[twitter] @thunderdustin
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#102 » by Devilanche » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:53 am

getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter

The numbers looks off at first glance . Why the 24m difference ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#103 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:15 am

Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Practical cap space is what we would have if we waived non-gtd contracts plus renounced all cap holds. We have a lot of cap holds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbWHTopePrJuCtEyPml3TPdbmpjbORdZ_LQs8CYqN_s/edit#gid=0
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#104 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:29 am

Read on Twitter
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#105 » by Devilanche » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:36 am

getrichordie wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Practical cap space is what we would have if we waived non-gtd contracts plus renounced all cap holds. We have a lot of cap holds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbWHTopePrJuCtEyPml3TPdbmpjbORdZ_LQs8CYqN_s/edit#gid=0

Cap space :salary cap - ( our guaranteed + dead cap ) ?
Practical cap is ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#106 » by Devilanche » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:37 am

getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our TPEs have different expiry date not suppose to aggregate them .

Adams 27 : today
Ariza 12 , hills 10 : before trade deadline

Edit : I click the Twitter link . If you are referencing spotrac we have used up the Gallo TPE for favors . Only 380k left which make it practically unusable.
Jalen lecque 1.5m TPE is small these are generally used if we do have a trade on hand and need absorb a smallish salary. No GMs will seek out a trade to use such TPE given that no other gm will give asset to absorb 1.5’ in salary
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#107 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:45 am

Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our TPEs have different expiry date not suppose to aggregate them .

Adams 27 : today
Ariza 12 , hills 10 : before trade deadline

Edit : I click the Twitter link . If you are referencing spotrac we have used up the Gallo TPE for favors . Only 380k left which make it practically unusable.
Jalen lecque 1.5m TPE is small these are generally used if we do have a trade on hand and need absorb a smallish salary. No GMs will seek out a trade to use such TPE given that no other gm will give asset to absorb 1.5’ in salary

These numbers are assuming the TPEs that are gonna expire today, are gonna expire... And also takes into account our remaining TPEs that have not expired.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#108 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:06 am

Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

Cap space :salary cap - ( our guaranteed + dead cap ) ?
Practical cap is ?

Practical cap space is: (Salary Cap — Total Cap Holds) — (Non-Gtd. Money + Non-Draft Cap Holds + Active TPEs)

Cap Space is: Salary Cap - Total Cap Holds (Q.O.s, TPEs, Bird Rights, Guaranteed Money, Non-Guaranteed Money)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#109 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:35 am

Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Also want to note that these numbers did not count the TPE cap holds, which was a mistake.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#110 » by Devilanche » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:33 am

getrichordie wrote:
Practical cap space is: (Salary Cap — Total Cap Holds) — (Non-Gtd. Money + Non-Draft Cap Holds + Active TPEs)

Cap Space is: Salary Cap - Total Cap Holds (Q.O.s, TPEs, Bird Rights, Guaranteed Money, Non-Guaranteed Money)

For all purpose those numbers doesn’t mean anything to OKC .

What I’m interested is are we operating as over the cap ? Assumption was always yes but I don’t think it’s announced anywhere . And if we are operating over the cap, can we switch to under the cap if we haven’t sign anyone new ?

Reason is because
Favors trade become official : 30 July https://www.nba.com/thunder/news/release-favors-210730
Kemba rumours of buyout : around the same period give or take 2 days from there ( I remember reading something about kemba and his agent wanting to meet Presti to discuss the future but I can’t pull out that article anymore )
Adams TPE : 9 august

If we have acted as over the cap with TPE that means now we have 12m Ariza TPE , 10m hill TPE and 9m-ish MLE

If we had acted as cap space team means we got around 30m-ish capspace and MLE(? I’m unsure on the MLE portion)

Not sure how likely Presti would have given up the Adams TPE for a bit more cap space and how it ties in to just how much kemba was giving up .

We can only receive proof of us acting as a cap space team if we absorb salary that is higher than either TPEs
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#111 » by Devilanche » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:50 am

Best I can find is this : http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

Ie : since we didn’t sign anyone in free agency yet . Does that means we can renounce our TPE now to gain cap space ?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#112 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:16 pm

Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

What I’m interested is are we operating as over the cap ? Assumption was always yes but I don’t think it’s announced anywhere . And if we are operating over the cap, can we switch to under the cap if we haven’t sign anyone new ?

Reason is because
Favors trade become official : 30 July https://www.nba.com/thunder/news/release-favors-210730
Kemba rumours of buyout : around the same period give or take 2 days from there ( I remember reading something about kemba and his agent wanting to meet Presti to discuss the future but I can’t pull out that article anymore )

If we have acted as over the cap with TPE that means now we have 12m Ariza TPE , 10m hill TPE and 9m-ish MLE

If we had acted as cap space team means we got around 30m-ish capspace and MLE(? I’m unsure on the MLE portion)

Not sure how likely Presti would have given up the Adams TPE for a bit more cap space and how it ties in to just how much kemba was giving up .

We can only receive proof of us acting as a cap space team if we absorb salary that is higher than either TPEs

Long story short, my understanding is that we are operating as an over the cap team but we have option of renouncing all holds to get under the cap, but really no reason to do so. Think about it like this: You have all of your cap holds, but you must pay your guaranteed contracts and dead cap. All other cap holds can be renounced (non-gtd contracts can be waived, TPEs, bird holds) to open up space and operate under the cap. But, again, there is really no reason to do so, unless we are going after a free agent with a sizeable deal, or want to restructure a contract or something to that affect.

See http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q26 for further clarification.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#113 » by Devilanche » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:39 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Reason is because

Long story short, my understanding is that we are operating as an over the cap team but we have option of renouncing all holds to get under the cap, but really no reason to do so. Think about it like this: You have all of your cap holds, but you must pay your guaranteed contracts and dead cap. All other cap holds can be renounced (non-gtd contracts can be waived, TPEs, bird holds) to open up space and operate under the cap. But, again, there is really no reason to do so, unless we are going after a free agent with a sizeable deal, or want to restructure a contract or something to that affect.

After the Adams TPE expire. I think we have more in cap space than TPE left . With the added benefit that there’s no limit to salary we can take if we use capspace.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#114 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Devilanche wrote:For all purpose those numbers doesn’t mean anything to OKC .

Reason is because

After the Adams TPE expire. I think we have more in cap space than TPE left . With the added benefit that there’s no limit to salary we can take if we use capspace.

You are correct. We currently have roughly $22M in TPEs remaining, total, but they cannot be combined. We could also renounce NT-MLE and BA to create even more cap space. Basically, if we wanted to (just an example), we could trade for Ben Simmons. Our "Max Cap Space" is ~$53M (assumes we waive all non-GTD contracts [Deck, Williams] and renounce all of our cap holds.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 86

Post#115 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Meanwhile, I think we sign any free-agent this summer. Poor season 21-22
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#116 » by bondom34 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#117 » by Dn4sty » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:41 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I feel like he has some Horford in his game
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#118 » by Devilanche » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I feel like he has some Horford in his game

Really feel like Presti value him like a first rounder.
Will be UFA after the 4 right ?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#119 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:15 pm

I'm not that high on JRE (think he can be a good back up) but value wise it's REALLY good. Presti is basically not taking any risk and know that those young players may agree to some extension because well...that's still a lot of money. I think that ultimately in today's NBA it's very difficult to steal value in terms of salary and Presi is taking advantage of those young players that want to secure some money.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 86

Post#120 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Good signing, like he did last year with Theo Maledon.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder