Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Re: Summer league 

Post#81 » by Tom White » Mon Aug 9, 2021 5:58 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Looking at today's schedule it is clear. We're either the headliner to the show - or the warm up band.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 675

Post#82 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Aug 9, 2021 6:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Warm up
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#83 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Aug 9, 2021 6:29 pm

Boatwright carried on shoulders to the locker with a knee injury first quarter. Washington and Brissett look good so far.

Pacers 24-18
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#84 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Aug 9, 2021 7:00 pm

Pacers 44-41 at half. You can really tell that Toppin and Quickley are 2nd year players playing well above and hard to guard. Brissett is playing aggressive and Duarte is hanging tough. Washington was 4 for 4. Hopefully he gets some time with first unit.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#85 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 9, 2021 7:16 pm

Turner in Vegas with the team to watch summer league (which is a kind of normal). Says the foot is doing well and just needed time to heal.

Also talked about his recent insta post that went viral.
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#86 » by Tom White » Mon Aug 9, 2021 7:31 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Turner in Vegas with the team to watch summer league (which is a kind of normal). Says the foot is doing well and just needed time to heal.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I've seen a lot of talk about him having surgery on his foot, but I swear in that interview he said it did NOT require surgery.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#87 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Aug 9, 2021 7:31 pm

D. Washington is on fire. 7-7 for 18 points. If his play holds true great signing. So far Jackson hands on offense not good. Brissett tough shooting day. Pacers down low game poor today. Duarte looks good. Sykes not so much.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 9, 2021 7:48 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Turner in Vegas with the team to watch summer league (which is a kind of normal). Says the foot is doing well and just needed time to heal.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I've seen a lot of talk about him having surgery on his foot, but I swear in that interview he said it did NOT require surgery.

The injury can be treated with surgery, or rest. Myles and his doctors chose the rest.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#89 » by Tom White » Mon Aug 9, 2021 7:52 pm

Thoughts from late in the 4th quarter of Pacers vs. Knicks:
Washington - Can REALLY shoot the ball.
Brissett - Doing Brissett stuff. Mostly good. Drawing fouls and converting.
Duarte - Not exciting, but not bad either. Too much like Brogdon for me, but he has filled the stat sheet. Plays controlled.
Jackson - Jumps like he wants to block every shot.
Brimah - Why is he still here?
Sykes - Sucks.

Biggest disappointment? Chad Buchanan's sideline interview when, in talking about the Eastern Conference, he said "Top 6 is our ultimate goal." WHAT?????? I think he then realized what he said on air, cause he paused and added "and then on from there". What ever the heck that means. And yes, he did actually say "ultimate goal".

It bothers the living crap out of me when the Pacers' GM talks about finishing 6th being a goal. I'd fire a guy who does not at least aim higher than that.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 465

Post#90 » by granger05 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 8:03 pm

Tom White wrote:Thoughts from late in the 4th quarter of Pacers vs. Knicks:
Washington - Can REALLY shoot the ball.
Brissett - Doing Brissett stuff. Mostly good. Drawing fouls and converting.
Duarte - Not exciting, but not bad either. Too much like Brogdon for me, but he has filled the stat sheet. Plays controlled.
Jackson - Jumps like he wants to block every shot.
Brimah - Why is he still here?
Sykes - Sucks.

Biggest disappointment? Chad Buchanan's sideline interview when, in talking about the Eastern Conference, he said "Top 6 is our ultimate goal." WHAT?????? I think he then realized what he said on air, cause he paused and added "and then on from there". What ever the heck that means. And yes, he did actually say "ultimate goal".

It bothers the living crap out of me when the Pacers' GM talks about finishing 6th being a goal. I'd fire a guy who does not at least aim higher than that.

I think it's just a shorthand for making the playoffs outright and avoiding the play-in nonsense. No matter what kind of aspirations you have as a team, being in the playoffs is the first step.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#91 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Aug 9, 2021 8:05 pm

Pacers summer league defense ugly. Can’t defend quick guard play, Toppin, Quickley for 32. Quickley did get a few calls or non calls as he pushed off a lot. Last part of game Duarte and other Pacers shots were short from three. Good experience for them but need to see better contributions besides Washington, Duarte, and Brissett. Brimah and Stanley very disappointing only playing 11 minutes each. In comparison J. Bone played 22 and handled the point. I. Jackson played 7 minutes and looks raw but energetic and possibly nervous dropping passes twice in scoring range. Surprisingly T. Taylor a camp signing didn’t get in the game.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by Tom White » Mon Aug 9, 2021 8:59 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Toppin, Quickley for 32.

You could certainly tell those two are not rookies, have actual league experience and have played together.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 9, 2021 9:13 pm

Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:Toppin, Quickley for 32.

You could certainly tell those two are not rookies, have actual league experience and have played together.

I’ll be honest. I thought Toppin played terrible. I’m shocked to look up that he put up 22. I was in and out a little bit and missed the first couple minutes, but man. He was worthless on defense, he had no positioning, was a turnover machine, and was pretty weak on his attacks to the basket. He just really stood in a spot most all of the time and had little motor for most of the game I saw.

Quickley played GREAT. Maybe he got some calls he shouldn’t have, but offensively, dude was a load. McBride played well. The Knicks played a Thibodeau like short lineup, and got 4 of their guys 31 minutes or more, which was more than any Pacers player logged.

Washington was on fire, and definitely had a shooters mentality. Probably a really good signing for the 2 way. I thought Duarte played REALLY well. He could’ve been better, but he showed some defense, some passing, some ball handling, and some tough shot making ability in different avenues. Brissett showed some great defense, positioning, awareness, etc. Jackson was a bit of a nothing burger in that game, so hard to judge him on much. Active leader, but didn’t seem to know what to do, which made sense because he didn’t get a single practice with the team before playing. Brimah probably needs to move on. I really didn’t notice Stanley in his play much, at all. I thought Sykes was actually pretty decent. He had really good vision making some passes. He played some tough defense in using his speed to stay in front of his guy, switched well, and made life as tough as he could on his guys. He resisted shooting, which was weird, but makes me believe that someone told him that defense and distributing would give him the best chance at making the roster. Either way, probably a good body for camp. Not sure if anything more than that.

That was really all that stood out to me.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#94 » by Topofthekey » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:06 pm

I only watched the highlights, but I like what I see in Duarte

Looks like a smart player with a very high floor - I think at the very least he develops into a Danny Green level role player

I like his ceiling too, but let's let's how he does in the regular season first
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:42 pm

Tom White wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yup. Here’s the interview Tom is referencing….

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#96 » by Wizop » Mon Aug 9, 2021 11:04 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I only watched the highlights, but I like what I see in Duarte

Looks like a smart player with a very high floor - I think at the very least he develops into a Danny Green level role player

Granger when healthy was much more than a role player. Didn't he set a record for a number of consecutive years increasing his scoring bt 5 points?

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 9, 2021 11:14 pm

Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:I only watched the highlights, but I like what I see in Duarte

Granger when healthy was much more than a role player. Didn't he set a record for a number of consecutive years increasing his scoring bt 5 points?

Sent from my phone.

He said Green, though I read it as Danny Granger at first, too. :lol: Pacers colored eyes, huh?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#98 » by Wizop » Mon Aug 9, 2021 11:59 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

He said Green, though I read it as Danny Granger at first, too. Pacers colored eyes, huh?
Oops

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by Tom White » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Well, this is fun. First, the game vs the Wizards was called off. Now, hoping to watch the game vs Hawks and my ESPN3 feed is saying "Your event is experiencing technical difficulties"

This summer league is jinxed I'm tellin' ya! Jinxed!

WHEW! Finally, with the Pacers taking their first lead, the game is on!
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#100 » by Pacers Forever » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:22 pm

Tom White wrote:Well, this is fun. First, the game vs the Wizards was called off. Now, hoping to watch the game vs Hawks and my ESPN3 feed is saying "Your event is experiencing technical difficulties"

This summer league is jinxed I'm tellin' ya! Jinxed!

Dang ! I went with Scoot’s suggestion and got the 1 month NBA tv deal for $7

Return to Indiana Pacers