And1: 424

How Do You Feel About Lauri Markkanen? 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 11:11 am

How Do You Feel About Lauri Markkanen?

Should the Mavs consider acquiring him?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: How Do You Feel About Lauri Markkanen? 

Post#2 » by Apz » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:03 pm

Depends on what he want 10m? Why not. Hardly think bulls would be intrested in a snt with the package we offered for dragic so higher salary is probably dead
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,998

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:22 pm

He can be good if he can stay healthy. I don't believe the league has seen what he can really do because he hasn't been happy in Chicago.
I'd like to see us attempt to acquire him but it depends on the #'s.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,364

Post#4 » by Mavrelous » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:54 pm

Depends on the money, but I think he prefers 2+1 deal for 30 mil, than QO, and Mavs need to accumulate talent, so I'm all for it, but a parallel trade ha to happen to reduce the big men glut, a 4/5 rotation of KP/Markannen/Maxi is something I'd really like.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 3:40 pm

KhalilS wrote:Depends on the money, but I think he prefers 2+1 deal for 30 mil, than QO, and Mavs need to accumulate talent, so I'm all for it, but a parallel trade ha to happen to reduce the big men glut, a 4/5 rotation of KP/Markannen/Maxi is something I'd really like.

Yeah, that'd be cool. The Mavs can prolly dump someone somewhere. Like Powell's contract makes him an easy pick to get dumped, but that's also gonna be tough to do since he has 2 years left on his contract. So maybe WCS is the guy they dump, because he's an expiring.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 3:40 pm

HMFFL wrote:He can be good if he can stay healthy. I don't believe the league has seen what he can really do because he hasn't been happy in Chicago.
I'd like to see us attempt to acquire him but it depends on the #'s.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, he needs a change of scenery for sure. Same with a guy like Kevin Love.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#7 » by jpengland » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:20 pm

Markkanen wouldn't be a terrible add at this point.

You'd need to stagger him with KP at times as you don't want him spending too much time in stretch 4s. He's not as bad defensively as advertised but he's in that tricky spot of not protecting the rim enough to be a 5 and teams being able to run him off the floor with smaller 4s.

He'd suit our play more with him being money on open jumpers.

If it's 3/36 or so (which would fit in our TPE) then I'm game.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,364

Post#8 » by Mavrelous » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:30 pm

Rumors on trade board is that both CHA and SA had interest, but he wanted too much money, if that's the case then I'd be very cautious, no need for bad contracts.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:59 pm

jpengland wrote:Markkanen wouldn't be a terrible add at this point.

You'd need to stagger him with KP at times as you don't want him spending too much time in stretch 4s. He's not as bad defensively as advertised but he's in that tricky spot of not protecting the rim enough to be a 5 and teams being able to run him off the floor with smaller 4s.

I'm starting to think Schroder might be the best fit for the Mavs right now because he can playmake, finish fast breaks, and drive in the half court.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#10 » by BlueSan » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:13 pm

Zero defense, fight...so whatever
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Apz » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:32 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:

I'm starting to think Schroder might be the best fit for the Mavs right now because he can playmake, finish fast breaks, and drive in the half court.

But he is a **** shooter. If we didnt have brunson to lead the bench, sure. But to play minutes with luka? Just anotver wright. And stop talking klove. Im not drunk enough to throw up yet
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:56 pm

Apz wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

But he is a **** shooter. If we didnt have brunson to lead the bench, sure. But to play minutes with luka? Just anotver wright. And stop talking klove. Im not drunk enough to throw up yet

KLove for scraps is fine.
But you're right about Schroder. He's not a horrible shooter, but he's not good. He's better than Oubre, but not by much.

Also, Brunson wasn't there to help much in the playoffs. His size hurts him. Schroder has more size and length, and that can help. I'm more concerned about the contract that Schroder would want.

Dragic would be aite, but he's old and broken down now. But, he can shoot and he and Luka love each other, so that'd be cool.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Apz » Sat Aug 7, 2021 6:25 pm

Klove for scraps is not fine. Its 30m on the books for nothing that u cant get rid off without attaching 3 1sts. He is the worst contract in the league, condsidring he has given up
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 7, 2021 7:05 pm

Apz wrote:Klove for scraps is not fine. Its 30m on the books for nothing that u cant get rid off without attaching 3 1sts. He is the worst contract in the league, condsidring he has given up

You can trade him next year when he'd be an expiring. People will take expiring contracts for sure.
Or you can just wait for it to expire and clear your own books. No need to trade away 3 first round picks.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Apz » Sat Aug 7, 2021 10:57 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
Apz wrote:Klove for scraps is not fine. Its 30m on the books for nothing that u cant get rid off without attaching 3 1sts. He is the worst contract in the league, condsidring he has given up

You can trade him next year when he'd be an expiring. People will take expiring contracts for sure.
Or you can just wait for it to expire and clear your own books. No need to trade away 3 first round picks.

Was easy fir toronto, first with lowry and now with dragic... You need a specific buyer or u are stuck with them. Its not an asset until traded, abd spend 2 years with them on the team to maybe get a 2nd rounder and more bad long time money back isnt worth the risk
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,397

Post#16 » by gottamakeit » Sun Aug 8, 2021 12:04 am

I wouldn't want to commit so much salary for a one dimensional player.
Lauri is the opposite of a glue guy. And he'd be taking away minutes from guys that can actually produce wins.
I'd rather spend the money on a playmaker.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 8, 2021 7:43 am

Apz wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

Was easy fir toronto, first with lowry and now with dragic... You need a specific buyer or u are stuck with them. Its not an asset until traded, abd spend 2 years with them on the team to maybe get a 2nd rounder and more bad long time money back isnt worth the risk

Sometimes you gotta take the risk with those bad long-term deals because maybe a change of scenery is all they need.
But I hear you. KLove isn't my first want right now, and neither is Lauri.
I kinda want Schroder just because he fits the timeline and provides the team with some stuff that they need.
Dragic would be cool, but he's old, regressing, and broken down now. But I'd take him, and he'd make Luka happy, so that's good.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 8, 2021 2:43 pm

Someone I know who has real NBA connections says Lauri to Dallas is very likely to happen now.

If that's the case, then I hope the Mavs move both Powell and Burke, and then get back Lauri and Goran (buy out).
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#20 » by LAL1947 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:05 am

Just sharing an interesting take from a Bulls fan.

Return to Dallas Mavericks