Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Mavs Should Trade For Kevin Love 

Post#21 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:39 pm

Archx wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Love is done. Stay away from his corpse.

Honestly, he's injury prone and breaking down, yes, but he can still spot up, pass, and rebound a little.
Cavs might be willing to throw in a protected first round pick to get rid of him, but if the Mavs give them Dwight Powell in return, then they are getting a "bad" contract back too.

If the Mavs can get Sexton in the trade, then that's perfect, but ionno how they can possibly do that. They'd have to give up Brunson for sure, and prolly guys like Josh Green, Tyrell Terry, and Moses Brown too.

Do you even watch basketball? You can't be serious....This guy has not only injury problems but mental problems aswell. He's bad for the locker room and plays few games per year. And you want to pay him 30M per? Jesus man...

It's not my money, lol.

And part of that is because he's in Cleveland and wants out.

Injuries are a concern. I like that he has spoken out about mental health issues though.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,979

Post#22 » by Apz » Fri Aug 6, 2021 4:42 pm

Add 5 unprotected 1sts. Not eating his salary next 2 years without it. He is a player that is retired but still collects 30m/year for 2 more seasons. Are we tanking?
Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#23 » by Wisedude » Fri Aug 6, 2021 4:58 pm

K-Love Final game this past season I believe.......Kevin Love 30 Pts 14 Reb, 6 Threes Full Highlights vs Celtics | May 12, 2021

dirkdiggler4177
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,203

Post#24 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 6:40 pm

I could see some Sexton + Kevin Love for KP trade go down. Do the Cavs really wanna put big money into Sexton? They could be lucky and KP suddenly becomes a healthy first option and then they trade him to someone who wants him.

I don't believe this myself, but that's the only way I see Kevin Love ending up in Dallas.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Apz » Fri Aug 6, 2021 8:56 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:I could see some Sexton + Kevin Love for KP trade go down. Do the Cavs really wanna put big money into Sexton? They could be lucky and KP suddenly becomes a healthy first option and then they trade him to someone who wants him.

I don't believe this myself, but that's the only way I see Kevin Love ending up in Dallas.

Cant see that either. Sexton want to get payed. 30? Then u would have 100m bound up in luka, sexton that isnt very good fit with luka, and klove on the stands. Thats a killer for the future
dirkdiggler4177
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,203

Post#26 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 10:34 am

Apz wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:I could see some Sexton + Kevin Love for KP trade go down. Do the Cavs really wanna put big money into Sexton? They could be lucky and KP suddenly becomes a healthy first option and then they trade him to someone who wants him.

Cant see that either. Sexton want to get payed. 30? Then u would have 100m bound up in luka, sexton that isnt very good fit with luka, and klove on the stands. Thats a killer for the future

I see Sexton getting the max and the Cavs don't want to do that. I have not watched Sexton in-game, but my understanding is that he is a scoring guard that does not have to pound the ball to get buckets, but he does today because there is no one else with any talent in Cleaveland.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 11:14 am

Apz wrote:Add 5 unprotected 1sts. Not eating his salary next 2 years without it. He is a player that is retired but still collects 30m/year for 2 more seasons. Are we tanking?

lol, you might be able to get one first round pick out of the deal. Powell + Redick (if they Mavs even still have his rights) for KLove isn't bad at all. Powell's contract is for 2 years too and has hindered the Mavs ability to make moves a little.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 11:15 am

Wisedude wrote:K-Love Final game this past season I believe.......Kevin Love 30 Pts 14 Reb, 6 Threes Full Highlights vs Celtics | May 12, 2021

Yeah, he can still hoop. Just needs to get into a better shape and stay healthy.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 11:22 am

Apz wrote:

KLove would be an expiring contract next year though, which could help them acquire someone else.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Apz » Sat Aug 7, 2021 1:52 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
Apz wrote:Add 5 unprotected 1sts. Not eating his salary next 2 years without it. He is a player that is retired but still collects 30m/year for 2 more seasons. Are we tanking?

lol, you might be able to get one first round pick out of the deal. Powell + Redick (if they Mavs even still have his rights) for KLove isn't bad at all. Powell's contract is for 2 years too and has hindered the Mavs ability to make moves a little.

So exactly what are u saying? Powells contract is hindering us to make deals at 11m, but kloves wont at 30m? There is no logic. Powell can also play, klove cant. And yes, its bad. And an expiring got no real value, u need to have a buyer and usually take worse contracts then powells back.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 3:31 pm

Apz wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

So exactly what are u saying? Powells contract is hindering us to make deals at 11m, but kloves wont at 30m? There is no logic. Powell can also play, klove cant. And yes, its bad. And an expiring got no real value, u need to have a buyer and usually take worse contracts then powells back.

KLove can space the floor bro. Powell's cool, but he can't really do that and that hurts the Mavs at times.
Powell's contract has made it hard for the Mavs to move him for an upgrade. KLove would be that upgrade, especially since WCS can play Powell's role. KLove can play that role too, as we know he can post up and bang down low. It's just a matter of his health tbh.
But, of course, Powell had an achilles injury and has health concerns of his own.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Apz » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:49 pm

Lots of playrrs that can space the floor without being washed and cost 30 per year. And it doesnt matter if he can space the floor when he is done and cant defend...anything really. A waste of cap, a waste of a rosterspot. Just grab a rookie for the spot, more useful
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,782

Post#33 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 6:29 pm

Topic closed.

KLove is trash, nobody want him. At any price.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 7:07 pm

KhalilS wrote:Mavs are adding at least 45 million dollars in the summer of 2022, they will be luck to be below the 147 million which should be the 2nd level tax rate, and Cuban since 2011 hasn't spent and doesn't look like he's willing to, so every dollar counts, especially 30 million dollars on a guy who barely gets 5 in the open market.

That's a good point. Brunson should get a decent pay raise too.

But again, it's not my money. It does make me wonder what Cuban's overall budget is though.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#35 » by HMFFL » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Kevin Love will force himself to be the victim this season as usual.

Kevin Love, who is dealing with conditioning issues and a calf strain, could be in line for a diminished role for the Cavs this season.

Cleveland has been unable to move Love, who is still owed $60 million, and he was reportedly out of shape before withdrawing from Team USA this summer. Add in the fact that Cleveland now has Evan Mobley (No. 3 pick), Jarrett Allen and Larry Nance Jr., and Love could easily disappear this season. We're probably not touching him in fantasy leagues.

SOURCE: Hoopswire

Aug 12, 2021, 1:12 AM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,782

Post#36 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:14 pm

Only a fool could trade for Love, Larry Nance is a good target instead...
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:07 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Only a fool could trade for Love, Larry Nance is a good target instead...

Nance would be cool for sure.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:07 pm

HMFFL wrote:Kevin Love will force himself to be the victim this season as usual.

Kevin Love, who is dealing with conditioning issues and a calf strain, could be in line for a diminished role for the Cavs this season.

Cleveland has been unable to move Love, who is still owed $60 million, and he was reportedly out of shape before withdrawing from Team USA this summer. Add in the fact that Cleveland now has Evan Mobley (No. 3 pick), Jarrett Allen and Larry Nance Jr., and Love could easily disappear this season. We're probably not touching him in fantasy leagues.

SOURCE: Hoopswire

Aug 12, 2021, 1:12 AM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

RIP.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:27 pm

I wish Lauri could rebound like KLove
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:19 am

Whelp, there go Nance and Lauri, so maybe the Mavs can target Kevin Love now. :wink: :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks