ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1621 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:48 pm

miller31time wrote:Gotta wonder if he is vaccinated or not. Obviously, you can get COVID either way but the chances drop significantly.

I would guess no given that no story has come out that he got the vaccine like Chris Paul and comments made by his wife.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1622 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:49 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
payitforward wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Weather he's been vaccinated or not, you can get covid, carry it and pass it on. He tested positive **** gonna happen. In 1-2 years someone having covids not even gonna be worthy of a news cycle, let alone worthy of them missing time or being removed from a team for a long period of time....

What kind of a dumb-a$$ post is this, man?

If you're vaccinated you won't get Covid. & you don't have the faintest idea what Covid will mean in a year or so.

If you're a scientist, talk science. If you're an MD, talk medical/health issues. Otherwise, zip it -- & above all do your best not to mislead people.

If you're vaccinated, you can get COVID-19 but it's much rarer. The mRNA vaccines are above 90% efficacy.

And if you do get it, you will be asymptomatic most probably. Like Chris Paul was a couple weeks ago. He was able to pass protocol within a week. If Brad had just gotten his shots, we would have a similar situation here where USA Basketball would have waited for him to test negative.

But yes like 99% of the new infections and hospitalizations and deaths right now are amongst our unvaccinated population.

Yup see Chris Paul. Also there are new variants out there now like Delta.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1623 » by closg00 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:37 pm

Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1624 » by Kanyewest » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,785

Post#1625 » by CobraCommander » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:38 pm

Love Beal and I dont think the wiz gonna win MORE games without him, but when are they going to be ready to win WITH him?

All the real teams trying to prepare to win and there doesn’t seem to be a pathway to a ring in the next 3-5 years for wiz with Beal.

If Westbrook was 28...and Bryant was 4 inches taller and Rui was 2 years older...maybe...but they seem to be a team of misfits with a rookie coach...why should Beal stay ?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1626 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:54 pm

We will always love and respect Beal but let's just be done with it and trade him to another team already .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1627 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1628 » by dangermouse » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:01 am

I love Beal (obviously) and I wish he could win with us, but I think we need to move on from the Wall/Beal era and get a good package for him while we still can. That option will slip away by mid season.

Either we trade for Simmons and build around him, or with the Warriors for Wiseman, Wiggins, and all the picks they have this year and next. The wariors trade is the most realistic, and probably the best for a quick rebuild. If we are taking Wiseman we could even package Bryant for more picks, or move up.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1629 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:20 am

dangermouse wrote:I love Beal (obviously) and I wish he could win with us, but I think we need to move on from the Wall/Beal era and get a good package for him while we still can. That option will slip away by mid season.

Either we trade for Simmons and build around him, or with the Warriors for Wiseman, Wiggins, and all the picks they have this year and next. The wariors trade is the most realistic, and probably the best for a quick rebuild. If we are taking Wiseman we could even package Bryant for more picks, or move up.

I think those are reasonable possibilities - along with Cleveland (centered around Sexton) because Sexton and Garland are both small guards, and Cleveland wants to win now. Woj pretty much shot down Boston. New Orleans (centered around Ingram) might also be a possibility, because folks don't think Ingram and Zion mesh well - which I really don't understand.

I think any of those trades would necessitate trading Beal. If we trade with Philly, we need to get more than Simmons - given how far his trade value fell. I really don't want a trade with GS - their tradable assets are fool's gold.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#1630 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am

Read on Twitter
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#1631 » by badinage » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:20 pm

So here’s where we are, if I read the latest Fred Katz piece right:

Beal is undecided what he wants. It’s days before the draft, a big one for us. And he’s saying to his people that he may not have as much control as he thought he did (his choice for coach was Sam Cassell).

I mean … I love his heart and I love the way he invested in his game and improved every year, I love his character … but for real, as they say: F that.

I don’t want him to have control. I don’t want a Lebron or Giannis to have control — and he’s not either.

It’s time to go.

We need to get a haul.

I hope Tommy Shepp recognizes the moment. As he said of the Wall trade:

This isn’t show friends. It’s show business.

Be cold, Tommy Shepp. Be an assassin. Bring us back the goods.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1632 » by pcbothwel » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:33 pm

To me its not that hard. He either signs a 2+1 or 3+1 deal now and we agree that if things arent where he likes we will trade him next summer (Or even the deadline if we really fall apart)... Or he doesnt sign and we trade him now.

There is very little reason for Beal not to sign unless he REALLY wants out.
The nominal salary difference over the next 2-3 years is far outweighed by the risk of injury. And he has a great relationship with our FO, so I see no reason that if he asked out it would get combative.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#1633 » by 80sballboy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 833

Post#1634 » by 9 and 20 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:57 am

80sballboy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I watched that clip and I'm not sure I buy it. It's a lot of smoke right now, and the bar set by Beal seems higher than Tommy and the Wiz could realistically clear (let's be real, DC is not competing for a championship, unless we're talking about the championship of overpriced condos replacing actual neighborhoods).

Might as well pull be bandaid off before it gets too contentious and get Beal to an actual contender.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#1635 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:44 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1636 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:50 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yeah, he hasn't requested a trade, but he hasn't committed to staying. At this point - not sure how you keep him if he doesn't make that commitment.

Oh well, Tommy knows the facts better than I do. I hope he makes an intelligent decision.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#1637 » by nate33 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:05 am

Beal CAN'T commit to staying. You can't extend an existing contract until 2 years after it was last extended. He is not eligible for extension until October.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1638 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:12 am

nate33 wrote:Beal CAN'T commit to staying. You can't extend an existing contract until 2 years after it was last extended. He is not eligible for extension until October.
Also I think that's just word play to make sure no one trys to shaft us in negotions. Like he hasn't requested a trade so don't come in with this low ball bull ****. You want him poney up.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
ghsermon
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#1639 » by ghsermon » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:31 pm

It's funny to think about but I think Beal pretty much has the Wizards stuck in a conundrum where they can't build a winner but also can't rebuild. I almost feel like the Front Office expected Beal to demand a trade especially after the Westbrook trade. But because he hasn't and seemingly wants to stay the Front office can't justify to the fan base trading the guy when he doesn't want out. But at the same time you aren't building a championship contender around Beal. It's quite a quandry they are in. I guess enjoy Beal being a perrenial allstar and leading NBA scorer for the next 5-7 years.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#1640 » by nate33 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:00 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it seems really important:

Read on Twitter

Boston can no longer get anywhere close to max cap room next year. The best they can do, if they waive and stretch Horford, is about $25M in cap room. And that's not enough for Beal unless there is a Jalen Brown trade incorporated.

It's worth noting that Boston generated a $17.8M TPE in the Fournier transaction, so it looks like the Celtics are actually going to go ahead and operate above the luxury tax using the TPE, MLE and such to add to their existing roster.

With Boston off the table as a plausible destination, I'm much more confident about resigning Beal, even if he doesn't agree to an extension in October. I don't think he'll want to go play for Detroit, OKC or Charlotte while missing out on the 5th year that we can offer.

Return to Washington Wizards