ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mambomuziki
Freshman
And1: 19

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#1 » by Mambomuziki » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:00 am

Previous thread can be found here.

**Huge Trade Idea**
Trades Involves 4 Team. GSW, TOR, NYK, OKC.
GSW
**Sends;
E.P to NYK, Wiggins to TOR, J.Poole to TOR, J.Wiseman to TOR and 2021 #7
** Receives;
R.Hood from TOR- Salary dump, SGA from OKC, L.DORT from OKC,2021 #32 from NYK, 2021 #19 from NYK, 2023 2nd RD from NYK/Via DET.

Value to GS, We get below Lux Tux, create a $28.3M TPE. 4 Roster spots to fill. I am in no against keeping what we have, i think this gives us some flexibility to to add players a few mid value players and not lose so much future assets.

RAPTORS
**Sends;
2021 #4 to OKC,R. Hood to GSW, Siakam to OKC
**Receives;
Wiggins, J.Poole, J.Wiseman, GSW #7

OKC
**Sends;
SGA to GS, Dort to GSW, OKC #16 to NYK
**Receives;
Siakam from TOR, #4 from TOR, GSW #14

NYK
**Sends
2021 #19 to GS, 2021 #32 to GSW, 2023 2nd RD to GSW
**Receives;
E.p From HS, #16 from OKC
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#2 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:06 pm

IF a trade is done, I think it's Oubre, #7, #14 for Myles Turner
That allows Warriors to keep both Wiggins and Wiseman....
Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Turner is a PERFECT modern NBA roster.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#3 » by Commodor » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:43 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:IF a trade is done, I think it's Oubre, #7, #14 for Myles Turner

I’d love Turner here but seems a little over-paid for him. I’d rather keep 7 and move wiseman so we can address other needs (back up ball handler) with 7. We don’t need wiseman, looney and Turner
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#4 » by osx28 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Only issue is from my understanding we can't sign and trade oubre until next week and he needs to be on board with going to indiana, but technically you can't negotiate with free agents yet, so you can't really do a sign and trade before the draft.

Then if you do a sign and trade next week, that means we already drafted and indiana must like the players we chose.

Not saying it's impossible, but it sounds a bit complicated. I may be misunderstanding the rules though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Brick Layer
Junior
And1: 116

Post#5 » by Brick Layer » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:38 pm

osx28 wrote:

Only issue is from my understanding we can't sign and trade oubre until next week and he needs to be on board with going to indiana, but technically you can't negotiate with free agents yet, so you can't really do a sign and trade before the draft.

Then if you do a sign and trade next week, that means we already drafted and indiana must like the players we chose.

Not saying it's impossible, but it sounds a bit complicated. I may be misunderstanding the rules though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The other problem is signing and trading Oubre for Turner will cost the Warriors an additional $94,500,000 in salary and luxury tax.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#6 » by Chupchup » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:23 pm

Won't work... you can't sign and trade folks until Aug 6th. A la Bogdan scenario with the Bucks last year. Can't have FA discussion now.
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#7 » by tal57 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm

Brick Layer wrote:
osx28 wrote:

The other problem is signing and trading Oubre for Turner will cost the Warriors an additional $94,500,000 in salary and luxury tax.

Absolutely. Must include Wiggins in any trade for significant veteran, whether we like it or not. So if they go after Turner, Wiggins must be part of the deal. So they might as well expend the deal. Turner, TJ Warren and #13 for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, #14, maybe something else if that is not enough.
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#8 » by tal57 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:25 pm

tal57 wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:
osx28 wrote:

Absolutely. Must include Wiggins in any trade for significant veteran, whether we like it or not, strictly because of money. So if they go after Turner, Wiggins must be part of the deal. So they might as well expend the deal. Turner, TJ Warren and #13 for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, #14, maybe something else if that is not enough.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#9 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:26 pm

tal57 wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:
osx28 wrote:

Absolutely. Must include Wiggins in any trade for significant veteran, whether we like it or not. So if they go after Turner, Wiggins must be part of the deal. So they might as well expend the deal. Turner, TJ Warren and #13 for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, #14, maybe something else if that is not enough.

Sigh...reality sucks!

But...hey...I'm ready to donate 10$ to the Warriors! Who's with me!?
Chupchup
Junior

Post#10 » by Chupchup » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:26 pm

With that being said on Turner.

Turner, TJ Warren and #13 pick is available.

I wonder if the Warriors will try to jump in for Turner or TJ Warren.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#11 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:30 pm

Chupchup wrote:With that being said on Turner.

Turner, TJ Warren and #13 pick is available.

I wonder if the Warriors will try to jump in for Turner or TJ Warren.

Turner solves a crap load of problems for the Warriors...Less value in Indy because of Da'Bonis. I'm predicting Warriors get it on it today.

In the end I think it will come down to Warriors still loving Wiseman...or wanting to pick up Davion Mitchel...or other...and which they value more.

As much as I'd love to keep Wiggins (continuity, SF, talented, defensive presences) he is costly and Laycob would show he absolutely doesn't care about money if he keeps Wiggins AND Turner AND Wiseman.
Chupchup
Junior

Post#12 » by Chupchup » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:43 pm

It's almost 1 pm PST 4 PM EST... where are the trades ?????? :) :)
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#13 » by bballguy50 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:02 pm

If we got Turner without selling the farm, that alone would be a great offseason for me.

Wiggins/Wiseman/14 for Turner/Warren/13? Or some combination of picks on either side, just not 7 from us.
Brick Layer
Junior
And1: 116

Post#14 » by Brick Layer » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:10 pm

bballguy50 wrote:If we got Turner without selling the farm, that alone would be a great offseason for me.

Wiggins/Wiseman/14 for Turner/Warren/13? Or some combination of picks on either side, just not 7 from us.

Pacers will want Wiggins, Wiseman and especially 7 + 14 for Turner and Warren. Small market teams like Indy won't accept bloated contracts like Wiggins without serious compensation. The Warriors are better off considering other options.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#15 » by Mob Byers » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:18 pm

Brick Layer wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:If we got Turner without selling the farm, that alone would be a great offseason for me.

Pacers will want Wiggins, Wiseman and especially 7 + 14 for Turner and Warren. Small market teams like Indy won't accept bloated contracts like Wiggins without serious compensation. The Warriors are better off considering other options.

No, just no :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 349

Post#16 » by weekend_warrior » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:26 pm

I am not in favor of any Wiggins trades that don't bring back a better SF. I'd rather accept a stop gap solution at center than downgrading the wing position.

As far as Turner is concerned, he also didn't really improve in the last years. He's a defensive presence in the paint an can block shots, but that's really it. Not a passer, mediocre shooter, not a good rebounder.
I would consider it for Wiseman+Looney+filler, but that's really it.
osx28
Sophomore

Post#17 » by osx28 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:26 pm

Brick Layer wrote:

They should still make the call though, if they can get Warren, Turner and 13 without giving up Wiseman, that would be a huge win in my book.

Plus, Wiggins's contract isn't that bad anymore, just 2 years left, becomes an expiring after next season and they can package him with future picks from us and themselves to go after a big name.

I think Wiseman needs a few years to develop, like Jermain O'neal did back in the day. Playing behind Turner would give him that time while we can still try to win now. Then have turner be his backup if he really blossoms.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#18 » by Commodor » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:36 pm

Warriors rejected Ben Simmons for Wiggins, Wiseman, 7, 14, & 2 future 1sts.

Morey really just throwing anything he can imagine out there right now.
osx28
Sophomore

Post#19 » by osx28 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:39 pm

Commodor wrote:Warriors rejected Ben Simmons for Wiggins, Wiseman, 7, 14, & 2 future 1sts.

Funny thing is most of us would have done that 1 year ago. Now, he's lucky if Myers does it for Wiggins and the 2021 picks.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#20 » by lars_rosenberg » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:42 pm

Commodor wrote:Warriors rejected Ben Simmons for Wiggins, Wiseman, 7, 14, & 2 future 1sts.

Ridiculous request.
Wiggins + 7 and 14 would already be an overpay.
Add Wiseman and 2 future first?

Return to Golden State Warriors