2021 Free Agency

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: 2021 Free Agency 

Post#81 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:44 am

OGSactownballer wrote:Blazers paid Powell a lot. He is naturally best at SG.

Tells me that they already are near a deal to move CJ.

I was saying on the trade board that a CJ/Harris swap makes sense for both sides and works with a fairly equal exchange for need. That would kill Philly as a Buddy trade partner but I still want to go hard core for Siakam. I think he would fit seamlessly here for us.
I've looked at Philly's financials and I can't find any package is want to take back in exchange for Buddy.

Definitely need to be a 3 team trade.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#82 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:48 am

At this point I would dump Bagley for nothing if we can get him for Bagleys money or less !
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#83 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:49 am

Anyways

I am guessing our next transaction will be via trade unless we release someone 1st .
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#84 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:50 am

blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
We should have full MLE, think Len took the BAE
Assuming the Tristan deal is dead?

Holmes/Len/metu/jones/queta
Bagley/harkless
Barnes/buddy
Haliburton/delon/Ramsey
Fox/mitchell

I'm holding out hope we can make a move for siakam.

Bagley/buddy/ 2 1st round picks. This team wants to win? Show us.

Holmes/Len
Siakam/Harkless
Barnes/Woodard
Hali/Delon
Fox/mitchell

Can use MLE on an Otto porter if we don't think woodard is ready

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app

Let's say Lauri isn't offered much as a RFA, somewhere around Bagley's salary. Would you do a Bagley + draft incentive for him?

Sure why not. I wouldn't be thrilled, but its definitely an upgrade.

Didn't the Bulls have to renounce his rights to sign Lonzo? Wonder if they'd have the space to do that move and then still sign Lonzo + Caruso. They could use the depth.

Lauri can shoot, and at least plays 50 games a year. More than I can say for Bagley. He would be nice to help space the floor.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#85 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:50 am

City of Trees wrote:

I was saying on the trade board that a CJ/Harris swap makes sense for both sides and works with a fairly equal exchange for need. That would kill Philly as a Buddy trade partner but I still want to go hard core for Siakam. I think he would fit seamlessly here for us.
I've looked at Philly's financials and I can't find any package is want to take back in exchange for Buddy.

Buddy & Bagley for him . Let's Hope but if so we likely have to add to it .
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#86 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:52 am

Between the draft & todays signings . Kings defensive presence just got 1000 x better .

Defense leads to fast breaks , fast breaks lead to points , points leads to wins !!!!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#87 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:53 am

dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

I want Bagley/Buddy gone more than the next guy, but I don't want anything to do with Tobias. We can't afford to pay a guy like that 30-40 per year. No thank you.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#88 » by blind prophet » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:53 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Assuming the Tristan deal is dead?

Holmes/Len/metu/jones/queta
Bagley/harkless
Barnes/buddy
Haliburton/delon/Ramsey
Fox/mitchell

I'm holding out hope we can make a move for siakam.

Bagley/buddy/ 2 1st round picks. This team wants to win? Show us.

Holmes/Len
Siakam/Harkless
Barnes/Woodard
Hali/Delon
Fox/mitchell

Can use MLE on an Otto porter if we don't think woodard is ready

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app

Let's say Lauri isn't offered much as a RFA, somewhere around Bagley's salary. Would you do a Bagley + draft incentive for him?

Didn't the Bulls have to renounce his rights to sign Lonzo? Wonder if they'd have the space to do that move and then still sign Lonzo + Caruso. They could use the depth.

Lauri can shoot, and at least plays 50 games a year. More than I can say for Bagley. He would be nice to help space the floor.

Oh you're right, I'm not sure if the deal can be done now. I thought having a "platoon" sort of pf option for Walton for may be nice with Lauri, while long term we try to find a more pricey SF.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#89 » by rpa » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:54 am

dozencousins wrote:Next up goodbye Bagley

Good riddance

I don't like Bagley. He's a douche, his dad's a bigger douche, and he's not a good player.

But the Kings should still keep him. Hear me out...

There are 5 reasons the Kings should keep Bagley

#1: You're not going to get anything of value for him. If you want cap space for him (probably not since it's now useless) you'd have to pay to dump him.

#2: There's little downside in keeping him and some (granted it's infinitesimally small) upside.

#3: Salary matching. If you dump him for a comparable contract you can't trade them until December. With Bagley you can trade him anytime. That he's an expiring contract makes this easy as well.

#4: He's not blocking any other young player from getting time (sorry guys, Woodard, Queta, etc don't count here).

#5: There's one skillset of his that the Kings may actually be able to use. OK, really, hear me out here as I feel like our post-draft moves are pointing this direction...

There's a strong argument that (assuming Wright is traded) 4 of our top 6 players are guards. Not "wings". Guards. 3 of them are PGs. In the olden days this would mean the Kings would have 2 guard rotations and maybe go 3-guard for super short stretches of the game). This year: I think the Kings go heavy on a 3-guard lineup. I think they're even planning to do this right now.

But, you say, Buddy or Haliburton is undersized for the 3. Sure, they are... but the proliferation of 3&D wings has led to the average wing being unable to effectively take advantage of size mismatches on the offensive end. So having Buddy or Hali at the 3 really only hurts us in 1 area:

Rebounding.

Both are OK rebounders for SGs, but the size mismatch will really come to bare on the defensive glass. So unless you can get good rebounding out of your 4/5 you're going to get killed on the glass. Well, look at who the Kings just picked up post-draft: Len and (probably) Thompson. Both are top ~30 in the league in DRB% (as is Holmes). Bagley is right there with them as well.

Essentially keeping Bagley would give us another 4 to throw out there to help clean the glass and allow us to effectively play a 3-guard lineup.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#90 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:57 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I've looked at Philly's financials and I can't find any package is want to take back in exchange for Buddy.

I want Bagley/Buddy gone more than the next guy, but I don't want anything to do with Tobias. We can't afford to pay a guy like that 30-40 per year. No thank you.

I would rather have J.Collins for them but I would rather have Harris than both Buddy & Bags Imo
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#91 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:58 am

blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Oh you're right, I'm not sure if the deal can be done now. I thought having a "platoon" sort of pf option for Walton for may be nice with Lauri, while long term we try to find a more pricey SF.

Ya I think it makes sense. He has decent size but plays outside which is key. Even if we can't move Buddy in that scenario -

Holmes/Len
Lauri/Harkless
Barnes/Buddy
Haliburton/Wright
Fox/Mitchell

I honestly never saw what the rush was to move Wright. I like him. He has length and played defense. Id be fine watching this team, this is an above average bench. Definitely an upgrade to what we saw to start last year with CoJo - GRIII - Bjelica - Whiteside.

Our starting lineup was good last year. We just had a league worst bench.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#92 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:59 am

I'm beginning to see tweets saying Holmes salary is actually 4/$46M. Only reaches $55M if he's traded. Bro what!!!! Someone tell me I'm stupid and wrong.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#93 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:01 am

rpa wrote:
dozencousins wrote:Next up goodbye Bagley

Good riddance

I don't like Bagley. He's a douche, his dad's a bigger douche, and he's not a good player.

But the Kings should still keep him. Hear me out...

There are 5 reasons the Kings should keep Bagley

#1: You're not going to get anything of value for him. If you want cap space for him (probably not since it's now useless) you'd have to pay to dump him.

#2: There's little downside in keeping him and some (granted it's infinitesimally small) upside.

#3: Salary matching. If you dump him for a comparable contract you can't trade them until December. With Bagley you can trade him anytime. That he's an expiring contract makes this easy as well.

#4: He's not blocking any other young player from getting time (sorry guys, Woodard, Queta, etc don't count here).

#5: There's one skillset of his that the Kings may actually be able to use. OK, really, hear me out here as I feel like our post-draft moves are pointing this direction...

There's a strong argument that (assuming Wright is traded) 4 of our top 6 players are guards. Not "wings". Guards. 3 of them are PGs. In the olden days this would mean the Kings would have 2 guard rotations and maybe go 3-guard for super short stretches of the game). This year: I think the Kings go heavy on a 3-guard lineup. I think they're even planning to do this right now.

But, you say, Buddy or Haliburton is undersized for the 3. Sure, they are... but the proliferation of 3&D wings has led to the average wing being unable to effectively take advantage of size mismatches on the offensive end. So having Buddy or Hali at the 3 really only hurts us in 1 area:

Rebounding.

Both are OK rebounders for SGs, but the size mismatch will really come to bare on the defensive glass. So unless you can get good rebounding out of your 4/5 you're going to get killed on the glass. Well, look at who the Kings just picked up post-draft: Len and (probably) Thompson. Both are top ~30 in the league in DRB% (as is Holmes). Bagley is right there with them as well.

Essentially keeping Bagley would give us another 4 to throw out there to help clean the glass and allow us to effectively play a 3-guard lineup.

I 100% agree . I just do not want him on our team . I see he and Buddy both as Cancers for the team though Bags is worse .

Any players that do all things that those 2 idiots did throughout the season & before are losers and not team players .

So again I do not disagree with the philosophy . I just want them gone !
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#94 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:01 am

dozencousins wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
dozencousins wrote:

I would rather have J.Collins for them but I would rather have Harris than both Buddy & Bags Imo

I would rather have what Tobias brings on the court. But his salary is a killer.

3 more years

That's massive money for a guy like him. Id rather just put up the extra assets to get a guy like Siakam.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#95 » by dozencousins » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:02 am

Give me a 6 pack or even a bag of chips and you can have them .lol
rpa
RealGM

Post#96 » by rpa » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:19 am

City of Trees wrote:I'm beginning to see tweets saying Holmes salary is actually 4/$46M. Only reaches $55M if he's traded. Bro what!!!! Someone tell me I'm stupid and wrong.

A bit over 4/46 is the max the Kings could offer. The remaining money is part of a trade kicker. If the Kings keep him the full contract it ends up as 4/46.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#97 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:21 am

rpa wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I'm beginning to see tweets saying Holmes salary is actually 4/$46M. Only reaches $55M if he's traded. Bro what!!!! Someone tell me I'm stupid and wrong.

A bit over 4/46 is the max the Kings could offer. The remaining money is part of a trade kicker. If the Kings keep him the full contract it ends up as 4/46.

Ya I was surprised when I first saw the deal. I thought we were maxed on giving him 47-50 something in that range. Sounds like it was even less. Im thrilled.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#98 » by jeffjtk1234 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:26 am

Bags for Lauri is a trade you make.

I may be in the minority but I’d deal bags and buddy for Harris in a heartbeat. He’s overpaid but so is buddy and Harris is exactly what this team needs.

Sixers won’t do that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rpa
RealGM

Post#99 » by rpa » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:31 am

dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Buddy/Bagley for Harris probably gets the Kings to the playoffs, but really caps them going forward. He's basically a slightly better version of Barnes who makes nearly twice as much annually (2/$39m vs 3/$115m).

That swap doesn't do much for the Sixers either so it wouldn't just be those two. They'd likely want other assets (FRPs) to stack to try and get a Simmons/Lillard swap done.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#100 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:32 am

rpa wrote:

What a steal!

Return to Sacramento Kings