Play no perimeter defense.

Switch onto guys twice your size.
In Rizzo we trust
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1742 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 11:51 pm

Glad the dude got a job. I always thought he was better off as an assistant, imo he just doesn't have the X and O between the ears to win.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1743 » by Kanyewest » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:40 am

Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1744 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:28 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Read on Twitter
I was the biggest sato defender for a long time. He's a solid player and I'm glad he's doing well

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1745 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:26 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1746 » by closg00 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:28 pm

Sam Dekker back in the NBA and with the Raps, interesting move by them.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#1747 » by payitforward » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:59 pm

If he's learned to shoot the 3, he'll be a valuable pick up.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1748 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:09 am

Ish signed with Charlotte today. Two years -- team option on year 2.

Kieff signed with the Heat -- reportedly a 1-year veteran minimum deal.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1749 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 4, 2021 4:57 pm

Moe Wagner got a 2-year deal with the Magic. No details at this point.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1750 » by closg00 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:58 pm

payitforward wrote:Moe Wagner got a 2-year deal with the Magic. No details at this point.

Now they have the Wagner Bros
closg00
RealGM

Post#1751 » by closg00 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1752 » by doclinkin » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:29 pm

And speaking of former wizards: congratulations to Bob Dandridge, Chris Webber, Ben Wallace, Paul Pierce on the HOF inductions. I never saw Dandridge play, but each of the others was a favorite of mine when they were with the home team here. "I called game".
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#1753 » by tontoz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:12 am

doclinkin wrote:And speaking of former wizards: congratulations to Bob Dandridge, Chris Webber, Ben Wallace, Paul Pierce on the HOF inductions. I never saw Dandridge play, but each of the others was a favorite of mine when they were with the home team here. "I called game".

I remember Bobby D. Not the best athlete but good skills and IQ. You wanted to see him get the ball at the end of a tight game. Key player for our championship team
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1754 » by payitforward » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:57 am

The Rockets & John Wall are working on a trade. Unclear who they'll be able to move him to with that contract.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#1755 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:33 pm

payitforward wrote:The Rockets & John Wall are working on a trade. Unclear who they'll be able to move him to with that contract.

Yeah, he is Sham's tweet on it:

Read on Twitter

What an epic disaster. Sheppard got out of that contract just in time. Amazing that he managed to turn Wall and the #14 or so into KCP + Kuzma + Harrell + the #22 pick plus a 1-year rental of Westbrook. (Yeah, he may have squandered the #22, but that's a different discussion.)

Houston is going to have give up more than that to unload Wall. Frankly, I think he is immovable. Nobody will take that contract without picks, and Houston isn't in a position where they should give up picks. Better to just cut him. Best case scenario is a Kemba Walker situation where Wall accepts a buyout for, say, 85% of his remaining contract, and then signs someplace else. I don't know how that works with Wall's option year though. Can he effectively opt in now and then get two years at 85% of his salary? Or does he have to wait until the summer, then opt in, and then get bought out?
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1756 » by tontoz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:11 pm

nate33 wrote:
payitforward wrote:The Rockets & John Wall are working on a trade. Unclear who they'll be able to move him to with that contract.

Yeah, he is Sham's tweet on it:

Read on Twitter

What an epic disaster. Sheppard got out of that contract just in time. Amazing that he managed to turn Wall and the #14 or so into KCP + Kuzma + Harrell + the #22 pick plus a 1-year rental of Westbrook. (Yeah, he may have squandered the #22, but that's a different discussion.)

Houston is going to have give up more than that to unload Wall. Frankly, I think he is immovable. Nobody will take that contract without picks, and Houston isn't in a position where they should give up picks. Better to just cut him. Best case scenario is a Kemba Walker situation where Wall accepts a buyout for, say, 85% of his remaining contract, and then signs someplace else. I don't know how that works with Wall's option year though. Can he effectively opt in now and then get two years at 85% of his salary? Or does he have to wait until the summer, then opt in, and then get bought out?

I dont know but i doubt he can opt in and then take a pay cut. I don't think he can even opt in now. i think it is an after season thing.

I can't remember someone opting in before the season, or even during the season.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1757 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:57 pm

tontoz wrote:I dont know but i doubt he can opt in and then take a pay cut. I don't think he can even opt in now. i think it is an after season thing.

I can't remember someone opting in before the season, or even during the season.

Yeah, if that's the case, then he definitely won't be agreeing to any kind of buyout. As I understand it, he currently only has one year left on his deal, until he opts in for that final player option this summer.

So even if he agreed to a 100% buyout he would only be getting 100% of this year's money plus zero of next year's money. There's no way in hell he's agreeing to that. Which basically means he's either going to have to sit out a whole season and not get paid, or he'll have to show up and play.

And the only really bad contract out there that's even as close to being as bad as Wall's, is Kevin Love's. And Cleveland isn't going to trade for John Wall.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1758 » by tontoz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:06 pm

nate33 wrote:
tontoz wrote:I dont know but i doubt he can opt in and then take a pay cut. I don't think he can even opt in now. i think it is an after season thing.

Yeah, if that's the case, then he definitely won't be agreeing to any kind of buyout. As I understand it, he currently only has one year left on his deal, until he opts in for that final player option this summer.

So even if he agreed to a 100% buyout he would only be getting 100% of this year's money plus zero of next year's money. There's no way in hell he's agreeing to that. Which basically means he's either going to have to sit out a whole season and not get paid, or he'll have to show up and play.

And the only really bad contract out there that's even as close to being as bad as Wall's, is Kevin Love's. And Cleveland isn't going to trade for John Wall.

I checked it not long ago. His option is worth $47 million. :lol:

Props to Sheppard for unloading him, something I didn't think was possible.
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#1759 » by Eli Babak » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:38 pm

If Rockets want to buyout/waive Wall, of course they will have to pay the full salary (including that player option year) unless Wall and his agent tell them that "nah, we're nice people, we don't want that money, ~40M is enough to take care of family". I tried to read some CBA but it's such a mess that I gave up after a few minutes. :D Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Wall was my favorite player for years. What a shame how his career went downhill so fast. Maybe in another universe he's that hall of fame-level star player people dreamed of.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1760 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:53 pm

Eli Babak wrote:If Rockets want to buyout/waive Wall, of course they will have to pay the full salary (including that player option year) unless Wall and his agent tell them that "nah, we're nice people, we don't want that money, ~40M is enough to take care of family". I tried to read some CBA but it's such a mess that I gave up after a few minutes. :D Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Wall is owed $45M this year and has a player option for $47M next year. I could see Wall giving back 10-15% of the salary if it gave him the opportunity to play someplace else and sign a new contract to make that money back. That would mean he would agree to a buyout for, say, $80M ($39M this year and $41M next year). But where there's a problem is that I don't think that 2nd year technically exists until we get to next summer and he actually opts in. I don't think Houston can pay him anything more than $45M in a buyout right now because that is technically all that's left of his contract at the moment. You can't buy out a player for MORE than what his contract is worth.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Wall can opt in right now and make it formerly a 2-year deal, and then get those last two years 85% bought out Kemba Walker style.

Return to Washington Wizards