CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#561 » by CAE15 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:55 pm

D Rog wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:

Agreed, this is a situation where his huge contract makes people feel like he's not a good player. He's definitely not a max player, but he's good. This is exactly the type of player the Jazz will have to bring back to continue to build the roster. Someone with a flaw and Wiggins flaws are he's overpaid and didn't live up to his hype. There are worse flaws for a player to have.

I personally believe it’s lack of having a consistent coach.

Could the Jazz trade Ingles (resign Niang about $5M) and include the TPE from Favors? I think that would provide an amount that makes the salaries work for Wiggins. Not sure I am as interested in Oubre.
No. You can't combine TPE with players. Nor can I imagine Utah wants Wiggins big contract considering the luxury fees it would accrue
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#562 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:56 pm

D Rog wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:

Agreed, this is a situation where his huge contract makes people feel like he's not a good player. He's definitely not a max player, but he's good. This is exactly the type of player the Jazz will have to bring back to continue to build the roster. Someone with a flaw and Wiggins flaws are he's overpaid and didn't live up to his hype. There are worse flaws for a player to have.

Could the Jazz trade Ingles (resign Niang about $5M) and include the TPE from Favors? I think that would provide an amount that makes the salaries work for Wiggins. Not sure I am as interested in Oubre.

To use a TPE, the player contract has to be equal to or less than the TPE, to get Wiggins and Paschall it would require Bogey and Ingles.
Ingles is cooked.
JazzyPhinz
Starter
And1: 1,200

Post#563 » by JazzyPhinz » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:00 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Batum signed a two year deal with the Clips again for a substantial discount to what he is worth imo. I wish the Jazz could get a break like this just one time.

The LA Times speculated that Batum signed for $3.2 million for the coming season and has a player option on a second season. With Kawhi expected to miss most of the 2021-2022 season, you would think the Clips would not still be a destination for a talented vet to sign at a discount. The Clips could conceivably miss the playoffs in the talent-laden WC.

Batum is also still being paid by the Charlotte Hornets. I assume the payment from Charlotte has no bearing on how much another team can offer him, correct? Batum gets to double dip to whatever extent his new team is willing to pay him?

Ingles, O'neale and especially Clarkson are bargain deals.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 438

Post#564 » by bkohler » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:01 pm

D Rog wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:

Trade exceptions can't be combined with other things and I'm pretty sure S&T's can't be combined with other players as well. The only real option for Wiggins would be Ingles/Boget for Wiggins/Paschall/Moody
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#565 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:44 pm

The lakers have had one hell of a day adding Melo, Monk, Nunn and re-signing Horton Tucker. Then you have the blazers snagging Snell on the cheap. I just look around and see everyone else getting better next year and can't help but think we need to take a step back. I think as it stands now we are the 5th seed at best next year. I think we are clearly behind the warriors, lakers, suns and nugs.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#566 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:54 pm

sip wrote:The lakers have had one hell of a day adding Melo, Monk, Nunn and re-signing Horton Tucker. Then you have the blazers snagging Snell on the cheap. I just look around and see everyone else getting better next year and can't help but think we need to take a step back. I think as it stands now we are the 5th seed at best next year. I think we are clearly behind the warriors, lakers, suns and nugs.

Team Ensure is going to be tired or hurt by the playoffs. They remind me of the 04 Lakers but no prime Kobe or Shaq. Warriors were always going to be good depending on Klay. Suns and Nugs are the scary team.
Ingles is cooked.
sip
Rookie

Post#567 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:02 pm

GobertReport wrote:
sip wrote:The lakers have had one hell of a day adding Melo, Monk, Nunn and re-signing Horton Tucker. Then you have the blazers snagging Snell on the cheap. I just look around and see everyone else getting better next year and can't help but think we need to take a step back. I think as it stands now we are the 5th seed at best next year. I think we are clearly behind the warriors, lakers, suns and nugs.

Team Ensure is going to be tired or hurt by the playoffs. They remind me of the 04 Lakers but no prime Kobe or Shaq. Warriors were always going to be good depending on Klay. Suns and Nugs are the scary team.

The lakers will be just fine. They are becoming insanely deep.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#568 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:05 pm

sip wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

AGE, its real.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 771

Post#569 » by dr0welf » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:44 pm

Just wondering if the Staples Center has places to lock up those walkers when the Lakers players aren't using them.... damn they are old. But they probably have some major tricked out walkers....
D Rog
Junior
And1: 82

Post#570 » by D Rog » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:49 pm

GobertReport wrote:
sip wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

AGE, its real.

"Age, its real." That applies to Conley, Ingles, and Rudy Gay as well...
sip
Rookie

Post#571 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:09 pm

D Rog wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
sip wrote:

AGE, its real.

"Age, its real." That applies to Conley, Ingles, and Rudy Gay as well...
Yep. Plus they just signed 3 young guys in Monk, Nunn and THT. Look for them to sign a few more young prospects to round out the roster.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#572 » by tugs » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:52 pm

DeAndre Bembry is available
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#573 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:04 am

Why did we let Niang walk? His deal looks beyond reasonable. He is a dead eye shooter and got better defensively this year.
D Rog
Junior
And1: 82

Post#574 » by D Rog » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:09 am

Jazz sign Hassan Whiteside? Doesn't move my needle but I kinda get it... We can unload with a future 2nd round pick
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#575 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:47 am

D Rog wrote:Jazz sign Hassan Whiteside? Doesn't move my needle but I kinda get it... We can unload with a future 2nd round pick

Think jazz just got the second best shot blocker in the league. When Whiteside is on he's pretty darn good protecting the paint. I really like the Rudy Gay signing and think Conley was a huge part of bringing Gay in.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#576 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:24 am

Whiteside is a better defender than Favors. I like the move. Gay and Whiteside gives Quin flexibility to adjust as needed.
sip
Rookie

Post#577 » by sip » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:34 am

What a point less signing. We would have been much better off signing Frank Kaminsky or Mo Wagner. Now we have 3 centers that can't shoot from the outside.

CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#578 » by CAE15 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:35 am

Daddy 801 wrote:Whiteside is a better defender than Favors. I like the move. Gay and Whiteside gives Quin flexibility to adjust as needed.
Whiteside is a better shot blocker than Favors. He is not a better defender.
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#579 » by CAE15 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:36 am

sip wrote:What a point less signing. We would have been much better off signing Frank Kaminsky. Now we have 3 centers that can't shoot from the outside.

Whiteside does have a bit of mid range and this is why we signed Rudy Gay. He is our small ball center
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#580 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:39 am

I thought Hassan played pretty well when he started for Portland the 19-20 season. As their starter, he averaged 16.3 ppg on 11.1 fga with 14.2 rebs/game and 3.1 blocks per game in 31.3 mpg. He led the league in blocks that season and was second in total rebs to Rudy. I am hopeful that he can still play and the dysfunctional Kings just didn't get the best out of him. But yes, we still have three old fashioned big men.

Return to Utah Jazz