ImageImageImage

Who remembers when Jonathan Givony was a poster on here?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Who remembers when Jonathan Givony was a poster on here? 

Post#1 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:03 pm

Or maybe it was at the other site that shut down and a bunch of us moved from?

JonG was a poster and started DraftExpress while he posted amongst us.
Does anyone remember that?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,028

Re: Who remembers when Jonathan Givony was a poster on here? 

Post#2 » by twix2500 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:51 pm

Yes he was a poster here. He asked me about joining him to make his website. But yeah JonG was a good dude that made a good living off his idea. Proud of him

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,809

Post#3 » by unowen85 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:38 pm

I remember. I think his name was cheezdoodle? And I think the other site was bskball.com. I also started off there before moving here.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 649

Post#4 » by CanesHeatFins » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:36 am

Ya, but I was just lurking back then. I was hesitant about starting over here after the Ira's message board was ridiculously taken down off of the Sun-Sentinel.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#5 » by heat4life » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:54 pm

CheezeDoodle indeed. He started DraftCity.com with another poster called Prerak. After a bad publication about a player, an agent threaten litigation. DraftCity ended as Prerak pulled out of the arrangement and JonG continued with his vision this time under DraftExpress. It became the largest draft information source on the web, even bigger than ESPN's Chad Ford (former basketballtalk.com draft publisher). Eventually ESPN signed JonG as a draft analyst.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#6 » by Wiltside » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 pm

heat4life wrote:CheezeDoodle indeed. He started DraftCity.com with another poster called Prerak. After a bad publication about a player, an agent threaten litigation. DraftCity ended as Prerak pulled out of the arrangement and JonG continued with his vision this time under DraftExpress. It became the largest draft information source on the web, even bigger than ESPN's Chad Ford (former basketballtalk.com draft publisher). Eventually ESPN signed JonG as a draft analyst.

Hell of a story, respect to him for seeing a niche there and developing a quality website. DraftExpress was brilliant, I loved that as a resource and am definitely bummed it's all ESPN paywall now...but don't blame him for cashing those cheques.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#7 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:17 pm

heat4life wrote:CheezeDoodle indeed. He started DraftCity.com with another poster called Prerak. After a bad publication about a player, an agent threaten litigation. DraftCity ended as Prerak pulled out of the arrangement and JonG continued with his vision this time under DraftExpress. It became the largest draft information source on the web, even bigger than ESPN's Chad Ford (former basketballtalk.com draft publisher). Eventually ESPN signed JonG as a draft analyst.

Yes. He then later changed his name to JonG because that’s how he went by at DraftExpress.

I think basketballtalk.com was the message board a lot of us came from. It had that annoying a-hole Knicks fan that would come in trolling all the time, John Mourning was his name.

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#8 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:22 pm

He was also one of the first guys to question Marciej Lampe fit in the NBA. I remember some saw him as a first round pick and there were folks on here that wanted him over Kaman and Wade.
Dude slipped into the second round and the Knicks thought they got the steal of the draft.

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#9 » by Wiltside » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:10 am

HEATVols865 wrote:He was also one of the first guys to question Marciej Lampe fit in the NBA. I remember some saw him as a first round pick and there were folks on here that wanted him over Kaman and Wade.
Dude slipped into the second round and the Knicks thought they got the steal of the draft.

I bought into the Lampe hype hard. Thought he was gonna be Dirk 2.0. I wanted us to take him at #5 :oops:

I remember being so confused as to why we drafted an undersized 2 when we had Eddie Jones on a big contract. This was at a time in the league where undersized 2's that weren't pure 1's were a death knell really.

TBF I was much less informed at that point in time and wasn't watching much college ball...but yeah, horrid take lol.

Mea culpa, DWade. Still love you long time.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#10 » by HEATVols865 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:25 pm

Wiltside wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:He was also one of the first guys to question Marciej Lampe fit in the NBA. I remember some saw him as a first round pick and there were folks on here that wanted him over Kaman and Wade.

I bought into the Lampe hype hard. Thought he was gonna be Dirk 2.0. I wanted us to take him at #5 :oops:

I remember being so confused as to why we drafted an undersized 2 when we had Eddie Jones on a big contract. This was at a time in the league where undersized 2's that weren't pure 1's were a death knell really.

TBF I was much less informed at that point in time and wasn't watching much college ball...but yeah, horrid take lol.

You weren’t alone. And there were people that up until 2005 still said we would have been better off with Kaman over Wade LOL

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#11 » by HIF » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 am

HEATVols865 wrote:Or maybe it was at the other site that shut down and a bunch of us moved from?

JonG was a poster and started DraftExpress while he posted amongst us.
Does anyone remember that?

Everyone who has been around a while remembers him here I should think.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,181

Post#12 » by BBallFreak » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:36 pm

I remember Cheez. He and I tried to get a group of players together to watch Heat-Nets playoffs at Schnellenberger's over in Plantation. We were the only ones who showed up. Lol! Had a good time, though. Drank, ate, and talked basketball the entire night.

Good dude.

Proud of him.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#13 » by Shootit » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Wiltside wrote:

Same. lol

Remember being pissed over the Raptors taking Bosh and Riley drafting some SG from Marquette.

This is why I rarely talk about the NBA draft. A blind squirrel is a better talent evaluator than me when it comes to basketball. :lol:
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,181

Post#14 » by BBallFreak » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Shootit wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Same. lol

Remember being pissed over the Raptors taking Bosh and Riley drafting some SG from Marquette.

This is why I rarely talk about the NBA draft. A blind squirrel is a better talent evaluator than me when it comes to basketball.
Hey dude. Right there with you. I remember trying to argue in favor of Bosh (because we really needed a big man) and against the Wade crowd by saying (and I'm ashamed to admit this) "Tony Delk once scored 53 points in a game. What's the difference between him and Wade?"

You live, you learn...
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#15 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:09 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
Shootit wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Same. lol

This is why I rarely talk about the NBA draft. A blind squirrel is a better talent evaluator than me when it comes to basketball.
Hey dude. Right there with you. I remember trying to argue in favor of Bosh (because we really needed a big man) and against the Wade crowd by saying (and I'm ashamed to admit this) "Tony Delk once scored 53 points in a game. What's the difference between him and Wade?"

You live, you learn...

A lot of us wanted Kaman bad too!

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Return to Miami Heat