Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#641 » by RoundMound » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:26 am

Another Colangelo stiff!
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#642 » by Simmons25 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:54 am

So what's the deal... can we buy him out and create another roster spot?
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#643 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:06 am

Just waive him directly so he'll still get his full salary. We need a roster spot for someone who can actually get on the court.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#644 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Likely out for the year...

Anyone know the status of Shake's finger injury and when he's expected to return? He should be first in line to assume those minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
el_turco
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#645 » by el_turco » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Ok for me as a turkish guy, this is so unfortunate and almost heartbreaking.He is my favorite turkish player but that is the beginning of the end. I doubt highly that his career in the nba will resume next season. I think he is very close to europe now and will spend 1 or 2 years there and coming back maybe with 23/24.

I assumed he would either play partially for the 76ers or get waived and picked up as a free agent by another franchise. But this injury sucks and hurts all of these chances.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#646 » by LloydFree » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 pm

I guess this is Good news for Shake Milton. Now he has a chance to get his contract converted and make a few hundred thousand dollars if they choose to put him on the regular roster.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,815

Post#647 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:39 pm

el_turco wrote:Ok for me as a turkish guy, this is so unfortunate and almost heartbreaking.He is my favorite turkish player but that is the beginning of the end. I doubt highly that his career in the nba will resume next season. I think he is very close to europe now and will spend 1 or 2 years there and coming back maybe with 23/24.

I assumed he would either play partially for the 76ers or get waived and picked up as a free agent by another franchise. But this injury sucks and hurts all of these chances.

Yeah he didnt really show much this year. I would assume the best he gets is a non guaranteed training camp invite next year by some tanking team.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#648 » by the_process » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:48 pm

Korkmaz out for the year? Waive him and get someone else in here.
GozGoz
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#649 » by GozGoz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:44 pm

I just want to resurface this thread while my man playing well. And obviously every other player get their kudos from their welcome threads except Furkan.

Sent from my G501 using RealGM mobile app
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#650 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:02 pm

GozGoz wrote:I just want to resurface this thread while my man playing well. And obviously every other player get their kudos from their welcome threads except Furkan.

Welcome to the boards!
GozGoz
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#651 » by GozGoz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:06 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
GozGoz wrote:I just want to resurface this thread while my man playing well. And obviously every other player get their kudos from their welcome threads except Furkan.

Welcome to the boards!
Thank you. I was lurking around for long time
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#652 » by Winejk » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:27 pm

I know Korky has his supporters and detractors, but I am glad he is back for three more years. Honestly 3 years at $5 million a year is a great outcome for the Sixers. I thought Korkmaz would be in the $7-9 million per year range. At any rate if he takes a step forward or two, it is a tremendous contract (like Seth Curry's). If he doesn't and remains the same it isn't going to kill you. If he regresses, the contract can still be used in a trade.

We don't know if Danny Green will be back, but the rumors seem to be pointing to no. With Maxey, Shake, Korkmaz, Springer and Joe, I like the competition amongst the up and coming players and you have to think at least one will work out. I like Green, but maybe we need to open up some minutes for the young guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,132

Post#653 » by Arsenal » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:30 pm

Winejk wrote:I know Korky has his supporters and detractors, but I am glad he is back for three more years. Honestly 3 years at $5 million a year is a great outcome for the Sixers. I thought Korkmaz would be in the $7-9 million per year range. At any rate if he takes a step forward or two, it is a tremendous contract (like Seth Curry's). If he doesn't and remains the same it isn't going to kill you. If he regresses, the contract can still be used in a trade.

We don't know if Danny Green will be back, but the rumors seem to be pointing to no. With Maxey, Shake, Korkmaz, Springer and Joe, I like the competition amongst the up and coming players and you have to think at least one will work out. I like Green, but maybe we need to open up some minutes for the young guys.

It's a fantastic contract for us. Anyone saying differently needs to LEARN THE GAME.

If Ben is still here, then Kork needs to start in Green's spot. We NEED a guy there who will spam 3's with no conscience.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,508

Post#654 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:12 pm

[instagram] https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT1-0Sxl6Po/?utm_medium=copy_link[/instagram]

After all these videos from Paul Reed, Korkmaz and Maxey. I think we should build around these 3, play the modern game and trade these two obsolete bigs namely Embiid and Ben.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#655 » by Murray_17 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 pm

Arsenal wrote:
It's a fantastic contract for us. Anyone saying differently needs to LEARN THE GAME.

If Ben is still here, then Kork needs to start in Green's spot. We NEED a guy there who will spam 3's with no conscience.

Danny already does that.... In fact he averaged more 3's attempts per 36 than Korkmaz last year

76ciology wrote:[instagram] https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT1-0Sxl6Po/?utm_medium=copy_link[/instagram]

After all these videos from Paul Reed, Korkmaz and Maxey. I think we should build around these 3, play the modern game and trade these two obsolete bigs namely Embiid and Ben.

It's really the MVP runner up (who didn't win just because of games played) obsolete?? That's hot take
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#656 » by blargh » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm

76ciology wrote:[instagram] https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT1-0Sxl6Po/?utm_medium=copy_link[/instagram]

Is he plunging a toilet while driving to the rim? Impressive.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,508

Post#657 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:51 pm

Murray_17 wrote:

It's really the MVP runner up (who didn't win just because of games played) obsolete?? That's hot take

8-)

Paul Reed is a mix of Pascal Siakam and Dirk Nowitzki

Korkmaz is like a 6’7” Steph Curry

Maxey is CP3 2.0
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,431

Post#658 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:54 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Danny already does that.... In fact he averaged more 3's attempts per 36 than Korkmaz last year

Pretty sure you quoted a comment from a time when Danny was expected to go elsewhere.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#659 » by blargh » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:42 pm

76ciology wrote:
Paul Reed is a mix of Pascal Siakam and Dirk Nowitzki

Paul Reed is a mix of Paul Pierce and Willis Reed.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#660 » by Sixersftw » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:11 pm

I can't believe we are worrying about a bum like Simmons when we have someone infinitely better waiting in the wings. I love him.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably

Return to Philadelphia 76ers