ImageImageImage

OT: Super Bowl

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

OT: Super Bowl 

Post#1 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:11 am

With the NBA season now in the past, and the NFL one coming up shortly, is there any interest to do a Suns Realgm NFL fantasy league? I think we did it once like 5 years ago, but forum activity dried out the next years due to our sucking. How about this year?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Re: OT: NFL fantasy anyone? 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:31 am

Kyler Murray wrote:With the NBA season now in the past, and the NFL one coming up shortly, is there any interest to do a Suns Realgm NFL fantasy league? I think we did it once like 5 years ago, but forum activity dried out the next years due to our sucking. How about this year?

I am always game and am usually in like 5-8 leagues. I will certainly be in some that are realgm centric.

Though it's been hard to drum up interest here...but maybe it's less of a ghost town right now than it usually is.

Not a lot of NFL fans around here for whatever reason...and such a large fantasy basketball presence when fantasy football is far more popular.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD

Post#3 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:36 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:With the NBA season now in the past, and the NFL one coming up shortly, is there any interest to do a Suns Realgm NFL fantasy league? I think we did it once like 5 years ago, but forum activity dried out the next years due to our sucking. How about this year?

I am always game and am usually in like 5-8 leagues. I will certainly be in some that are realgm centric.

Though it's been hard to drum up interest here...but maybe it's less of a ghost town right now than it usually is.

Not a lot of NFL fans around here for whatever reason...and such a large fantasy basketball presence when fantasy football is far more popular.

Ye I know, but we just need like 5-6 more ppl, we can fill the last couple of spots with friends, so I'm hopeful.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:38 am

Kyler Murray wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Ye I know, but we just need like 5-6 more ppl, we can fill the last couple of spots with friends, so I'm hopeful.

I know Miyagi and kennydorglas were in one years ago though I don't know how active they were..but the rest was filled up with other people around the forums.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD

Post#5 » by Kyler Murray » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:56 pm

Well, that went well :lol:
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#6 » by Slim Charless » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:08 pm

I'm down. Lmk
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#7 » by SunsLyf3 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:17 am

Count me in as well.

I manage my own and have 2 more so a 4th one is welcomed.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#8 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 am

bwgood77 wrote:I know Miyagi and kennydorglas were in one years ago though I don't know how active they were..but the rest was filled up with other people around the forums.

I don't really care about the NFL anymore.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD

Post#9 » by Kyler Murray » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:07 pm

OK one last try, I'll give it one more week, we're 4 so far. Bwgood got any pals from other team forums?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:30 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:OK one last try, I'll give it one more week, we're 4 so far. Bwgood got any pals from other team forums?

I was going to bump this too. There are probably a handful from the NFL forum who are in one on there but are always in several, so I'm sure some of them would do it.

If we could just get to 8. We can give it some more time..there might not be many checking forum now. Maybe when people start showing up for basketball leagues some will want to do it.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#11 » by matt131 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:30 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:OK one last try, I'll give it one more week, we're 4 so far. Bwgood got any pals from other team forums?
If y'all need more, you can count me in.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#12 » by Revived » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:08 am

I’m in if you guys need still need one.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#13 » by Slim Charless » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:09 am

...so 6 so far? Not too bad. Maybe like was mentioned earlier we can find another 2-4 via the open forum?

Either way lmk.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:12 pm

It would be best to have a Suns league. The guys I know who would join play in so many league and are usually near the top that they could potentially kind of dominate our league. I don't do nearly the research of those guys but have certain strategies I have used for a long time, though not sure they work as well as they used to given the huge emphasis and rule changes related to the passing game over the years.

6 is pretty good. We could theoretically do a 6 team league with very deep rosters, starting 2 or 3 qbs, having 2 byes for the playoffs and the other 4 in a first round playoff matchups..playoffs could last two weeks per matchup to avoid someone just having a sudden great or terrible weak, etc.

I am in 10 and 12 team leagues where teams start 2 QBs so 20-24 qbs start each week so even if 3 started on each team that is only 18 of the 32 starting QBs and each team could carry up to 5.

It's kind of more fun to have more QBs starting since there are so many good ones.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,445

Post#15 » by Stix » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:44 pm

I'll play, if you still need people. Always fun to join another league, you get exposure to more players.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#16 » by dmastro32 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:51 am

Why not have some fun
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,357

Post#17 » by Puff » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:32 am

Count me in, if you have room
      "Vogel has no spine. Booker and Durant do whatever they want on this team and just continue make stupid decisions iso-ball and basically doing whatever they feel like out there. We need a coach with balls."
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:44 pm

I was thinking we were at 9 but re-counting I think we are at 10. Are you going to set it up Kyler? Standard? Or 2 QB? PPR? Expanded rosters a bit? Team D or individual defenders. I typically run 2 QB leagues, especially if they are 8 or 10 teams, and also like IDP, and maybe an extra RB/WR slot (can play either) but I know a lot of people just like standard.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,357

Post#19 » by Puff » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:33 am

Will this be an ESPN Nfl fantasy league?

I have drafts already set up for early September. Let's get this started. It should be fun.

I was in over 10 leagues last year and plan on doing the same this year.. It keeps you busy
      "Vogel has no spine. Booker and Durant do whatever they want on this team and just continue make stupid decisions iso-ball and basically doing whatever they feel like out there. We need a coach with balls."
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Puff wrote:Will this be an ESPN Nfl fantasy league?

I have drafts already set up for early September. Let's get this started. It should be fun.

I was in over 10 leagues last year and plan on doing the same this year.. It keeps you busy

Yes, I am usually in 7 or 8. I think my first draft is Sept 4th. I think the season starts Sept 9th.

I know timing might be a little tougher because I believe Kyler Murray is in Greece (the one here not the QB for the Cards).

I prefer ESPN to Yahoo but I think I was in his last year on Yahoo. I run them on espn and NFL.com, which is also good...though I still like ESPN better. I use NFL.com to set up more customizable ones for random people, mostly good players who like those types of leagues.

Return to Phoenix Suns