Re: Trade targets 

Post#221 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:53 am

He was projected as a mini Draymond so why not
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#222 » by stitches » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:44 pm

https://theathletic.com/2746229/2021/08/03/warriors-nba-free-agency-patty-mills/

Working against them is the financial climate and an owner who seems to have finally bumped his head against his financial ceiling. The Warriors may not use all of their available tools because they have a stiff repeater tax anchoring every dollar.

If Jazz forward Joe Ingles is indeed available for trade, sources say the Warriors do have interest — just no good way to get him. Ingles, approaching 34, fits the Warriors’ need for a veteran and another offensive playmaker. His passing would fit perfectly with the Warriors. He can run point forward and spot up off the ball, making him viable with the starters and the second unit. He’s got 45 playoff games under his belt. He shot a career-best 45.1 percent from 3 on a career-high 6.1 attempts per game — his third season at 44 percent or above. He’s also reputed for being a great guy and would add to the culture of the locker room.

But acquiring his $13 million expiring contract is difficult. The Warriors would have to send out $10.4 million in salary to make the deal work. The contracts of forwards Eric Paschall and Kevon Looney leave them about $3.4 million short. The Warriors would have to sign rookie Moses Moody, wait 30 days until he’s eligible to be traded, and then throw him in an offer with Paschall and Looney. That is quite a bit to offer up for Ingles, who could end up a one-year rental. The most viable option to get Ingles is to see where Oubre Jr. signs and try to convert it into a sign-and-trade. In that scenario, the Warriors would get a traded player exception in exchange for Oubre and they could use that exception to get Ingles, if he is available. But that’s adding $13 million (plus the repeater tax) to what is already the league’s highest payroll. Ingles is good, but is he good enough for Lacob to stomach the added cost? The Warriors could keep the TPE for potential use later, but the same question would come up.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 438

Post#223 » by bkohler » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:13 pm

I might be in the minority but I'd trade Joe for Moody/Looney/Paschall in a heartbeat.

I think Moody has tremendous upside and would be perfect next to Donovan when he eventually makes the switch to PG.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#224 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:21 pm

I think the minority would be anyone who won't be on board with that deal. 2 capable back up bigs plus a young prospect for an aging vet granted still effective?

Yeah for sure everyone will go with depth
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 438

Post#225 » by bkohler » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:24 pm

tugs wrote:I think the minority would be anyone who won't be on board with that deal. 2 capable back up bigs plus a young prospect for an aging vet granted still effective?

Yeah for sure everyone will go with depth

IDK - Joe pulls at people's emotions.

Also, I think the Rudy Gay signing increases the odds of us moving Ingles/Bogey.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Post#226 » by red4hf » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:01 pm

bkohler wrote:I might be in the minority but I'd trade Joe for Moody/Looney/Paschall in a heartbeat.

I think Moody has tremendous upside and would be perfect next to Donovan when he eventually makes the switch to PG.

I would too, but I can't see GS doing that.......
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Post#227 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:25 pm

Other than being Donovan Mitchell's buddy, why would we want Eric Paschall? We already have his brother from another mother in Jarrell Brantley.

I think the Jazz really need Ingles. If we are going to trade someone having a decent sized contract, it should be Bogey, IMO.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#228 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:30 pm

I love Joe and he does pull on the heart strings. But I would make that trade.

Moody projects to be the exact type of player Utah needs. 6’6” with a seven foot wingspan. Geesh.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#229 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:53 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:I love Joe and he does pull on the heart strings. But I would make that trade.

Moody projects to be the exact type of player Utah needs. 6’6” with a seven foot wingspan. Geesh.

Yep. sign me up in a second for that trade.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Post#230 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:58 pm

Jazz are in win now mode, otherwise they wouldn't have re-signed Conley and signed Gay. Giving up Ingles for the potential of a very young rookie is unlikely, I would think.

Brantely and Paschall are crazy similar in size and fit. While I like Looney, he is just a backup big, which they should be able to get on a vet min.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#231 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:03 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Jazz are in win now mode, otherwise they wouldn't have re-signed Conley and signed Gay. Giving up Ingles for the potential of a very young rookie is unlikely, I would think.

Brantely and Paschall are crazy similar in size and fit. While I like Looney, he is just a backup big, which they should be able to get on a vet min.
Being in win now mode is the stupidest thing that jazz could possibly do. They need a one year reset but we can rarely count on management to make the smart move.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#232 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:15 pm

We are in a three year window of a win now mode. A young wing player has to be acquired at some point. Better now (or last season) so he can acclimate to Utah.

IMO the Jazz get a high upside guy like Moody and still sign another wing/big vet.

These old guys do win games, but we can’t go into the playoffs with old guys who are tired. Let these you bloods get some playing time during the year. Sacrifice a few wins if that’s what it takes.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#233 » by Catchall » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:42 pm

I thought Lauri Markkanen on a sign-and-trade with Ingles would work. The Bulls just signed DeRozan, so I don't know if they're still looking for a wing. A third team might be needed.

And yeah, count me in for Moses Moody. Moody's floor is like a Stephen Jackson-type, 2-way wing. He has some star potential.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz