Image ImageImage Image

WOJ: NBA investigating possible tampering: Update Bulls forfeit 2nd Round Pick pg. 31

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Darius Miles Davis
Veteran
And1: 452

Re: WOJ: NBA investigating possible tampering violations on Ball: Update pg. 14 

Post#441 » by Darius Miles Davis » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:39 am

chitowndish wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is the tweet that I saw the Bulls/Pelicans deal was going to be handled harsher. There was another tweet as well saying Miami was likely to be more jumping the gun in comparison and I haven’t seen anyone come out and say the Bulls are not going to be handled harshly. If one guy is saying we are going to get the book thrown at us and someone is saying it isn’t as bad for Miami it doesn’t sound good for us is I guess where I’m at.

Read on Twitter

Ira Winderman’s tweet is ridiculous. Jumping the gun is tampering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"Uh...we've always like ET. ET has big hands. His mother has big hands."
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 460

Post#442 » by step » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:47 am

Darius Miles Davis wrote:Ira Winderman’s tweet is ridiculous. Jumping the gun is tampering.

Well, the teams could have easily discussed terms of a S&T without contacting Lowry, being well informed of what he would be looking at dollars-wise. As long as Lowry/his agent were not contacted beforehand... this isn't 'tampering' per se.
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran

Post#443 » by Darius Miles Davis » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:15 am

step wrote:
Darius Miles Davis wrote:Ira Winderman’s tweet is ridiculous. Jumping the gun is tampering.

Well, the teams could have easily discussed terms of a S&T without contacting Lowry, being well informed of what he would be looking at dollars-wise. As long as Lowry/his agent were not contacted beforehand... this isn't 'tampering' per se.

Then it technically wouldn’t have been jumping the gun either.

The Bulls and the Heat tampered. As did several other teams.

bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#444 » by bullsnewdynasty » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:18 am

Complete and utter joke given the fact that Klutch Sports is essentially an entity that is indistinguishable from the Lakers franchise and the league has done exactly zero about it.

And yeah, let's keep pretending like all teams wait until your artificial deadline' to start contract negotiations. If the season ends and your contract is over, you're essentially a free agent at that moment.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#445 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:25 pm

Read on Twitter

@BobbyMarks42: Tampering part 2, the most recent contracts, update on FA and some summer league https://t.co/fTUwb1Ow92

Haven't watched it yet
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,200

Post#446 » by umfan83 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

@BobbyMarks42: Tampering part 2, the most recent contracts, update on FA and some summer league https://t.co/fTUwb1Ow92

Haven't watched it yet

Big takeaway in the last couple of mins is he believes there's no way these deals will be unwound at this point as they would basically have to unwind FA and start over since OKC is the only team with good cap space left.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran

Post#447 » by Darius Miles Davis » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Bobby Marks’ analogy is that all the other teams were doing 35 with a 25mph speed limit, but the teams involved with the tampering allegations were doing 40. Interesting.

FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#448 » by FriedRise » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Can confirm, they do pull you over for going 40 on 25. Had to take a defensive driving class + pay some fees for that.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#449 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:49 pm

That's bull. Some teams are used to doing 60 and nothing happens. It all depends on who you are.
Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 197

Post#450 » by Guru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:11 pm

Dorman Bulls fans awoke when they signed Ball et al.

This hammering could have 2 consequences
a) They return to dormancy and are liked "this league is lame"
b) They take a Chicago v Errybody stance and bond more so than the last 20 years.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#451 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter

@NBACouchside: it's so tight that the clippers never got popped for tampering despite lawrence frank and the rest of the clippers scouts stalking kawhi like the girl from swimfan

But yeah, I'm sure it's not personal.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#452 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:31 pm

Read on Twitter

@hmfaigen: If you're interested in "tampering," this is must-read
https://t.co/ZRXicK4QR8 https://t.co/u4c5bRRjly

If we're losing picks, I just **** hope we won't go down alone. Let's get that anonimous complaint line to Adam Silver's office working, AK.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#453 » by StunnerKO » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#454 » by bad knees » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:52 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

So Lonzo's deal is really only 4/80, with a player option in year four. So in reality, his deal is 3/58.6, because you know he will opt out and go for another long term deal absent a serious injury or some other unexpected development. Same length as DDR.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#455 » by bad knees » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

If we're losing picks, I just **** hope we won't go down alone. Let's get that anonimous complaint line to Adam Silver's office working, AK.

Very interesting. So is a specific report like this from Stein sufficient to justify opening an investigation? Rockets were smart enough to wait a few hours after 5 pm before announcing the deal, but it sure looks like they jumped the gun too. Bulls will have a legitimate "whatabout" gripe if they are dinged and the Rockets are not even investigated.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,132

Post#456 » by HomoSapien » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:58 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

So that theoretically means that we lost Theis because of tampering and Houston owes us draft capital! GET EM, AKME!
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#457 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:01 pm

bad knees wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Very interesting. So is a specific report like this from Stein sufficient to justify opening an investigation? Rockets were smart enough to wait a few hours after 5 pm before announcing the deal, but it sure looks like they jumped the gun too. Bulls will have a legitimate "whatabout" gripe if they are dinged and the Rockets are not even investigated.

They already had it. I'm really curious to see if the Bulls are willing to sit quite and suck it up or if they'll stir **** up.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#458 » by FriedRise » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:54 am

Was listening to Bulls Talk Podcast, some insights from KC:

- They're still in the early phase of the investigation. The league is not at a point where they're confiscating cell phone records yet. They're just interviewing guys and talking principles.

- One factor that might help the Bulls is that we were already in talks with the Pelicans at the trade deadline where some parameters may have already been set back in March.

- If guilt is found, expect the repercussion to be serious monetary + draft picks penalties. Trade will not be voided.

- Doesn't expect investigation to take a month, certainly will be done by training camp.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#459 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:06 am

FriedRise wrote:Was listening to Bulls Talk Podcast, some insights from KC:

- They're still in the early phase of the investigation. The league is not at a point where they're confiscating cell phone records yet. They're just interviewing guys and talking principles.

- One factor that might help the Bulls is that we were already in talks with the Pelicans at the trade deadline where some parameters may have already been set back in March.

- If guilt is found, expect the repercussion to be serious monetary + draft picks penalties. Trade will not be voided.

- Doesn't expect investigation to take a month, certainly will be done by training camp.

Both of the tampering investigations make little sense. Both guys were in heavy discussions at the trade deadline of being traded to the teams they signed with in FA.
I get that the NBA is taking a harder line but they are acting like the NCAA when it gets mad at one team and punishes the other team that's a lesser brand.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#460 » by Axl Rose » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:18 am

Grodoboldo wrote:If we're losing picks, I just **** hope we won't go down alone. Let's get that anonimous complaint line to Adam Silver's office working, AK.

Nah i don't want the Bulls being that petty and snitching on other teams. If we lose a first, fu*k it. We still got Zo.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib

Return to Chicago Bulls