ImageImageImage

Kendrick Nunn Appreciation Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,095

Kendrick Nunn Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Aug 4, 2021 9:31 pm

will be missed show him some love
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Re: Kendrick Nunn Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Aug 4, 2021 9:56 pm

Huge mistake letting him walk.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#3 » by contract » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:07 pm

Hopefully he earns himself a decent raise, because even I was surprised at how little he got. I'm not a huge fan, but he should be earning closer to $10 million per than $5 million per. There's no way that he's not a rotation quality player somewhere in the NBA.

That contract was just bizarre unless there's something that's not public about Nunn.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#4 » by Heat3 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:09 pm

He was an exciting player. I wish we would have kept him and giving him more consistent minutes. Good luck to him. Maybe he can get a big contract next year.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#5 » by Heat3 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:12 pm

contract wrote:Hopefully he earns himself a decent raise, because even I was surprised at how little he got. I'm not a huge fan, but he should be earning closer to $10 million per than $5 million per. There's no way that he's not a rotation quality player somewhere in the NBA.

That contract was just bizarre unless there's something that's not public about Nunn.

I heard on sports talk that because he was an UFA that other teams may not have wanted to give an offer because their money would be tied up and Miami could drag it out and still match. By the time the Heat rescinded the offer there weren't many options left (at least to his liking). So he is looking for a do over next year.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#6 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Aug 5, 2021 2:09 am

Miss you buddy
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#7 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Aug 5, 2021 10:30 am

Didn't love his playing style or skillset but kid outperformed every expectation, good for him. Can help a team for sure.

God speed black knight
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#8 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 1:05 pm

I've never seen a player go from severely underrated to severely overrated so quickly.

Anyways, will miss you Mr. Nunn. You had a hell of a story. Congrats on getting another contract, no matter the amount.

Hope you help the Lakers, but not too much
Read on Twitter
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 10,947

Post#9 » by SerialChiller » Thu Aug 5, 2021 7:06 pm

Nunn has a special place in my heart as a fan just because of his demeanor. Never seemed rattled, always calm, never celebrated obnoxiously. Had game too...
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,934

Post#10 » by dshearn » Thu Aug 5, 2021 10:55 pm

SerialChiller wrote:Nunn has a special place in my heart as a fan just because of his demeanor. Never seemed rattled, always calm, never celebrated obnoxiously. Had game too...

This

Nunn is very likable and just seems like a good dude. I wish him the best. Would have been a good keep.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#11 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:16 am

he started well but something happened and regressed ... good luck!!
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 10,947

Post#12 » by SerialChiller » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:28 am

eddieheatfan wrote:he started well but something happened and regressed ... good luck!!

Covid then Spo happened lol
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#13 » by DayofMourning » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:39 am

Dude was the poster boy for COVID. Was complete trash because of it. Then came back with a vengeance.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#14 » by Shootit » Fri Aug 6, 2021 12:20 pm

Was fun watching his rookie year and him being a contender for ROY early on.

Hope he does well moving on.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#15 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Sat Aug 7, 2021 8:38 am

I'll admit that I wasn't the biggest KNunn fan because I had some D-Waiters vibes with him initially, but this dude was a class act during his Miami tenure. He was chill af out there and just played period. Best of all, emerged out of nowhere to be a serviceable player.
:hug:
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,508

Post#16 » by AirP. » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:18 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Huge mistake letting him walk.

Overall all I'd say you're right. No matter what, LA got a PROVEN starter quality player for an incredible valued contract to allow them to do other things with their roster this or next year. What's bad to me is that Nunn looked like he was still improving as a player, he should have been a higher priority for Miami, especially if the price was anywhere near the LA contract price.

Although I still believe it was about not just staying out of the tax but limiting how much they went into the tax, I now believe there is an answer to what actually went on. Yes it was part Miami not wanting to go into the tax or at least limit how far into the tax but they also helped Nunn which helps their image with future FAs.

It's been reported Nunn was offered more money from other teams but maybe for the difference he wanted to go to LA for less but the LA money was near an amount he thought Miami may match(since they hadn't pulled his QO yet), so Nunn and his agent talks to Miami and tells them the situation, either let me go to LA or I'll sign a higher offer for a team I may not want to go to and in this situation Miami allowed Nunn to do what he wanted.

Personally I don't think Miami wanted to go into the tax this year so a situation came up where Miami still looks like the good guys when in fact they wanted to save money or possibly just didn't want the tax clock to start this season with all those massive contacts on the books already.
Read on Twitter
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#17 » by BBallFreak » Mon Aug 9, 2021 4:09 pm

Nice player. Happy for his redemption story. Good luck Kendrick Nunn.

Next man up...
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#18 » by contract » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:34 pm

AirP. wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Huge mistake letting him walk.

Overall all I'd say you're right. No matter what, LA got a PROVEN starter quality player for an incredible valued contract to allow them to do other things with their roster this or next year. What's bad to me is that Nunn looked like he was still improving as a player, he should have been a higher priority for Miami, especially if the price was anywhere near the LA contract price.

Although I still believe it was about not just staying out of the tax but limiting how much they went into the tax, I now believe there is an answer to what actually went on. Yes it was part Miami not wanting to go into the tax or at least limit how far into the tax but they also helped Nunn which helps their image with future FAs.

It's been reported Nunn was offered more money from other teams but maybe for the difference he wanted to go to LA for less but the LA money was near an amount he thought Miami may match(since they hadn't pulled his QO yet), so Nunn and his agent talks to Miami and tells them the situation, either let me go to LA or I'll sign a higher offer for a team I may not want to go to and in this situation Miami allowed Nunn to do what he wanted.

Personally I don't think Miami wanted to go into the tax this year so a situation came up where Miami still looks like the good guys when in fact they wanted to save money or possibly just didn't want the tax clock to start this season with all those massive contacts on the books already.
Read on Twitter

Nunn at that price should have been a keeper. I don't care about the tax.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#19 » by Wiltside » Mon Aug 9, 2021 11:31 pm

He was a great story, and continues to shine a light on the strength of our undrafted player program.

While I think it's clear I wasn't the biggest fan of his game, he had a strong bounce back year in 2020-21 after COVID really did a number on him in the lead up to the bubble.

For 2yrs and $10m, I'd have kept him around - I just wasn't willing to pay Waiters like money to him for long years.

Best of luck in LA, KNunn. Time to find our next undrafted gem.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,014

Post#20 » by DBurks2818 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:25 am

contract wrote:Nunn at that price should have been a keeper. I don't care about the tax.

I, too, like to spend other people's money. :lol:

J/k, I agree with you. :) He probably should've been kept at that price, at least to use as a trade chip during the season if nothing else. But maybe (probably) there's more to this story than we know.

Return to Miami Heat