OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#401 » by OscarH » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:51 pm

Wonder if a 3 team deal could work.

Sac get Siakim
Tor get Harris
Phi get Buddy and a 1st and matching salary in Bagley or TT.

Amick also said that Fox and Hali non starters in trade talks.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#402 » by City of Trees » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:38 am

OscarH wrote:Wonder if a 3 team deal could work.

Sac get Siakim
Tor get Harris

I think Philly would take Siakam and cut out Sacramento.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#403 » by Lost in LA » Wed Aug 4, 2021 1:11 am

Holmes staying, 4 years $55mm?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#404 » by City of Trees » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:33 am

Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb I got Dunn and Nunn crossed
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#405 » by OscarH » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:02 am

City of Trees wrote:

Sac get Siakim
Tor get Harris

Siakim don't feel like a good fit and basically same contract as Harris. Buddy at least gets more spacing around embid and gets books a little better looking.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#406 » by City of Trees » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:17 am

OscarH wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Sac get Siakim
Tor get Harris

Siakim don't feel like a good fit and basically same contract as Harris. Buddy at least gets more spacing around embid and gets books a little better looking.
Fit or not Siakam is the superior player. Take the talent.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#407 » by Silver Man » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:03 am

City of Trees wrote:
OscarH wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I think Philly would take Siakam and cut out Sacramento.

Especially with Mcnair always preaching he will take BPA.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#408 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:04 am

City of Trees wrote:

Sac get Siakim
Tor get Harris

Right.

And you think that Ujiti would send him to the best team in the conference so that he could be lambasted four times a year by the fans until he just resigns?

No way they send Siakam to PHI.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#409 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:04 am

City of Trees wrote:

Sac get Siakim
Tor get Harris

Right.

And you think that Ujiri would send him to the best team in the conference so that he could be lambasted four times a year by the fans until he just resigns?

No way they send Siakam to PHI.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#410 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 9:53 am

You guys are sour on bagels because of injuries but now you want to trade for Siakam who’s currently injured?

I guess Kings have to get off Hield’s contract but Toronto has big incentive to get off Siakam’s contract too.

So maybe giving up too much for Siakam wouldn’t be the smartest.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#411 » by Silver Man » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:34 pm

wco81 wrote:You guys are sour on bagels because of injuries but now you want to trade for Siakam who’s currently injured?

I guess Kings have to get off Hield’s contract but Toronto has big incentive to get off Siakam’s contract too.

So maybe giving up too much for Siakam wouldn’t be the smartest.

There's plenty of more reasons as to why we are off on Bagley than just the injuries. That's just one reason in a pile of many.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#412 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 4, 2021 4:07 pm

City of Trees wrote:
OscarH wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I think Philly would take Siakam and cut out Sacramento.

I don't know... Philly has been trying that for 3-4 years. Simmons - Richardson - Harris - Horford - Embid was once a thing. Since then they've moved towards fit around Embid. I dont think they'd have interest in Siakam.

That said, I don't see why Toronto would have any interest swapping superior Siakam for Tobias whose more expensive.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#413 » by codydaze » Wed Aug 4, 2021 4:55 pm

Amick reported we're interested in Siakam too so I definitely feel like it's real. I would love to get him for Buddy/Bagley and a first or two.

Fox/Hali/Barnes/Siakam/Holmes with Mitchell as a 6th man is a really nice lineup. I think that could be a competitive team in the West.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#414 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:23 pm

I'm hoping the offseason isn't over- Lets assume we can't meet Toronto asking price. What is the max we should pay to turn Buddy/Bagley into Thad? How about a pick swap + a bunch of 2nds? I heard the Spurs still have 30 million or so of space.

Lets say

1. Holmes deal is done
2. Buddy/Bagley/incentive for Thad
3. Sign Josh Hart for MLE

Holmes/Thompson/Len
Barnes/Thad
Hart/Harkless/Woodard
Haliburton/Davis/Ramsey
Fox/Mitchell

This is definitely a more defensive minded team. I'm really focused on Hart for our MLE. Hes an excellent rebounder which should help playing Barnes/Holmes up front. Thad would allow us to play small or shift Barnes to SF and play big.

Id love Siakam but if the asking price is Hali/Fox, I'm easily walking away. Plus we don't really struggle to score, we mostly need defense. Thad isn't the same level of player, but hes a world class defender.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#415 » by blind prophet » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:35 pm

If the Wright trade gets canceled, any SF in his salary range that anyone thinks we could get?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#416 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:22 pm

blind prophet wrote:If the Wright trade gets canceled, any SF in his salary range that anyone thinks we could get?

According to Jason Ham, that deal will be done by Friday.

In other news

He said the Holmes deal is still on, he hasn't gotten any indication there's anything to be worried about.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#417 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:26 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/kings/comments/oxmyi5/monte_gives_a_little_head_nod_when_fan_asks_to/

Did you guys see this? I won't read much into it. I certainly hope its not for Fox if he really is making a deal.

I've been extremely lower than the majority on Simmons. I imagine the deal is something like Buddy/Barnes/Picks which I wouldn't be thrilled with.

Fox - Hali - Simmons - Holmes

With whoever we can scrape together to round out the starting lineup?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#418 » by BoogieTime » Wed Aug 4, 2021 9:47 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/kings/comments/oxmyi5/monte_gives_a_little_head_nod_when_fan_asks_to/

Did you guys see this? I won't read much into it. I certainly hope its not for Fox if he really is making a deal.

I've been extremely lower than the majority on Simmons. I imagine the deal is something like Buddy/Barnes/Picks which I wouldn't be thrilled with.

The Sixers want a deal that ‘starts’ with Fox, so I think you’d understand how they would view that offer.

Buddy/Barnes/picks is barely positive

IMO Simmons value is equal to Fox because the Sixers are in a hard place and because of Simmons playoffs - before that Simmons had more value than Fox

Meaning if it’s not Fox it’s going to take a lot of assets that Philly likes.

Simmons doesn’t make sense with two ball heavy guards anyways

I wouldn’t read too much into that clip, looks like Monte is nodding his head prior to understanding the question, and I doubt he’d show his hand to a random fan in the stands
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#419 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:03 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/kings/comments/oxmyi5/monte_gives_a_little_head_nod_when_fan_asks_to/

The Sixers want a deal that ‘starts’ with Fox, so I think you’d understand how they would view that offer.

IMO Simmons value is equal to Fox because the Sixers are in a hard place and because of Simmons playoffs - before that Simmons had more value than Fox

I wouldn’t read too much into that clip, looks like Monte is nodding his head prior to understanding the question, and I doubt he’d show his hand to a random fan in the stands

I won't go in circles on this, because we've had this conversation a dozen times on this board. But if Monte trades Fox for Simmons then he won't last long in this job.

Simmons is broken. Can't shoot, afraid to even go up for a layup. His mental is fragile as hell, and it certainly won't get better coming to basketball hell.

Fox is the better player. Hes getting better every day. Simmons has been the same player 3 years in a row.

Philly can ask whatever they want for Simmons, its literally a running meme on the internet. Nobody is paying that price, so good luck to them if they want to run back the same team and waste another year of Embids prime.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#420 » by BoogieTime » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:16 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I won't go in circles on this, because we've had this conversation a dozen times on this board. But if Monte trades Fox for Simmons then he won't last long in this job.

Simmons is broken. Can't shoot, afraid to even go up for a layup. His mental is fragile as hell, and it certainly won't get better coming to basketball hell.

Fox is the better player. Hes getting better every day. Simmons has been the same player 3 years in a row.

Philly can ask whatever they want for Simmons, its literally a running meme on the internet. Nobody is paying that price, so good luck to them if they want to run back the same team and waste another year of Embids prime.

Do you see the second to last page of the Simmons trade thread in the t/t board? I think that reflects the average non biased position of Fox/Simmons worth, but perhaps we can start a thread there

If I start a poll with three options - Fox has more worth/same worth/Simmons has more worth, you think Fox has more worth would predominate?

Return to Sacramento Kings