ImageImageImageImageImage

2021 College Basketball / Draft THREAD

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Re: 2021 College Basketball / Draft THREAD 

Post#161 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:07 am

City of Trees wrote:Im not mad at the pick. I'm interested in rotations but Mitchell is a DOG.

F it man. Put you best players on the court. Commit to the smallest team in the NBA, we suck at defense anyways. I've lost hope we can trade Buddy. Call the Spurs and give them Marvin for free. Resign Holmes.

Holmes(34) / Queta (14)
Barnes (34) / Hield (8) / Woodard (6)
Haliburton (24) / Hield (24)
Fox (34) / Haliburton (10) / Wright (4)
Mitchell (28) / Wright (20)

Why the hell not. At least we can enjoy running, we are going to be awful.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,244

Post#162 » by blind prophet » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:12 am

Monte just said in his presser that Davion was BPA
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#163 » by City of Trees » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:16 am

blind prophet wrote:Monte just said in his presser that Davion was BPA
Yep and their BPA does not take current roster fit or need into consideration. Monte really believes Davion was BPA
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#164 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:44 am

City of Trees wrote:
Yep and their BPA does not take current roster fit or need into consideration. Monte really believes Davion was BPA

Im not mad at the philosophy assuming we take it for what it is.. Not at all. I personally didn't think we would draft Davion, even if Monte felt he was BPA. Its better than Vlade picking who wants to be here as well as fit.

Let them play together and if you cant make them fit trade from a position of authority.

Davion sounded a little dejected. Hopefully if all three guards are here this fall he comes with an open mind and isnt forcing himself out
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,244

Post#165 » by blind prophet » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:59 pm

Well let's hope Monte is right, we need more talent on the roster. We should probably assume we'll make some trades this off season as well.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#166 » by Silver Man » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Gotta assume Wagner and Giddey were our picks and then they went in front of us leading to the Mitchell pick. Would have rather taken Moody or Sengun but Mitchell is seemingly the most NBA ready player that remained in our push for the play-in game.

I do really like the Neemias Queta 2nd round pick though.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#167 » by rpa » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:37 pm

City of Trees wrote:

A pure BPA approach at 9 is just... it's dumbfounding. If the Kings had moved up to, say, #4 and they drafted Suggs? No complaints from me. In that top 5 you're targeting allstar/superstar level potential. You go BPA.

At #9 your target is "good starter". Drafting based on pure BPA is just plain stupid.

You know what makes it even dumber? That this was a guard heavy draft. You went pure BPA, in a guard heavy draft, with a team full of guards. That you went in knowing that not only was there a chance, but it was likely that you'd get another guard. I mean, wtf? And not only did you just draft a guard, you drafted the smallest player in the first round.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#168 » by City of Trees » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:51 am

Saw this on the NBA Draft board. Cade isn't anything close to 6'8. I feel catfished

ThatBoyNick wrote:Image

If Livers was measured 6'5.75 barefoot at the combined...

Bro... Cade's really 6'5 under that afro

That's crazy, he was listed at 6'8 225... Is actually 6'5 217

They really measured him at the top of that fro and listed it
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#169 » by sacking123 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:58 am

City of Trees wrote:Saw this on the NBA Draft board. Cade isn't anything close to 6'8. I feel catfished

ThatBoyNick wrote:Image

If Livers was measured 6'5.75 barefoot at the combined...

Bro... Cade's really 6'5 under that afro

That's crazy, he was listed at 6'8 225... Is actually 6'5 217

They really measured him at the top of that fro and listed it

Are teams not allowed to do their own measurements at workouts? Or do they have to go off the Combine measurements?
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#170 » by ThatBoyNick » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:21 am

simonbampfield wrote:Are teams not allowed to do their own measurements at workouts? Or do they have to go off the Combine measurements?

Teams can do their own, but it's totally unknown how they do it, or what they are listing for any given player. The teams know the player's real measurements, but we don't.

For example, the Rockets summer league squad copy and pasted Jalen Greens measurements from his G-League profile. Rockets website has the same height but the weight is different. Green is not 6'6.

The Pistons actually made and listed a new measurement for Cade, but, they listed everybody with shoes on, and seemed to copy and paste measurements for the rest of the team.

The Kings summer league have listed Mitchell at 6'2 despite his pre-draft measurement being 6'0 barefoot, and 6'1.25 with shoes. The Kings website lists Mitchell at 6'0.

The NBA made it official that we are supposed to list players barefoot a couple of years ago, but it's clear that's not happening everywhere. Even when the round of "updates" came, it seems like half the players just kept their in shoe heights (I'm not buying that half the league grew).

As of right now, measurements are a complete mess, and are all over there place, the only thing I'd trust is the draft combine shoe-less measurements, annoyingly, a lot of players skip it, mainly the top picks, and most of the international players.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#171 » by sacking123 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:Are teams not allowed to do their own measurements at workouts? Or do they have to go off the Combine measurements?

Teams can do their own, but it's totally unknown how they do it, or what they are listing for any given player. The teams know the player's real measurements, but we don't.

For example, the Rockets summer league squad copy and pasted Jalen Greens measurements from his G-League profile. Rockets website has the same height but the weight is different. Green is not 6'6.

The Pistons actually made and listed a new measurement for Cade, but, they listed everybody with shoes on, and seemed to copy and paste measurements for the rest of the team.

The Kings summer league have listed Mitchell at 6'2 despite his pre-draft measurement being 6'0 barefoot, and 6'1.25 with shoes. The Kings website lists Mitchell at 6'0.

The NBA made it official that we are supposed to list players barefoot a couple of years ago, but it's clear that's not happening everywhere. Even when the round of "updates" came, it seems like half the players just kept their in shoe heights (I'm not buying that half the league grew).

As of right now, measurements are a complete mess, and are all over there place, the only thing I'd trust is the draft combine shoe-less measurements, annoyingly, a lot of players skip it, mainly the top picks, and most of the international players.

Thanks for that.
For whatever reason I thought I had read something a long time ago that teams weren't allowed to.
And I knew the NBA said these measurements were a lot more accurate now, but seeing this doesn't fill you with confidence and it's obvious you know the subject well.
It's really not a hard thing to get right and with the league going smaller and smaller you would think it isn't that important.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings

Return to Sacramento Kings