Post#21 » by stitches » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Re: Rudy gay to Utah 

Post#22 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:14 pm

Decent signing.

Still need to sign a young 6’7” or taller young player with lots of athleticism who is a good defender.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#23 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:40 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Decent signing.

Still need to sign a young 6’7” or taller young player with lots of athleticism who is a good defender.

Jarrell Brantley...
Ingles is cooked.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#24 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:49 pm

I guess I am the only one that doesn't like this signing. Yes he is an upgrade over Favors but he doesn't move well anymore and is a bad defender. If we wanted a stretch 4 that doesn't play defense then we could have gotten Jabari Parker for the minimum. I have a feeling next offseason he exercises his player option and it turns into a bad contract that we are forced to give up an asset to dump. I think you probably could have gotten the exact same production out of Ilyasova if you force feed him the same amount of minutes Gay received last year.
sip
Rookie

Post#25 » by sip » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:55 pm

Too bad Quin burned the bridge with Jeff Green because I would much rather have him over Gay.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#26 » by zero24gravity » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:34 pm

GobertReport wrote:

Jarrell Brantley...

I keep thinking this ....but I think it's nearly time to jump off the (mini)train. On the depth chart, he was behind everyone who suited up for the Jazz the last 2 years. Looking forward to Jazz summer league this year for him alone, in hopes something manifests. I remember him doing a great job on DeRozan and even Gay in the bubble ... thought it was his breakout ... then... nothing.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#27 » by zero24gravity » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:36 pm

sip wrote:I guess I am the only one that doesn't like this signing. Yes he is an upgrade over Favors but he doesn't move well anymore and is a bad defender. If we wanted a stretch 4 that doesn't play defense then we could have gotten Jabari Parker for the minimum. I have a feeling next offseason he exercises his player option and it turns into a bad contract that we are forced to give up an asset to dump. I think you probably could have gotten the exact same production out of Ilyasova if you force feed him the same amount of minutes Gay received last year.

Anytime I see Parker as an option, I automatically disagree.

Soooo ...no. :lol:

Gay is still far more defensively competent than Jabari, and isn't a total ball-stopper.

I do think the Jazz under-played Ily, though.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#28 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:38 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Jarrell Brantley...

I keep thinking this ....but I think it's nearly time to jump off the (mini)train. On the depth chart, he was behind everyone who suited up for the Jazz the last 2 years. Looking forward to Jazz summer league this year for him alone, in hopes something manifests. I remember him doing a great job on DeRozan and even Gay in the bubble ... thought it was his breakout ... then... nothing.

He was always 2 years from being a year away.
Ingles is cooked.
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Post#29 » by TO11 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:45 pm

I’m not really excited about the pick up either TBH. I don’t understand what he adds at all. Also the contract isn’t on “deal” by any means…

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 771

Post#30 » by dr0welf » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:49 pm

I think we have atleast 1 trade they are still working on. Zanic said on 1280 the zone a couple days ago that in we will see a lot of small moves but in "2 weeks" we should be able to look back and see the full picture. I like what they have done so far but overall it is still kinda meh... I don't think they put us in championship contention yet.
D Rog
Junior
And1: 82

Post#31 » by D Rog » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:11 am

Thinking about Rudy Gay to Utah reminds me of Jeff Green and Ed Davis to Utah... I am not comparing them, just hoping for better results but being realistic.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#32 » by dr0welf » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:26 am

D Rog wrote:Thinking about Rudy Gay to Utah reminds me of Jeff Green and Ed Davis to Utah... I am not comparing them, just hoping for better results but being realistic.

Rudy Gay is better then Green and Davis combined, but I get what you are saying. I also hope it works out. I think the JJ comparison was closer.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#33 » by tugs » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:30 am

What hasn't been discussed is Gay's contribution with his experience as a locker room guy. Haven't heard any issues when he was in Toronto, Sacramento, and Spurs. Feels like a pro's pro, especially coming off a multi-year stint with a Gregg Popovich. Hey could be Utah's version of a Vince Carter
sip
Rookie

Post#34 » by sip » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:42 am

dr0welf wrote:
D Rog wrote:Thinking about Rudy Gay to Utah reminds me of Jeff Green and Ed Davis to Utah... I am not comparing them, just hoping for better results but being realistic.

Rudy Gay is better then Green and Davis combined, but I get what you are saying. I also hope it works out. I think the JJ comparison was closer.
Jeff Green is definitely a better player than Rudy Gay at this point in there careers. I don't think it is really that close when you consider the defensive end of the court.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#35 » by dr0welf » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:51 am

sip wrote:
dr0welf wrote:

Jeff Green is definitely a better player than Rudy Gay at this point in there careers. I don't think it is really that close when you consider the defensive end of the court.

You think? I am not sold. I think Gay is better then Green by a mile and a half including the defensive side.
sip
Rookie

Post#36 » by sip » Wed Aug 4, 2021 1:08 am

dr0welf wrote:
sip wrote:
dr0welf wrote:

You think? I am not sold. I think Gay is better then Green by a mile and a half including the defensive side.
Did you actually watch Rudy play last year? The guy moves like a 35yr old who has torn his Achilles. He is not a good athlete anymore. Jeff Green is still am extremely fluid athlete at his age and defensively there is no comparison between the 2.

dr0welf
Analyst

Post#37 » by dr0welf » Wed Aug 4, 2021 1:11 am

sip wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
sip wrote:Jeff Green is definitely a better player than Rudy Gay at this point in there careers. I don't think it is really that close when you consider the defensive end of the court.

Did you actually watch Rudy play last year? The guy moves like a 35yr old who has torn his Achilles. He is not a good athlete anymore. Jeff Green is still am extremely fluid athlete at his age and defensively there is no comparison between the 2.

Gay is definitely slower then he used to be, but Jeff Green looks stiff to me everytime I watch him.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#38 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:52 am

sip wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
sip wrote:Jeff Green is definitely a better player than Rudy Gay at this point in there careers. I don't think it is really that close when you consider the defensive end of the court.

I did watch Rudy last year and seamed to play pretty good still and I was surprise. If he brings what I seen I think it's a upgrade over Niang spot up shooting. Niang who never guarded anyone while on the floor. But only time will tell if he has any gas left in the old tank.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#39 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:53 am

P.S Green isn't even the same level Rudy is.
sip
Rookie

Post#40 » by sip » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:29 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:P.S Green isn't even the same level Rudy is.
What does Rudy do better than Green? Rudy hasn't been a better player than Green since he tore his achilles.

Return to Utah Jazz