Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#601 » by AingesBurner » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:11 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Ok, so I have been watching Exum play in the Olympics, and .... well, he's, 6'6", long, athletic, plays d, can be used in 3 positions, and still is only 26 years old. We all know his injury history and shooting issues, but has shot really well from 3 in the Olympics. Someone worth looking at for the minimum as deep bench guy, not a rotation regular? There are worse options for a team that could use a 3rd PG and wing defense. He gives both.

Let the destroying of the idea begin! lol

It’s worth looking at especially with Conleys injury issues and he really never had a mentor like Conley.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#602 » by AingesBurner » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:49 pm

Sam Merrill might be cut by Memphis, would be a good pick up as a future Joe replacement.
Ingles is cooked.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Post#603 » by red4hf » Sat Aug 7, 2021 12:02 am

sip wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:I read Markkanen wants out of Chicago. Trade target? A seven foot PF that can shoot the three and possibly be a weak side defender would be nice. Assuming he isn't hot garbage on defense.

He's not a good weak side defender....... I don't think there's anyone the Bulls would be interested in getting from the Jazz in a sign and trade......
The bulls want to win now this season so I think they would be very interested in Ingles or Bojan in a sign and trade. I would gladly do either trade for a 24yr old Markkanen.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

The Bulls has DeRozan, Lavine and Ball as their starters, in addition they have Williams as their 3/4 of the future....... Bojan or Ingles does not have anything near the value of a 24 year old, decent PF...... And the Jazz aren't trading more first round picks to make up the difference......
red4hf

Post#604 » by red4hf » Sat Aug 7, 2021 12:03 am

GobertReport wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:Ok, so I have been watching Exum play in the Olympics, and .... well, he's, 6'6", long, athletic, plays d, can be used in 3 positions, and still is only 26 years old. We all know his injury history and shooting issues, but has shot really well from 3 in the Olympics. Someone worth looking at for the minimum as deep bench guy, not a rotation regular? There are worse options for a team that could use a 3rd PG and wing defense. He gives both.

It’s worth looking at especially with Conleys injury issues and he really never had a mentor like Conley.

For the minimum, he'd be great.......
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#605 » by sip » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:34 am

red4hf wrote:
sip wrote:
red4hf wrote:
He's not a good weak side defender....... I don't think there's anyone the Bulls would be interested in getting from the Jazz in a sign and trade......
The bulls want to win now this season so I think they would be very interested in Ingles or Bojan in a sign and trade. I would gladly do either trade for a 24yr old Markkanen.

The Bulls has DeRozan, Lavine and Ball as their starters, in addition they have Williams as their 3/4 of the future....... Bojan or Ingles does not have anything near the value of a 24 year old, decent PF...... And the Jazz aren't trading more first round picks to make up the difference......
He doesn't want to be there so he either takes the qualifying offer as a 1yr rental or is traded. He isn't a 24yr old keeper for them. I think they would gladly take a year of Ingles or 2yrs of Bojan over a year with a disgruntled Markkanen. This bulls team wants to win now and Ingles or Bojan accomplish that.

bkohler
Rookie
And1: 438

Post#606 » by bkohler » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:36 am

I wonder if Exum or Quinn would enjoy this reunion? I’d personally love it.
red4hf

Post#607 » by red4hf » Sat Aug 7, 2021 10:28 am

sip wrote:
red4hf wrote:
sip wrote:The bulls want to win now this season so I think they would be very interested in Ingles or Bojan in a sign and trade. I would gladly do either trade for a 24yr old Markkanen.

He doesn't want to be there so he either takes the qualifying offer as a 1yr rental or is traded. He isn't a 24yr old keeper for them. I think they would gladly take a year of Ingles or 2yrs of Bojan over a year with a disgruntled Markkanen. This bulls team wants to win now and Ingles or Bojan accomplish that.

It doesn't matter if he wants to be there, the Bulls control what happens this year....... And no, they are not going to trade a
24-year old player for two 30 year olds without other compensation, which we don't have.......
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#608 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 12:58 pm

Yes I watched part of the Australia vs USA semi-final and Exum was looking good on defense. He was really getting after people and he was the only regular Australian rotation player with a positive plus minus. He also hit his shots. I'd take him for the minimum in a heartbeat as someone who can come in and get after people on defense and keep moving the ball, but I suspect he gets more than the minimum. In addition, I doubt either Quin or Exum are interested in a reunion. Hope I am wrong.

Exum's Olympic profile and stats
http://www.fiba.basketball/olympics/men/2020/player/Dante-Exum

Boxscore for the Boomer's bronze medal winning game vs Doncic's Slovenia
http://www.fiba.basketball/olympics/men/2020/game/0708/Slovenia-Australia#tab=boxscore

Congratulations to the Boomers for finally winning an Olympic medal!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#609 » by tugs » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:35 pm

Caleb Martin waived. Young, solid defender
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#610 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:54 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:

Yes I watched part of the Australia vs USA semi-final and Exum was looking good on defense. He was really getting after people and he was the only regular Australian rotation player with a positive plus minus. He also hit his shots. I'd take him for the minimum in a heartbeat as someone who can come in and get after people on defense and keep moving the ball, but I suspect he gets more than the minimum. In addition, I doubt either Quin or Exum are interested in a reunion. Hope I am wrong.

http://www.fiba.basketball/olympics/men/2020/game/0708/Slovenia-Australia#tab=boxscore

Ex has way to many T.Os
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#611 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 2:10 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:

Ex has way to many T.Os

I didn't notice that he had 5 tovs against Nigeria and 4 against Italy. Yeah, that is a lot. But I think it was his first real game action since early January. And he only played 6 games during 20-21 season. He then had 0 tovs against Germany, 1 against USA in semi final, and 2 in the battle for bronze against Slovenia.

I don't know why I am talking about him though. Realistically, probably neither side is interested in giving the failed marriage another try, and Exum is injury prone.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,297

Post#612 » by sip » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:41 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:

Ex has way to many T.Os

I didn't notice that he had 5 tovs against Nigeria and 4 against Italy. Yeah, that is a lot. But I think it was his first real game action since early January. And he only played 6 games during 20-21 season. He then had 0 tovs against Germany, 1 against USA in semi final, and 2 in the battle for bronze against Slovenia.

I don't know why I am talking about him though. Realistically, probably neither side is interested in giving the failed marriage another try, and Exum is injury prone.

For a minimum contract on a team that wants to compete for a championship it seems like a no brainer to at the very least speak with Exum about returning and waiving Hughes. Unless Hughes really shows something in vegas it doesn't make sense to keep him around when a guy like Exum while being injury prone is at the very least a solid perimeter defender which is also our biggest weakness. If not Exum then I would love to get a cheap look at Nkilitina or Stanley Johnson.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#613 » by AingesBurner » Mon Aug 9, 2021 11:34 pm

sip wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:Ex has way to many T.Os

For a minimum contract on a team that wants to compete for a championship it seems like a no brainer to at the very least speak with Exum about returning and waiving Hughes. Unless Hughes really shows something in vegas it doesn't make sense to keep him around when a guy like Exum while being injury prone is at the very least a solid perimeter defender which is also our biggest weakness. If not Exum then I would love to get a cheap look at Nkilitina or Stanley Johnson.

Seems like his shooting has improved, maybe his grown confidence will inspire Quin to have confidence in him.
Ingles is cooked.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#614 » by zero24gravity » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:19 pm

GobertReport wrote:
sip wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:

Seems like his shooting has improved, maybe his grown confidence will inspire Quin to have confidence in him.

Well damn, I thought Jazz fans would kill me suggesting such things. As far as his TO's are concerned, I'm thinking of him as more of a wing defender than a ball handler on the Jazz. PG only in an emergency. That should cut down the TO's.

Who knows if Q & X would be open to such things, but when your team is capped-out, needs speed & length on D, and is in good 'ol Utah ... going to the well for a former Jazzman, who can reunite with Ingles, and I doubt has many suitors, doesn't seem that far fetched.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#615 » by AingesBurner » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:41 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
sip wrote:

Well damn, I thought Jazz fans would kill me suggesting such things. As far as his TO's are concerned, I'm thinking of him as more of a wing defender than a ball handler on the Jazz. PG only in an emergency. That should cut down the TO's.

Who knows if Q & X would be open to such things, but when your team is capped-out, needs speed & length on D, and is in good 'ol Utah ... going to the well for a former Jazzman, who can reunite with Ingles, and I doubt has many suitors, doesn't seem that far fetched.

Pretty much and a guy who can play in Quins system from day 1 and I’ll take all the Conley insurance I can get.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#616 » by babyjax13 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:00 am

Dante can't play 10 games in a row - he's not insurance.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#617 » by tugs » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:20 am

Been a while now, you think they still have any plans to sign an FA?
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#618 » by CAE15 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:28 am

tugs wrote:Been a while now, you think they still have any plans to sign an FA?
I think we'll sign a couple more guys to training camp deals and see if someone impresses, if not I think we'll go into the season with 14 roster spots filled.
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 197

Post#619 » by @ndrew » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:40 am

Should we check on Millsap? Maybe he can be our 15th man
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#620 » by AingesBurner » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:21 am

@ndrew wrote:Should we check on Millsap? Maybe he can be our 15th man

I have a feeling he’s asking for big bucks.
Ingles is cooked.

Return to Utah Jazz