiations.
nocomingnogoing
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#5 » by nocomingnogoing » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:59 am

What proof is there that beal is better than those assets.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,766

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:26 am

nocomingnogoing wrote:What proof is there that beal is better than those assets.

You're asking what 'proof' there is that two picks that haven't been made, a rookie who was shaky but promising, and a bad contract are better than a top-3 NBA scorer? You can't prove anything about something that doesn't exist, but in any case any 'proving' here needs to come from the other side--Washington doesn't have to trade Beal so GSW has to make the argument that this deal is good for them.
irish22022
Senior
And1: 517

Post#7 » by irish22022 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:52 am

the_process wrote:Wiseman, Wiggins, 7, and 14 is still short for Beal. Those picks aren’t that valuable. Gotta set your sights lower. Domantas Sabonis?

So while I’m sure Curry, Klay, and Dray want help to win again before they all retire… they may have to just do it on their own.

Sabonis is a great call, I'd do that
changv10
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by changv10 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:14 am

Maybe not Bradley Beal, but possibly

Pascal Siakam + Chris Boucher
for
Andrew Wiggins + James Wiseman + 7pick + 14pick.

Golden State had mentioned their interest in Siakam already. It would give Golden State a lot of versatility and the Raptors youth to build on.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#9 » by hyberx » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:28 am

the_process wrote:Wiseman, Wiggins, 7, and 14 is still short for Beal. Those picks aren’t that valuable. Gotta set your sights lower. Domantas Sabonis?

All that for Beal? No thanks. For someone like Giannis yeah, but my Ws don't need Beal and he won't help us at all. Scoring is not the problem once Klay comes back. Wiggins is not the same one 1.5 years ago, most teams would die for having him as their 3rd scoring option on top of his elite defense.

Yes it's true that it doesn't make sense to keep all of Wiseman, 7, and 14. This year is said to be one of the strongest draft and those pics are more valuable than usual. Wiseman has proved his potential even with that inconsistency. No way we are trading all that with Wiggins for someone who can score (not needed unless Klay can't play at 80% of his old self) but can't D up. There are so many options I trust Bob Myers can play all these assets right.

Sabonis sounds like a good target though, definitely worthy of a combination of those but not all.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#10 » by GunnerWRX » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:45 am

As a Warriors fan I pray the Wizards hold out. 28 yo undersized slashing scoring guards decline quickly after 30, and Beal is no Wade.

He will probably opt out then request $45m a season.

Add to the fact the cost to acquire him.

We will become small like the Harden-CP3-Gordon Rockets.

Ouch. Please don't let this happen.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#11 » by Topofthekey » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:07 am

hyberx wrote:

All that for Beal? No thanks. For someone like Giannis yeah, but my Ws don't need Beal and he won't help us at all. Scoring is not the problem once Klay comes back. Wiggins is not the same one 1.5 years ago, most teams would die for having him as their 3rd scoring option on top of his elite defense.

Yes it's true that it doesn't make sense to keep all of Wiseman, 7, and 14. This year is said to be one of the strongest draft and those pics are more valuable than usual. Wiseman has proved his potential even with that inconsistency. No way we are trading all that with Wiggins for someone who can score (not needed unless Klay can't play at 80% of his old self) but can't D up. There are so many options I trust Bob Myers can play all these assets right.

Sabonis sounds like a good target though, definitely worthy of a combination of those but not all.

Keep Wiggins

Make it Wiseman + filler + 7 + 14 for Sabonis

The main problem with that is, Wiseman has no value to the Pacers, because they still have Myles Turner and Goga Bitadze. Pacers are also trying to win now, so ideally they'd prefer a win now player rather than 7 and 14

So realistically, you're looking at a 3 team deal

Warriors: Sabonis
3rd team: Wiseman + 7 + 14
Pacers: ??
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#12 » by cheese318 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:35 am

That seems pretty fair for a player whos gonna be in basically a walk year since he is going to decline that player option and can bolt from WAS or any team that will possibly trade for him. They get a possible future piece in Wiseman who may become an all star level player but the jury is still out on him and could be a great landing spot to truly get the playing time needed to mature and grow his talent. Then they also get two top lottery picks for this upcoming draft. I think this is a home run for WAS. If they can flip Wiggins elsewhere for some more assets so they can start a legit rebuild and say move Russ to LAL. I think they need to pull this move off but maybe you are right and they should get more value but I just do not see what team would offer more than this for someone on a walk year
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#13 » by cheese318 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:40 am

irish22022 wrote:

Sabonis is a great call, I'd do that

I agree. I think Sabonis is a great idea for GSW. How much Center position does he play? I know with Turner in place he was playing a lot more at the PF position. For some reason I think IND would strongly consider making a big move for the future and may set back the clocks a bit with BRK/MIL in the race for the Eastern Conference for the next few years. Might as well take the next few years and build a roster and add assets for the future when you can become a contender
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#14 » by JN61 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:03 am

All I can think is them trading Green's sorry backside for Beal. Would be rather funny to see Green as powerhouse n. 1 option flexing his skills in his triple single skills.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#15 » by hyberx » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:04 am

Topofthekey wrote:
hyberx wrote:

Keep Wiggins

LOL yeah if the salary can work why not.

Sabonis, Draymond, Wiggins, Klay, Curry? You can find a better lineup than that with Wiggins being your 4th scoring option?
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#16 » by Topofthekey » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:16 am

hyberx wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
hyberx wrote:

Keep Wiggins

LOL yeah if the salary can work why not.

Sabonis, Draymond, Wiggins, Klay, Curry? You can find a better lineup than that with Wiggins being your 4th scoring option?

Matching salaries isn't the issue

Wiseman + fillers like Looney and Poole works for Sabonis
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#17 » by 23artest23 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:28 am

Myles Turner + Justin Holiday + Malcolm Brogdon for Wiggins + Wiseman + Poole + #7

This allows Indy to do the true rebuild it has needed without the losing that comes with rebuilding. This is the only way Pacers get to rebuild because the penny pinching owner won't allow it otherwise. For GS, this gives them 3 vets on reasonable deals that would fit in great with the GS timeline. Truly a win-win deal.
airjordanair
Senior
And1: 32

Post#18 » by airjordanair » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 am

changv10 wrote:Maybe not Bradley Beal, but possibly

Pascal Siakam + Chris Boucher
for
Andrew Wiggins + James Wiseman + 7pick + 14pick.

Golden State had mentioned their interest in Siakam already. It would give Golden State a lot of versatility and the Raptors youth to build on.

That’s way overs.
Badbobby
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#19 » by Badbobby » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 am

This is the core that won 73 games. Still got other talent on their roster. This big 3 needs another star in a league that just had the suns vs bucks in the finals? Jeez sounds a bit cowardly to me
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#20 » by jozef » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:48 pm

Copy 73-9 model. Trade Wiggins for Harrison Barnes. Bring veterans like Danny Green (backup for Klay) and Marc Gasol (Bogut role).

Return to Wiretap Discussion