Do not trade this young man.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#722 » by Arsenal » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:21 pm

76ciology wrote:He’s so inspiring.

Defense was an issue. Then he improved his defense.
He isnt getting to the line. Then he attacked the rim and shot less floaters.
He was reluctant to let it fly. Now he shoots 3s comfortably.

Most of the “i practiced 24 hours” story is BS.

But I truly believe Maxey is super hard worker. Because there is evident results.

This. His development curve is so rapid. He MUST be putting in the work.

Kid wants to be great. We need to give him the chance now.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#723 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:21 pm

stormi wrote:If this is in his bag now, look out...

Read on Twitter

Thats what im telling Kobble. Creating shots nowadays is easy. Seems like every shooter has a decent step back nowadays and this takes advantage of defenders sagging off because of the handcheck and “give shooters space” rule. I saw Jalen Green had the same move just the other day.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#724 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:23 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:He’s so inspiring.

Defense was an issue. Then he improved his defense.
He isnt getting to the line. Then he attacked the rim and shot less floaters.
He was reluctant to let it fly. Now he shoots 3s comfortably.

Most of the “i practiced 24 hours” story is BS.

But I truly believe Maxey is super hard worker. Because there is evident results.

This. His development curve is so rapid. He MUST be putting in the work.

Kid wants to be great. We need to give him the chance now.

Yeah.

He did most of it IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON. :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#725 » by Wilfried » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Can we make him Ben's coach?
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#726 » by rzzzzz » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:16 pm

Wilfried wrote:Can we make him Ben's coach?

Well, we know that Matisse worked out with Tyrese and showed him stuff. In the best of all worlds, the two of them will continue to work out together. It would do Ben a world of good, but ain’t gonna happen.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#727 » by stormi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:44 pm

76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

Thats what im telling Kobble. Creating shots nowadays is easy. Seems like every shooter has a decent step back nowadays and this takes advantage of defenders sagging off because of the handcheck and “give shooters space” rule. I saw Jalen Green had the same move just the other day.

There's not another player on this team under 7'2 that can create space like this and he has so many other tricks in his bag. I think he could average ~16 ppg minimum this season with consistent minutes, even in a 6th man role. Should be untouchable in all trades.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#728 » by sodmoraes » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:13 am

stormi wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

There's not another player on this team under 7'2 that can create space like this and he has so many other tricks in his bag. I think he could average ~16 ppg minimum this season with consistent minutes, even in a 6th man role. Should be untouchable in all trades.
I agree with you. Lets suppose his 3 pt ball improvement is real, and he can shoot it at 35% off the dribble at a good volume. That will make him very dangerous, as he turns into a 3 level scorer, as he's really good driving to the basket and he's getting better at that pullup 15 ft.

He may not be a great passer but i think he can improve. He usually finds the open guy and can drive and dish. With Curry, Green and Embiid i could see him with 5 apg if he played 30 mpg. Dame isnt a real pg too.

So i ask , in this best case scenario , is Fox that much better than him? Fox is faster and a better slasher but Tyrese may be already a better shooter. Dont get me wrong, i would be really happy getting Fox trading Simmons, but if Maxey keeps improving he may be an allstar.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#729 » by Arsenal » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Tyrese Maxey is showing all the signs of being a STUD 3 level scoring guard.

The EXACT guy we've been searching for to pair with Joel and Ben for years.

He could be our answer for the next 10-15 years.

No idea why people are so willing to give him up for a 2-3 year window.

Oh yeah... MYOPIA
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#730 » by blargh » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Read on Twitter

The impressive part of this play to me is he’s able to locate the 3pt line while he’s driving left on the fly. He already had enough space for the 19-footer, but he’s got the confidence and sense of positioning to eke a little more value out of the shot by stepping back.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#731 » by SixthStreet » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:18 pm

I see a huge jump coming this year for Maxey. I think he'll be close to star level by the end of the year. His skill development is off the charts since he's been drafted. This isn't going to be linear.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#732 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Tyrese, please learn how to fake an injury so the Blazers wont ask for you in a trade for Dame.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#733 » by Sportfan73 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:35 pm

76ciology wrote:Tyrese, please learn how to fake an injury so the Blazers wont ask for you in a trade for Dame.

Who could be pivot to realistically that would allow him to be our PG? Ingram?
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#734 » by SixthStreet » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:37 pm

Our real hope is that Maxey takes the reigns from Game 1 and shows out while Lillard slow plays his trade request and makes himself untouchable by the time Lillard asks out.

Maxey, save us from emptying out the asset chamber!
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#735 » by Arsenal » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:49 pm

blargh wrote:

Read on Twitter

The impressive part of this play to me is he’s able to locate the 3pt line while he’s driving left on the fly. He already had enough space for the 19-footer, but he’s got the confidence and sense of positioning to eke a little more value out of the shot by stepping back.

it's str8 up Harden and Lillardesque...

Time to give him the keys and let him fly...
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#736 » by Madd Squabbles » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:22 pm

stormi wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

I love the shot but I don't like that he took it instead of passing to a wide-open hot shooting Joe. And Joe just looked at him like man I was wide open! :-)
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#737 » by Madd Squabbles » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:28 pm

sodmoraes wrote:
stormi wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I agree with you. Lets suppose his 3 pt ball improvement is real, and he can shoot it at 35% off the dribble at a good volume. That will make him very dangerous, as he turns into a 3 level scorer, as he's really good driving to the basket and he's getting better at that pullup 15 ft.

He may not be a great passer but i think he can improve. He usually finds the open guy and can drive and dish. With Curry, Green and Embiid i could see him with 5 apg if he played 30 mpg. Dame isnt a real pg too.

So i ask , in this best case scenario , is Fox that much better than him? Fox is faster and a better slasher but Tyrese may be already a better shooter. Dont get me wrong, i would be really happy getting Fox trading Simmons, but if Maxey keeps improving he may be an allstar.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

You make a very good point here about Fox. If this is what we see from Maxey once he faces real competition I'm good with trading Simmons for the Haul from GS because I really like the players they drafted. I would actually prefer Haliburton over Fox at this point but my top unrealistic option is SGA. I think he is the perfect fit for this team.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#738 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:59 am

While I’m high on Maxey too, I don’t think we can assume he’s going to be a 1B (or even #2) option on a championship team this season or next.

We should know by now not to over-react to summer league games.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#739 » by DCasey91 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:17 am

Maxey and a Lillard backcourt doesn’t work, too much overlap.

I like Maxey but I’m realistic here. Both aren’t PG’s

Really the setup should be this:

Facilitating/Shooting/Defending PG . CP3/Lowry mold. Lonzo is a good one too.

Two way SG. Leonard/Butler or Holiday at its lightest point. Or a heavy scoring SG that can act as an SF and switch the 3&D SF to SG. Think Lavine, or Booker where Bridges covers the weak point.

3&D Wing (Green/Hart) or a Heavy scoring wing (Tatum/Ingram) that’s interchangeable. I.E Danny Green can be a SG/SF or even a small PF (3-5 positions).

Switchable SF/PF that stretches the floor. Crowder, Morris twins, Ingles, Olynyk.

And Embiid.

Kind of like the Bucks setup (Better scorer than can theoretically be a two way player. Specifically a wing).

I’d prefer this:

Lowry
Green
Ingles
Ingram
Embiid

Now of course some of the players listed is too old or a past it but for me this is 100% exact the ideal setup for Embiid.

Two volume scorers (one that can C&S), a PG (C&S), 3x ballhandlers. And a huge amount of space.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,000

Post#740 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:48 am

This shows you that it's not all about talent, give me hard work over the Ben Simmons of the world any day of the week.
Horrible takes since 2016

Return to Philadelphia 76ers