2021 Free Agency

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: 2021 Free Agency 

Post#21 » by City of Trees » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:21 pm

Mo just turned 28 in May so this deal will run until he's about to turn 30. Not bad.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:25 pm

I thought Moe was underwhelming here. Yeah 24% from 3...
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#23 » by City of Trees » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:29 pm

@RipPizzaGuy Mavs pursued Bobby Portis. My guess is they picked up WCS's option after they figured out Portis wasn't coming over.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#24 » by dozencousins » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:34 pm

A.Len back to Sac 2 year deal
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#25 » by codydaze » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:39 pm

Wonder where this leaves Holmes?

Read on Twitter
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#26 » by blind prophet » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:44 pm

Hopefully Moe and Len have non guarantees for next season.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#27 » by blind prophet » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:46 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:
dozencousins wrote:M.Harkless back to Sac 2 year deal

2/9 million is a steal for him as a bigger multi position guy. It’s also a prove it deal like Holmes came here on.

I like it.

I think we could pay 120% above the minimum for him without using some of the MLE. He's a minimum guy.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#28 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:52 pm

blind prophet wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:
dozencousins wrote:M.Harkless back to Sac 2 year deal

2/9 million is a steal for him as a bigger multi position guy. It’s also a prove it deal like Holmes came here on.

I like it.

I think we could pay 120% above the minimum for him without using some of the MLE. He's a minimum guy.

The bi annual exception starts at 3.7. I wouldn’t be surprised that’s where they fit him in.

Alex Len is good as far as I am concerned for size/Center depth. We need it and I’d rather have him with an ability to at least kind of stretch things than a Whiteside who is totally one dimensional.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#29 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Aug 2, 2021 11:57 pm

I'm still so frustrated by this offseason.

Len is better than Thompson, so I really hope Thompson deal is dead. Would be a shame if Holmes back to Sac is dead and these shmucks are the replacement plan.

Bagley/Buddy still on the roster.

Has not been a good week as a Kings fan. I'm not impressed. Reserve judgement, but my heart is preparing to see Holmes signed with Toronto for 3/45-48 million.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#30 » by blind prophet » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:01 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm still so frustrated by this offseason.

Len is better than Thompson, so I really hope Thompson deal is dead. Would be a shame if Holmes back to Sac is dead and these shmucks are the replacement plan.

Has not been a good week as a Kings fan. I'm not impressed. Reserve judgement, but my heart is preparing to see Holmes signed with Toronto for 3/45-48 million.

I certainly hope the TT part of the deal is hosed too.

But if the cost to keep Holmes is more than Monte wanted to pay, getting cheap bigs is better than overpaying someone else.

We've got a long way to go with the off season.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:04 am

Wait. You are the 2nd person I've heard day that trade could be dead.

What is going on?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#32 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:06 am

blind prophet wrote:

I certainly hope the TT part of the deal is hosed too.

But if the cost to keep Holmes is more than Monte wanted to pay, getting cheap bigs is better than overpaying someone else.

We've got a long way to go with the off season.

Like I said, if the plan is "make the playoffs" like we keep hearing, then you resign Holmes.

If the plan is to just continue gaining flexibility watching Holmes/Bogdan walk out the door, then dump Buddy and Barnes ASAP.

Don't trade for Tristan freaking Thompson. Let Queta, Metu, Jones get burn. Let Woodard get burn. Play the Kids.. This team doesn't compete right, and they sure as hell don't tank right.

Its sad how we are going to get lapped so quickly by the Rockets, OKC, Pistons, Cavs. All of these teams had much better rebuilds than we did.

Nothings going to change regardless of whose sitting in the GM seat. Idk why I keep convincing myself it will. It starts at the top with Vivek.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#33 » by BoogieTime » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:07 am

Oh hell yes to Len being back cheap

He's better than Thompson and was very good in his stint here. He shouldve been re-signed last offseason
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#34 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:08 am

City of Trees wrote:

What is going on?

Idk kinda confusing. I don't really understand but the report was it was on hold. Smitty and Woj both tweeted about it.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#35 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:08 am

City of Trees wrote:

What is going on?

The Thompson deal will get finalized tomorrow !
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#36 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:09 am

dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

What is going on?

From my understanding it legally cant get finalized until the 6th at this point.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#37 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:09 am

My friend in understand your frustration.

But you have to be patient and look realistically and objectively at what we have here.

This is a 31 win team. Nobody - who is a role player - is worth much money. Certainly not the kind of money that Richaun is looking for. His stats will drop in a better team and he will instantly become overpaid.

We cannot afford to further lock up cap on treadmill lotto level play. Monte is doing the right thing and as frustrated as we all are by the precious idiot owners and management, we have to give it a chance.

In today’s NBA, it has already been proven that you can fill in tough veteran bigs with great guard and wing play. That is the focus.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#38 » by BoogieTime » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:10 am

dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

What is going on?

Hopefully not. Hopefully Len is in Thompson's place, or else we have problems on the Holmes front
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#39 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:17 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Wait. You are the 2nd person I've heard day that trade could be dead.

What is going on?

From my understanding it legally cant get finalized until the 6th at this point.

That was the Kuzma deal if that was to happen not the Thompson deal
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#40 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:26 am

OGSactownballer wrote:

My friend in understand your frustration.

But you have to be patient and look realistically and objectively at what we have here.

This is a 31 win team. Nobody - who is a role player - is worth much money. Certainly not the kind of money that Richaun is looking for. His stats will drop in a better team and he will instantly become overpaid.

We cannot afford to further lock up cap on treadmill lotto level play. Monte is doing the right thing and as frustrated as we all are by the precious idiot owners and management, we have to give it a chance.

In today’s NBA, it has already been proven that you can fill in tough veteran bigs with great guard and wing play. That is the focus.

Id be fine with that if they had a plan.

Report was we could have moved Barnes for Nesmith + 1st (turned out to be #16, still top 20 even with Barnes)

Right now it seems like a chicken running around with his head cut off.

Publicly claiming we want to make the playoffs.

I get it, this team sucks with or without Holmes. But then lets just admit we aren't good enough to make the playoffs and dump Barnes/Buddy/Wright for any young players we can get.

Roll with

Bigs - Bagley, Metu, Jones, Queta
Wings - Woodard, Ramsey
Guards - Fox, Haliburton, Mitchell

Plus whatever we get from Barnes, Buddy, Wright.

But again, the team lacks direction. Haven't traded Barnes/Buddy/Bagley. Wright was moved for an older veteran worn down center. We signed Len/Harkless back. These aren't high upside guys. They are veterans that a team going for the playoffs tries to get.

I can't willingly support this.

Return to Sacramento Kings