ImageImageImageImage

What do we give to get Ben Simmons?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Re: What do we give to get Ben Simmons? 

Post#21 » by Last Guardian » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 pm

Do people really not want an elite playmaker on this team? These reactions are crazy. Ben would be the best Magic player in a long time.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#22 » by tiderulz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:25 pm

Last Guardian wrote:Do people really not want an elite playmaker on this team? These reactions are crazy. Ben would be the best Magic player in a long time.

a flawed, max deal player. If he couldnt win with the top center in the league, why would anyone expect him to win here?
Last Guardian
RealGM

Post#23 » by Last Guardian » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:52 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:Do people really not want an elite playmaker on this team? These reactions are crazy. Ben would be the best Magic player in a long time.

a flawed, max deal player. If he couldnt win with the top center in the league, why would anyone expect him to win here?

So a player has to win a championship to be worth anything? He's 25 and an elite playmaker. I understand if you just want to rebuild from the ground up, which is actually my preference as well. But if we wanted to start winning right away, getting an elite playmaker would be a good start. Who else could we get to be relevant again anyway?
Last Guardian
RealGM

Post#24 » by Last Guardian » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:It's kind a hilarous that people hate on Ben and want nothing to do with him, but like some Magic players who are like their wish-versions.

I think its the perception that we need shooting more than anything else, when it is actually playmaking that the Magic desperately need.

I mean people are talking up Kuminga because he has potential to "get a bucket", yet we had Evan who could get a bucket and shoot well and no one liked him lol.
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#25 » by davey_wavy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:31 pm

We don't want a young elite playmaker with limited jump shot ability... but we want Scottie Barnes? I don't get it.. Is it a money thing?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#26 » by tiderulz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:37 pm

davey_wavy wrote:We don't want a young elite playmaker with limited jump shot ability... but we want Scottie Barnes? I don't get it.. Is it a money thing?

$33, $35, $38 and $40+ million owed over the next 4 years is a lot of money for a limited offensive player
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 458

Post#27 » by dsg2003mach1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:38 pm

anything they want from 711. He gets rightfully called out for being awful on offense and then goes and hides. He's the #2 cupcake following Durant, only reason Durant holds #1 is using burned accounts to argue with teenagers
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#28 » by Xatticus » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:56 pm

davey_wavy wrote:We don't want a young elite playmaker with limited jump shot ability... but we want Scottie Barnes? I don't get it.. Is it a money thing?

No. It's a "they aren't giving him away" thing.

I don't know why we are discussing this. The entire reason that Philadelphia is entertaining moving him is because they want to get better. What do we have that makes them better than Simmons does? Which team has a greater need for draft picks at present? This entire thread makes no sense whatsoever.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#29 » by davey_wavy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:48 pm

Xatticus wrote:

No. It's a "they aren't giving him away" thing.

I don't know why we are discussing this. The entire reason that Philadelphia is entertaining moving him is because they want to get better. What do we have that makes them better than Simmons does? Which team has a greater need for draft picks at present? This entire thread makes no sense whatsoever.

The thread holds at least some subject matter, even if its a little. There's a fairly young all-star on the market and we need people. Why not discuss it?
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#30 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 pm

All star nods aside, I think we already have the better player of Philly's #1 picks.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#31 » by Skin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Flannerz wrote:Haven't we had enough players who can't shoot over the last 6/7 years? :)

Not stopping our interest in Barnes. Lol
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Cockers
Freshman
And1: 61

Post#32 » by Cockers » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Nothing!
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Post#33 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:16 pm

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#34 » by thelead » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:34 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:Nothing. We are not good trading partners.

Siakam and FVV are better players than Simmons.

OG might not have a bigger impact (yet), but he's far more versatile and fits any roster (you need to build your entire team around Simmons because his skill set is so limited).

#4 pick is way more valuable than Simmons.

That only leaves us with a Lowry S&T, Boucher, GTJ, Flynn, and our SRPs. No way Philly accepts a package consisting of that.

Sir, you are lost.
BlueBlazer
Sophomore
And1: 87

Post#35 » by BlueBlazer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:#4 pick is way more valuable than Simmons.

Because of his contract, yes. If he was still on his rookie deal I think I’d disagree.
“I thought our Director of Scouting was just another name for a tape measure.” - StanVanGandhi
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,604

Post#36 » by RookieStar » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:05 pm

OG might not have a bigger impact (yet), but he's far more versatile and fits any roster (you need to build your entire team around Simmons because his skill set is so limited).

That only leaves us with a Lowry S&T, Boucher, GTJ, Flynn, and our SRPs. No way Philly accepts a package consisting of that.

Ayooo bro. Raps forum is that away ------>
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Post#37 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:13 pm

RookieStar wrote:

:lol: Whoops. Was checking out the Magic, Cavs, OKC boards and forgot where I was. Carry on.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#38 » by RookieStar » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:17 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

:lol: Whoops. Was checking out the Magic, Cavs, OKC boards and forgot where I was. Carry on.

All good. Same as us.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#39 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Do people here think the 76ers beat the Bucks with Fultz playing in place of Simmons?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#40 » by RookieStar » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:00 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:Do people here think the 76ers beat the Bucks with Fultz playing in place of Simmons?

Nope. Becasue as much as we harp on Simmons, his defense is INSANE. He has the size and built to match up with GA. The only Easter Team with players that I can see that has the defensive repertoire that matches up with GA is probably Simmons, JI and JA. Every other big for me is too short/small or too slow. Siakam and Collins.. well GA already destroyed them so I didn't include them.

Return to Orlando Magic