Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#2001 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:59 am

getrichordie wrote:I'm hearing more and more Markkanen talk. Any possibility of S&T stuff happening with Markkanen going to ATL and Collins coming to OKC? Also, any possibility of Bagley coming to OKC?

I don’t think Atl want to move off Collins .

Edit : Bagley I think will be moved eventually.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#2002 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:01 am

RiotPunch wrote:What up!

What do you think will happen with Ty Jerome this offseason? Seems like he could have a tough time getting minutes. I'd love him on the Bucks, getting heavy minutes while Donte rehabs. TPE + 3 2nds is about the best we can offer, unless you would want to take a shot on a guy like Merrill or Diakite.

I think we will wait until training camp at least . He may not have the minutes for us to keep him .

3 seconds sounds good if that’s the best offer and there’s no minutes.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#2003 » by getrichordie » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:26 am

RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:I'm hearing more and more Markkanen talk. Any possibility of S&T stuff happening with Markkanen going to ATL and Collins coming to OKC? Also, any possibility of Bagley coming to OKC?

What up!

What do you think will happen with Ty Jerome this offseason? Seems like he could have a tough time getting minutes. I'd love him on the Bucks, getting heavy minutes while Donte rehabs. TPE + 3 2nds is about the best we can offer, unless you would want to take a shot on a guy like Merrill or Diakite.

I love Ty Jerome — he's a controllable contract and high IQ player with a valuable skillset — and would hate to lose him, but I just don't know what the direction is. Maybe we rest Kemba A LOT or we do find a suitor for him (Philly?) and we can open up minutes for those guys. I think we have enough talent at the guard spot to go for a 3-guard lineup and find minutes for all of SGA, Maledon, Mann, and Jerome, assuming something happens with Kemba.

I'd want a future 1st, most likely.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#2004 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:50 am

getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

What up!

I love Ty Jerome — he's a controllable contract and high IQ player with a valuable skillset — and would hate to lose him, but I just don't know what the direction is. Maybe we rest Kemba A LOT or we do find a suitor for him (Philly?) and we can open up minutes for those guys. I think we have enough talent at the guard spot to go for a 3-guard lineup and find minutes for all of SGA, Maledon, Mann, and Jerome, assuming something happens with Kemba.

Don't think a team would offer a 1st for Jerome. I like him a lot but he's 24 already and his ceiling isn't that high.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#2005 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:12 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:What up!

Don't think a team would offer a 1st for Jerome. I like him a lot but he's 24 already and his ceiling isn't that high.

How high does a player's ceiling need to be for a late frp? If you are looking for a solid rotational piece, 24 isn't old at all. I think Jerome might be good enough to get a late frp but to do so will require giving minutes that might come at the expense of playing time of other guys. Get used to this problem for the next five years.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2006 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:24 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

How high does a player's ceiling need to be for a late frp? If you are looking for a solid rotational piece, 24 isn't old at all. I think Jerome might be good enough to get a late frp but to do so will require giving minutes that might come at the expense of playing time of other guys. Get used to this problem for the next five years.

he was the 24th pick in 2019 and he only played 64 games in NBA in two seasons with injury issues. He had a TERRIBLE first season and a pretty decent one in OKC playing with terrible players. You need at least another season of him shooting at 38%+ from three before a team would consider to give a late FRP for him.

I think he would be gone by now if you think he's worth a late FRP.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#2007 » by getrichordie » Wed Aug 4, 2021 1:24 pm

You might be right. He’s a player I’d rather deal at the deadline than now, though. He could really increase his market value with solid, healthy play.

On another note, GSW’s tax bill is astronomical. Wonder if we could leverage our cap space to get some picks or pick swaps… Was thinking we could take on Looney and Paschall and waive them… It would help us reach our salary floor.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#2008 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 4, 2021 1:57 pm

getrichordie wrote:You might be right. He’s a player I’d rather deal at the deadline than now, though. He could really increase his market value with solid, healthy play.

On another note, GSW’s tax bill is astronomical. Wonder if we could leverage our cap space to get some picks or pick swaps… Was thinking we could take on Looney and Paschall and waive them… It would help us reach our salary floor.

They probably will make their move closer at trade deadline . If Klay is anywhere close to his previous level I think they will most probably pay the luxury tax (and trade 14th and/or 15th man ) or whoever 3rd stringer that is expensive
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2009 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 4, 2021 1:57 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

he was the 24th pick in 2019 and he only played 64 games in NBA in two seasons with injury issues. He had a TERRIBLE first season and a pretty decent one in OKC playing with terrible players. You need at least another season of him shooting at 38%+ from three before a team would consider to give a late FRP for him.

I think he would be gone by now if you think he's worth a late FRP.

Maybe. He's not really an unknown though from a skillset point of view. He's clearly a high IQ shooter that has some athletic limitations. If he stays healthy, I can see a team having confidence to give a late FRP at the deadline. Shooters are getting a lot of value around the league right now.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#2010 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:01 pm

Read on Twitter

WHOA we finally bought someone out
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2011 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:02 pm

Wonder what the details are. Going to the knicks.

Also, can we all agree that Jake Fishcer is a hack?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2012 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:04 pm

Was happy about it but not sure anymore...Presti clearly didn't want to give up a pick
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2013 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:06 pm

I love Woj's press release comments that he adds nowadays.
Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2014 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:08 pm

Was happy about it but not sure anymore...Presti clearly didn't want to give up a pick
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#2015 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:08 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Wonder what the details are. Going to the knicks.

The Fischer stuff is funny because he's gotten all of OKC's stuff dead wrong, but got so many other team's stuff right with the draft/free agency rumors. Won't trust him when it comes to us at least.

Also I'm glad we aren't going to waste half a season racking up pointless wins because we're trying to rehab a vet's value, Sam definitely learned his lesson from that last year and what it cost us.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2016 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:08 pm

so presti paid 70 millions for two bad FRPs?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2017 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:10 pm

buy out of 74???
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#2018 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:12 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Wonder what the details are. Going to the knicks.

Waiting for a kemba trade still .

This is slanderous on jake’s reputation
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#2019 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:12 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Was happy about it but not sure anymore...Presti clearly didn't want to give up a pick

Honestly just consider it dead cap. We had experience of this before with singler
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#2020 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:13 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I love Woj's press release comments that he adds nowadays.
Read on Twitter

Sounds like part of it written by the Thunder PR team

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder