Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1981 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:43 pm

Any idea what we will do with JRE, Micic, and Krejci and how we might cross the salary floor?

Read on Twitter
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1982 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:48 pm

Go Sam, go for John Collins and everything is ok.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1983 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:54 pm

Dallas let go of Tyler Bey which is just... weird. We should go get him.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#1984 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:12 pm

Dn4sty wrote:I feel like offering Collins a gross offer sheet to mess with the Hawks is something OKC should seriously consider

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1985 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:50 pm

So many guys who you want to get minutes to develop... If we land Collins, what does our rotation look like next year? Bazley getting traded?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1986 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:01 pm

getrichordie wrote:So many guys who you want to get minutes to develop... If we land Collins, what does our rotation look like next year? Bazley getting traded?

I don’t think they would realistically offer Collins a max contract. If Bazley looks as bad as he did last year, I could see us moving him at the deadline but I doubt they give up on him now.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#1987 » by Dn4sty » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:02 pm

getrichordie wrote:So many guys who you want to get minutes to develop... If we land Collins, what does our rotation look like next year? Bazley getting traded?

The PR hit alone would force Hawks to match IMO.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1988 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:16 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

I don’t think they would realistically offer Collins a max contract. If Bazley looks as bad as he did last year, I could see us moving him at the deadline but I doubt they give up on him now.

I think they are getting ready to move Bazley barring significant progress shown. I've been saying that for a while now, too. The flashes are cool, but we need production now. Wouldn't surprise me if they try and move him now, but could also see him being dealt at the deadline.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1989 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:03 pm

Kendrick Nunn from Miami to the Lakers on a 2 year 10 Mio contract.
I have the feeling everyone signs with the Lakers. What the hell is going on? F...
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,070

Post#1990 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:06 pm

I'm glad I'm not a bulls fan. Massive overpays and Billy D...gonna be tough
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1991 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:07 pm

would want us to make some moves though :(
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1992 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:28 pm

From Katz’ article on the athletic…
Spoiler:
The 2023 first-rounder the Wizards owe OKC, meanwhile, makes the Thunder an even more obvious third team — or maybe fifth team, considering the way this is going — in a Dinwiddie deal. The only way Washington can trade its 2025 first-rounder is if it removes protections on its 2023 one, which Oklahoma City already owns. League rules say teams can’t remove protections on an already-traded draft pick without the removal being part of a larger deal that already includes both the team whose pick it is and the team that owns the pick. In this case, those two organizations reconnecting is intuitive.

There are endless iterations of how a trade could work with OKC. The Wizards could send Kuzma or someone else to Brooklyn, the Nets could dump DeAndre Jordan (whose two-year, $20 million contract is almost identical to Favors’) on the Thunder, the Thunder could send something tiny back to either team and Washington could remove its protections on the 2023 pick, guaranteeing Oklahoma City receives it in a couple of years. Maybe it would take more than that for a deal like this to appeal for the pick-obsessed Thunder.

ILet’s say they find a way to loop Dinwiddie into the Westbrook trade and give him that $19.5 million starting salary in 2021-22. They would climb about $4 million over the luxury tax line, where they are unlikely to stay. They could find a way to get out of it. Finding another team — yes, another team — to take Chandler Hutchison’s $4 million 2021-22 salary and a second-rounder, or something like that, would do it. It’s just another obstacle and while Sheppard and the front office have until the trade deadline to find their way out of the tax, that is typically easier to do sooner than later, particularly considering their lack of draft assets.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#1993 » by jake_swivel » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:34 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I'm glad I'm not a bulls fan. Massive overpays and Billy D...gonna be tough

If championships are the only barometer, sure. But if you have hated watching the team based on an ugly, less than mediocre product, this makes you want to pay attention. They’ve been painful to watch since before jimmy left. The DD contract doesn’t look good for their future, but I think big market teams have proven that if you have success, you can force through moves that other squads can’t to keep the wheels from falling off.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1994 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:41 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:From Katz’ article on the athletic…
Spoiler:
The 2023 first-rounder the Wizards owe OKC, meanwhile, makes the Thunder an even more obvious third team — or maybe fifth team, considering the way this is going — in a Dinwiddie deal. The only way Washington can trade its 2025 first-rounder is if it removes protections on its 2023 one, which Oklahoma City already owns. League rules say teams can’t remove protections on an already-traded draft pick without the removal being part of a larger deal that already includes both the team whose pick it is and the team that owns the pick. In this case, those two organizations reconnecting is intuitive.

There are endless iterations of how a trade could work with OKC. The Wizards could send Kuzma or someone else to Brooklyn, the Nets could dump DeAndre Jordan (whose two-year, $20 million contract is almost identical to Favors’) on the Thunder, the Thunder could send something tiny back to either team and Washington could remove its protections on the 2023 pick, guaranteeing Oklahoma City receives it in a couple of years. Maybe it would take more than that for a deal like this to appeal for the pick-obsessed Thunder.

ILet’s say they find a way to loop Dinwiddie into the Westbrook trade and give him that $19.5 million starting salary in 2021-22. They would climb about $4 million over the luxury tax line, where they are unlikely to stay. They could find a way to get out of it. Finding another team — yes, another team — to take Chandler Hutchison’s $4 million 2021-22 salary and a second-rounder, or something like that, would do it. It’s just another obstacle and while Sheppard and the front office have until the trade deadline to find their way out of the tax, that is typically easier to do sooner than later, particularly considering their lack of draft assets.

No way Washington is willing to unprotect that pick for Dinwiddie. They are likely gonna make the playoffs but that's still a pretty good pick and you never know (Dinwiddie coming back from a severe injury, Beal can miss a bit of time).

I would take the gamble and offer washington a couple of 2nds for them to unprotect that pick. Worst case scenario the pick gonna be 15-20
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1995 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:58 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I'm glad I'm not a bulls fan. Massive overpays and Billy D...gonna be tough

If championships are the only barometer, sure. But if you have hated watching the team based on an ugly, less than mediocre product, this makes you want to pay attention. They’ve been painful to watch since before jimmy left. The DD contract doesn’t look good for their future, but I think big market teams have proven that if you have success, you can force through moves that other squads can’t to keep the wheels from falling off.

I don’t love DD but he gets a lot of unfair hate. However being paired with Lavine and Vuc could be rough defensively.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1996 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:59 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:would want us to make some moves though :(

I don’t want to make moves just FOMO. There aren’t many needle moving moves left.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1997 » by spearsy23 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:25 pm

Still on Ntilikina Island. The mavs should give him a shot
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#1998 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:16 am

Read on Twitter

Now only left 2 teams with anything significant
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1999 » by getrichordie » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:51 am

I'm hearing more and more Markkanen talk. Any possibility of S&T stuff happening with Markkanen going to ATL and Collins coming to OKC? Also, any possibility of Bagley coming to OKC?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#2000 » by RiotPunch » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:57 am

getrichordie wrote:I'm hearing more and more Markkanen talk. Any possibility of S&T stuff happening with Markkanen going to ATL and Collins coming to OKC? Also, any possibility of Bagley coming to OKC?

What up!

What do you think will happen with Ty Jerome this offseason? Seems like he could have a tough time getting minutes. I'd love him on the Bucks, getting heavy minutes while Donte rehabs. TPE + 3 2nds is about the best we can offer, unless you would want to take a shot on a guy like Merrill or Diakite.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder