City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: 2021 Free Agency 

Post#41 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:42 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm still so frustrated by this offseason.

Len is better than Thompson, so I really hope Thompson deal is dead. Would be a shame if Holmes back to Sac is dead and these shmucks are the replacement plan.

Bagley/Buddy still on the roster.

Has not been a good week as a Kings fan. I'm not impressed. Reserve judgement, but my heart is preparing to see Holmes signed with Toronto for 3/45-48 million.

My friend in understand your frustration.

But you have to be patient and look realistically and objectively at what we have here.

This is a 31 win team. Nobody - who is a role player - is worth much money. Certainly not the kind of money that Richaun is looking for. His stats will drop in a better team and he will instantly become overpaid.

We cannot afford to further lock up cap on treadmill lotto level play. Monte is doing the right thing and as frustrated as we all are by the precious idiot owners and management, we have to give it a chance.

In today’s NBA, it has already been proven that you can fill in tough veteran bigs with great guard and wing play. That is the focus.

Id be fine with that if they had a plan.

Report was we could have moved Barnes for Nesmith + 1st (turned out to be #16, still top 20 even with Barnes)

Right now it seems like a chicken running around with his head cut off.

Publicly claiming we want to make the playoffs.

I get it, this team sucks with or without Holmes. But then lets just admit we aren't good enough to make the playoffs and dump Barnes/Buddy/Wright for any young players we can get.

Roll with

Bigs - Bagley, Metu, Jones, Queta
Wings - Woodard, Ramsey
Guards - Fox, Haliburton, Mitchell

Plus whatever we get from Barnes, Buddy, Wright.

But again, the team lacks direction. Haven't traded Barnes/Buddy/Bagley. Wright was moved for an older veteran worn down center. We signed Len/Harkless back. These aren't high upside guys. They are veterans that a team going for the playoffs tries to get.

I can't willingly support this.

Damien Barling sited his "source" saying the Barnes to Boston was never true and completely false.

His source is pretty legit so I believe him.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#42 » by codydaze » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:42 am

Even if the Thompson deal does end up being official all we have to do is shed salary by moving Buddy or Bagley to free up money for Holmes. The TT deal is not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. He's an expiring that can be flipped too, not the end of the world at all.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#43 » by codydaze » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:44 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm still so frustrated by this offseason.

Len is better than Thompson, so I really hope Thompson deal is dead. Would be a shame if Holmes back to Sac is dead and these shmucks are the replacement plan.

Bagley/Buddy still on the roster.

Has not been a good week as a Kings fan. I'm not impressed. Reserve judgement, but my heart is preparing to see Holmes signed with Toronto for 3/45-48 million.

But you have to be patient and look realistically and objectively at what we have here.

This is a 31 win team. Nobody - who is a role player - is worth much money. Certainly not the kind of money that Richaun is looking for. His stats will drop in a better team and he will instantly become overpaid.

We cannot afford to further lock up cap on treadmill lotto level play. Monte is doing the right thing and as frustrated as we all are by the precious idiot owners and management, we have to give it a chance.

In today’s NBA, it has already been proven that you can fill in tough veteran bigs with great guard and wing play. That is the focus.

Report was we could have moved Barnes for Nesmith + 1st (turned out to be #16, still top 20 even with Barnes)

I get it, this team sucks with or without Holmes. But then lets just admit we aren't good enough to make the playoffs and dump Barnes/Buddy/Wright for any young players we can get.

Roll with

Wings - Woodard, Ramsey

But again, the team lacks direction. Haven't traded Barnes/Buddy/Bagley. Wright was moved for an older veteran worn down center. We signed Len/Harkless back. These aren't high upside guys. They are veterans that a team going for the playoffs tries to get.

I mean we had a deal for Buddy on the table before Washington swooped in with Russ. We're in the first week of the offseason, there's plenty of time to make moves.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#44 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:45 am

Delon is 29, Tristan is 30.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#45 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:03 am

codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:

Roll with

Wings - Woodard, Ramsey

I mean we had a deal for Buddy on the table before Washington swooped in with Russ. We're in the first week of the offseason, there's plenty of time to make moves.

Whose going to take Buddy? I just don't see it. Lakers don't care about salary so of course if we can find a way in a 3 way deal with whoever gets Schroder sure, but even that seems unlikely.

I just have a very bad feeling we walk into the season without any major changes. Once again "fighting for the playoffs" only to finish as the 11th-12th seed. WE will be here again next year having the same convo.

I've defended the team far too long. I've been an optimist when its damn near impossible. It takes a lot to get me to this point, I was in your shoes not long ago. "It will be okay, we still have time to do xyz move". Except nothing ever happens.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#46 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:16 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Roll with

Wings - Woodard, Ramsey

Whose going to take Buddy? I just don't see it. Lakers don't care about salary so of course if we can find a way in a 3 way deal with whoever gets Schroder sure, but even that seems unlikely.

I just have a very bad feeling we walk into the season without any major changes. Once again "fighting for the playoffs" only to finish as the 11th-12th seed. WE will be here again next year having the same convo.

I've defended the team far too long. I've been an optimist when its damn near impossible. It takes a lot to get me to this point, I was in your shoes not long ago. "It will be okay, we still have time to do xyz move". Except nothing ever happens.
I know you'll hate to hear this but it's a different front office. I also know historically that hasn't mattered but this time it could.

Cheers.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#47 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:25 am

City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
codydaze wrote:

I know you'll hate to hear this but it's a different front office. I also know historically that hasn't mattered but this time it could.

Cheers.

As I said earlier. Different front office, same story.

Starts at the top. This team will have a 30 year drought if Vivek remains the owner.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#48 » by BoogieTime » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:35 am

I still cant believe Marvin is still on this team. I dislike him on/off the floor. Want him gone, and have given up on him as a player.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#49 » by blind prophet » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:40 am

BoogieTime wrote:I still cant believe Marvin is still on this team. I dislike him on/off the floor. Want him gone, and have given up on him as a player.

Some of us tried to tell yall, we'd have to pay to get someone to take him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#50 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:55 am

blind prophet wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I still cant believe Marvin is still on this team. I dislike him on/off the floor. Want him gone, and have given up on him as a player.

Part of me thinks this is true.

Part of me thinks teams like OKC would take him for free (or even give small value) but Monte (Vivek) is too stubborn to pull the trigger.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#51 » by BoogieTime » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:10 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Part of me thinks this is true.

Part of me thinks teams like OKC would take him for free (or even give small value) but Monte (Vivek) is too stubborn to pull the trigger.

Might be true. Maybe the Holmes tweet of the hour glasses is telling the Kings to make a salary move now
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#52 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:22 am

I love Miami's Big 3 of Lowry, Butler, and Bam. That's tough. Championship DNA , toughness, grit, and hustle. Sheeesh
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#53 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:00 am

There are a LOT of signings out there that do it make sense in the big scheme.

Teams that are not even close to playoffs or contention grabbing up guys for a lot of money and no apparent place to play them.

I don’t get it really but I’m honestly glad to NOT see us throwing that kind of cash out when we aren’t there right now.

And that’s the thing. We aren’t there. And we don’t know if anyone is actually interested in the guys that WE as FANS want to see moved.

I have a sense that we just made a key move that will make more difference than anything. Hiring Doug as an assistant coach is a warning to Luke to perform early by coaching these guys up or be gone.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#54 » by kalenclayton » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:05 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#55 » by kalenclayton » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:06 am

We won. We won. Hey hey. We won.

The Holmes family stays in Sac. I am so freaking happy right now.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#56 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:07 am

What an awesome deal. We got Holmes with the early bird contract. I did not see that coming.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#57 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:12 am

City of Trees wrote:What an awesome deal. We got Holmes with the early bird contract. I did not see that coming.

I posted the bird rights hours ago . I guess you did not believe me . Lol

Great Signing
Great contract
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#58 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:15 am

Next up goodbye Bagley

Good riddance
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#59 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:15 am

kalenclayton wrote:We won. We won. Hey hey. We won.

The Holmes family stays in Sac. I am so freaking happy right now.
WELCOME BACK RICHAUN!

Monte still has time to turn this off-season around.

My next hope is that Tristan deal is dead.

Then move buddy/Bagley for anything not named buddy or Bagley.

Let's gooooo!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#60 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:16 am

City of Trees wrote:What an awesome deal. We got Holmes with the early bird contract. I did not see that coming.
I thought I read early bird max for him was 4/50?

Not sure how they got up to 55 but whatever this is awesome.

13.75/year for Holmes? I'll take that everyday of the week.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Sacramento Kings