ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RealGM
And1: 39,137

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#61 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:41 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Knew the Dragic study was coming out. That’s probably his topside with Beno Udrih his lower level.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#62 » by Triple C » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:46 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,775

Post#63 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 5:18 pm

2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Knew the Dragic study was coming out. That’s probably his topside with Beno Udrih his lower level.

I think that's the fair comp. Funny enough John Hollinger thinks he's like Udrih too. Maybe there's some Evan Fournier flashes too? I haven't really watched him at all but draft Journos say he doesn't really have that same first step or crafty handle of Dragic but in the highlights he looks pretty quick to me. He seems to use ball screens pretty well and could see him thriving with DHO's. I hope he comes for summer league cuz there's not a ton of video of him on youtube.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
RealGM

Post#64 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 5:24 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think that's the fair comp. Funny enough John Hollinger thinks he's like Udrih too. Maybe there's some Evan Fournier flashes too? I haven't really watched him at all but draft Journos say he doesn't really have that same first step or crafty handle of Dragic but in the highlights he looks pretty quick to me. He seems to use ball screens pretty well and could see him thriving with DHO's. I hope he comes for summer league cuz there's not a ton of video of him on youtube.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he shows up at Vegas SL, but yeah Udrih was my immediate comp for this guy.

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#65 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 5:29 pm

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#66 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 5:32 pm

2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
2010 wrote:

I would be pleasantly surprised if he shows up at Vegas SL, but yeah Udrih was my immediate comp for this guy.

we're collecting back up guards like beanie babies in 1998 :lol:
RealGM

Post#67 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 5:37 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

The allure of a Euro stash pick (Rokas), Vildoza’s non-guaranteed multi-year contract, trading out of the 19th for a future protected 1st, and acquiring another 2nd for trading back from 21st to 25th (in addition to our other draft capital) all spells out: T R A D E to me.

I don’t think they ever don the uniform when all is said and done.

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#68 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:21 pm

2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
2010 wrote:

The allure of a Euro stash pick (Rokas), Vildoza’s non-guaranteed multi-year contract, trading out of the 19th for a future protected 1st, and acquiring another 2nd for trading back from 21st to 25th (in addition to our other draft capital) all spells out: T R A D E to me.

I don’t think they ever don the uniform when all is said and done.

yep, they punted the picks with hopes of a star asking out soon. I'm still a little annoyed with the protections but as long as it's used in a trade idrc. I've got a little more hope of Roka's making the team than Vildoza. I could see him coming over next year and I'm not really sure whatever star we're chasing will ask out this winter. On the other hand, Vildoza has been awful during the Olympics. He couldn't even turn the corner on dude on the Spanish national team. There's no way he'll be able to pull it off the NBA. Maybe I'm over rating the Olympics but he didn't look like an NBA guy to me.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,040

Post#69 » by robillionaire » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:24 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

god help us if he ever comes here and sees this dumpster fire
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,943

Post#70 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:25 pm

If our plan works out, this guy will be the first rounder replacing all the picks we’re trading away in the future
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,286

Post#71 » by Jstock12 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 8:11 pm

2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
2010 wrote:

Jokubaitis is going to the summer league after all. He'll depart for Vegas in the middle of the week.
RealGM

Post#72 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 8:32 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

Jokubaitis is going to the summer league after all. He'll depart for Vegas in the middle of the week.

Good news! Looking forward to seeing him hoop out there. Also will be nice to see what the mental competitor in him looks like, going up agains these higher picks. Will he try to just fit in/blend in, or will be try to show out and prove himself? That’s one of the things I like to look for with these late 1st and 2nd rounders.

Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#73 » by Triple C » Sun Aug 1, 2021 9:04 pm

Official: he's coming for SL

Read on Twitter
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#74 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Aug 2, 2021 12:25 am

Summer league should be fun then.. I don't think IQ has a reason to be there but I expect Obi to be there. Our line up should look something like this:

McBride
Rokas
Grimes
Obi
Simms

I could see us doing pretty well.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,284

Post#75 » by Hes_On_Fire » Mon Aug 2, 2021 12:43 am

Our SL team will be fun. Some good upcoming Knickerbockers to look forward to. I’m kinda hyped to see this kid now that all these analysts have raved about him. It’s been years since there was a very good Lithuanian in the league. Maybe this is the guy.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#76 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Aug 2, 2021 2:34 am

It'll be cool to see him play in summer league just to get a taste of his game. I'm reminded jaramaz played for us in summer league (that kid could get up!) and never came over so doesn't necessarily mean anything. His game doesn't quite have the burst/ball handling dragic had, so I think the udrih comparison is probably more apt. He looks like a better finisher tho.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,837

Post#77 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Aug 2, 2021 5:12 am

3 to the dome!

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,430

Post#78 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 2, 2021 5:19 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

His dribble seems a little too high.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,430

Post#79 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 2, 2021 5:20 am

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rokas Pocus?
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,279

Post#80 » by RHODEY » Mon Aug 2, 2021 5:30 am

Jstock12 wrote:
2010 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

Return to New York Knicks