ImageImageImage

Welcome Jaden Springer

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#81 » by Negrodamus » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:22 pm

76ciology wrote:Jaden is nowhere near as good as Fultz.

Fultz, multi-positional player on both ends. Match-up problem for defense. Potentially 3 level scorer. Natural on ISO, natural on post and natural on pick and roll. He is the closest thing to being the perfect PG prospect in today’s game.

Jaden more like Fournier or Jordan Clarkson on offense for me. He’ll drop empty 16-18ppg while being a good defender.

16-18 ppg? When? In the G-League?

This dude doesn't have 16ppg in him for an entire NBA season unless we decided to tank and let him MCW an entire year. I just don't see the offensive skillset to be anything other than 3&D unless he makes some serious and leaping changes to his game. I know he's young, but man, he looks pedestrian on offense.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#82 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:31 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Fultz, multi-positional player on both ends. Match-up problem for defense. Potentially 3 level scorer. Natural on ISO, natural on post and natural on pick and roll. He is the closest thing to being the perfect PG prospect in today’s game.

Jaden more like Fournier or Jordan Clarkson on offense for me. He’ll drop empty 16-18ppg while being a good defender.

This dude doesn't have 16ppg in him for an entire NBA season unless we decided to tank and let him MCW an entire year. I just don't see the offensive skillset to be anything other than 3&D unless he makes some serious and leaping changes to his game. I know he's young, but man, he looks pedestrian on offense.

Based on my crystal ball. :lol:

But seriously, i mean his upside is some 16-18ppg guy like clarkson or fournier. Yup i agree that he’s pedestrian on offense and im not high on hin
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#83 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:32 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Points add up quick when the three ball comes into play.

There's plenty of pedestrian creators putting up 15+ ppg because of the three ball. Many putting up 20+ ppg because of the three ball. There's even one dropping 30+ because of the three ball *cough Bradley Beal*

If Springer can leverage his college shooting splits of 40%+ three and 80%+ free throw into being a guy who hits 2+ threes a game at the NBA level, he can easily be in that scoring range.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#84 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:38 pm

76ciology wrote:im not high on hin

I think you should buy his stock. He has all the core traits needed in a prospect to be a fantastic all around player.
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#85 » by Madd Squabbles » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:40 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
None of them are needle movers. Springer shouldn’t be looked at as an asset initially but because of poor management it’ll likely be which is disappointing.

Springer will be very good.

Why are you assuming that he will be poorly managed?

Because we are that. Springer might be the collateral to a Ben trade. That’s how far Ben’s value has gone down.

We really are a mediocre run franchise if we’re being honest. Embiid fell into our lap that’s basically it for 4 years.

You are assuming that Springer will be mismanaged because we are that. Ahhh... Okay.
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#86 » by Madd Squabbles » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:44 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Nah, Springer has more upside. Also, no reason to undertake the medical risk, considering this franchise's history with bad luck. Butler wasn't even allowed to workout with teams pre-draft. Needed to be cleared by a panel of physicians to even be considered "fit to play". He's still not participating on the court with Utah. No plans to compete in SL or practice yet. Does that sound like the kind of pick we should have made? Can you imagine if that backfires on us.

This I had no idea about. That changes my perspective quite a bit.

Had Hyland been there at 28, who would you have picked between he and Springer?

Oof, tough question.

With draft night energy, I would have taken Hyland no question.

With more objectivity and closer eval, I'm glad we landed Springer. Both Springer and Hyland possess core four traits (dribble, pass, shoot, defend), but Springer is younger and bigger.

I think Springer's splits as a starter are an eye opener. I think he should have gone top 10. And I think he's closer to Suggs than people realize and might even be better.

I like the selection of Springer, but I'm not getting the comparison to Suggs. Springer doesn't even look like a future point guard to me. He looks like a 3 and D shooting guard. Where are folks seeing the comp to Suggs?
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#87 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:49 pm

Madd Squabbles wrote:I like the selection of Springer, but I'm not getting the comparison to Suggs. Springer doesn't even look like a future point guard to me. He looks like a 3 and D shooting guard. Where are folks seeing the comp to Suggs?

You think Suggs looks like a PG? Springer had a higher assist percentage than Suggs.

Suggs is a better defender and a better pick and roll scorer in the mid-range, but Springer is a better passer and has a much better shooting profile. They're both below the rim athletes. I just don't see the drastic separation. I actually think Springer offers a little more from an all-around skillset.

I wouldn't have the courage to take Springer ahead of Suggs in the top 10, but I wouldn't be surprised if their careers were similar and Jaden actually ended up slightly better.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#88 » by sodmoraes » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:53 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Nah, Springer has more upside. Also, no reason to undertake the medical risk, considering this franchise's history with bad luck. Butler wasn't even allowed to workout with teams pre-draft. Needed to be cleared by a panel of physicians to even be considered "fit to play". He's still not participating on the court with Utah. No plans to compete in SL or practice yet. Does that sound like the kind of pick we should have made? Can you imagine if that backfires on us.

This I had no idea about. That changes my perspective quite a bit.

Had Hyland been there at 28, who would you have picked between he and Springer?

Oof, tough question.

With draft night energy, I would have taken Hyland no question.

With more objectivity and closer eval, I'm glad we landed Springer. Both Springer and Hyland possess core four traits (dribble, pass, shoot, defend), but Springer is younger and bigger.

I think Springer's splits as a starter are an eye opener. I think he should have gone top 10. And I think he's closer to Suggs than people realize and might even be better.
I Always tought Suggs was overrated. I saw his highlights and didnt saw anything special: not a great athlete, not a great shooter and not great halfcourt creation ability. He will be a decent pg but thats not what you would expect of a high pick.

I like Springers potential, and maybe he can grow a little bit yet. If his 3 ball is legit he would complement Tyrese in the backcourt.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#89 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:58 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:im not high on hin

I think you should buy his stock. He has all the core traits needed in a prospect to be a fantastic all around player.

I dont see it. Maybe he’ll show something more in SL and i’ll be glad to change my mind
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,655

Post#90 » by stormi » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:59 pm

Need a way where Ben is sent across for an arguable comparable like De'Aaron Fox without much additives on either side so we can watch the organic growth of our kids and have them contribute to our championship run the way FVV, Pascal and Norm got it out of the mud for the Raptors. OG too but he was hurt.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#91 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 7, 2021 6:13 pm

Yeah, Fultz was an elite shotcreator as a prospect. And his crappy free throw shooting shouldn't have even been enough to stop his jumper at the next level because he had good range in college. As R.J. Barrett and Brandon Ingram showed, it doesn't matter how crappy your free throw shooting is as long as you're a willing shooter. You'll eventually figure it out (both are now 40% three point shooters in the NBA). Fultz should have just stuck with his jumper and stopped messing with it. He'd be on his way to a hall of fame career by now.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#92 » by Negrodamus » Sat Aug 7, 2021 6:26 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Points add up quick when the three ball comes into play.

There's plenty of pedestrian creators putting up 15+ ppg because of the three ball. Many putting up 20+ ppg because of the three ball. There's even one dropping 30+ because of the three ball *cough Bradley Beal*

If Springer can leverage his college shooting splits of 40%+ three and 80%+ free throw into being a guy who hits 2+ threes a game at the NBA level, he can easily be in that scoring range.

Danny Green shot 6 threes per game this year and averaged 9 points. Ironically, I see Springer being slightly better than Danny Green on offense but a similar skill set.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#93 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 7, 2021 6:52 pm

Personally, I don't see any scenario where Springer ends up that limited on offense. I think he's going to transition pretty comfortably into a scorer in the teens by the 50% or 75% mark of his rookie contract, assuming proper playing time.
jotachase
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#94 » by jotachase » Sat Aug 7, 2021 7:24 pm

This video is very minor, just Jaden doing a dunk in practice:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It is interesting though seeing him jump off one foot. In college he was almost exclusively a two footed jumper and if he has been working on that it could be huge. Remember Donovan Mitchell was another two footed jumper in college that put in a ton of work between getting drafted and his first season and it paid off big time. Not saying he's Donovan Mitchell, to be clear. But he already does a lot of things really well, and there are a lot of obvious areas to improve that don't seem unobtainable, plus he is so young. Lot of potential for him.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#95 » by Lou_23 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 7:51 pm

I will be happy if he is like a Marcus Smart with better %

I dont see him scoring 16-18 points
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#96 » by Negrodamus » Sat Aug 7, 2021 8:04 pm

Glad to see he can get up there and slam it. Now do it in traffic.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#97 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 7, 2021 9:11 pm

LMAO, I'm a big fan of Springer as a prospect, but his athleticism is super dookie. Barely grazed the rim.
jotachase
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#98 » by jotachase » Sat Aug 7, 2021 9:32 pm

A lot of issues he can have in his finishing not being diverse come from how he jumps. Thinking its about him getting high and dunking is missing the ways him developing into more of a one footed jumper benefits him.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#99 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 9:42 pm

Ironically if springer does develop a reliable shot like Kobble predicts and maxey does as well that’s a great backcourt fit with Simmons/Embiid
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,733

Post#100 » by Mik317 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 10:29 pm

that is most sauceless dunk ever.

man had one of the worst highlight tapes I've watched.

super low on him

hope that works out
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers