OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#121 » by Dn4sty » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:56 am

So how does OKC get to the salary floor?

I doubt the swoop in and get Markkanen, although it might make sense to do so considering the center position on the team. There are bad contracts but most every team has already accounted for these players in their FA dealings and in trades. We had speculated on guys like Lamb, but it appears that he will remain in Indy. The Cavs have no incentive to just dump Love for assets and/or current players on their roster.

I guess if you see a Dame or Simmons move, then OKC could be the third team absorbing contracts/players but even then it’s pretty scarce.

They don’t have to get to the floor and could just give everyone on the team a raise, but after signing Deck last year, that might not be the direction OKC goes.

They can still wait till the trade deadline, and if all else fails just give everyone on the team a raise.

Here are a few options

Saric plus an asset (maybe Jalen Smith) in a 3 team deal where the other team send the Suns a win now player, because Saric tore his ACL

Bagley for a future 2nd.

Are their any other candidates that make sense?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#122 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:09 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#123 » by Woerzboerg » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:35 am

Dn4sty wrote:So how does OKC get to the salary floor?

I doubt the swoop in and get Markkanen, although it might make sense to do so considering the center position on the team. There are bad contracts but most every team has already accounted for these players in their FA dealings and in trades. We had speculated on guys like Lamb, but it appears that he will remain in Indy. The Cavs have no incentive to just dump Love for assets and/or current players on their roster.

I guess if you see a Dame or Simmons move, then OKC could be the third team absorbing contracts/players but even then it’s pretty scarce.

They don’t have to get to the floor and could just give everyone on the team a raise, but after signing Deck last year, that might not be the direction OKC goes.

They can still wait till the trade deadline, and if all else fails just give everyone on the team a raise.

Here are a few options

Saric plus an asset (maybe Jalen Smith) in a 3 team deal where the other team send the Suns a win now player, because Saric tore his ACL

Bagley for a future 2nd.

Are their any other candidates that make sense?

It's no problem not to get to the salary floor. The difference will just be paid to the players we have under contract, like a bonus.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#124 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:21 am

What do you think of this 3-way deal?

Mavericks, Thunder and Kings

DAL trades Powell/Stein/Burke for Hield/Favors
Dallas absorbs salary to add one more shooter.
Doncic, Hield, Bullock, Porzingis, Kleber
Brunson, Hardaway, Smith, Favors, Brown

OKC trades Favors/Williams for Powell/Stein
Oklahoma City adds size.
Alexander, Dort, Giddey, Pokusevski, Powell
Maledon, Mann, Robinson, Muscala, Stein

SAC trades Hield for Burke/Williams
The Kings move on from Buddy to concentrate on their franchise guards. By absorbing Trey with the Joseph TPE, and absorbing Kenrich with the Bjelica TPE, they create a brand new $22.4mil TPE for future use.
Fox, Haliburton, Barnes, Bagley, Holmes
Mitchell, Davis, Harkless, Williams, Len
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,059

Post#125 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:51 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:What do you think of this 3-way deal?

Oklahoma City adds size.

The Kings move on from Buddy to concentrate on their franchise guards. By absorbing Trey with the Joseph TPE, and absorbing Kenrich with the Bjelica TPE, they create a brand new $22.4mil TPE for future use.

A bit lost on what is the incentive for OKC to make this trade!?

We giving up value in Kenrich and not receiving anything
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#126 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

Oklahoma City adds size.

Willie Cauley-Stein is also value, at what I assume is a greater positional need
-- Steve Martin
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#127 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:52 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Oklahoma City adds size.

Willie Cauley-Stein is also value, at what I assume is a greater positional need

Think Kenrich has more value then WCS and Powell's contract is worse than Favors. Also we don't need WCS and will probably play a ton of Jre/Muscala at the C position

Dallas should offer Powell + Green if they want to have a chance that Presti accept that kind of deal IMO
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#128 » by Devilanche » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:14 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Oklahoma City adds size.

We are tanking. Positional need doesn’t really matter as much as future needs.

Probably need a young prospect and/or future picks not someone who is a serviceable rotational vet.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#129 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 am

Hello everyone, I have another trade idea! As always, I welcome all constructive criticism. As a Nets fan, I'm impartial in this scenario. I just like to build trade proposals!

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/trades/15adIegfE7i--u/cavs-thunder-and-sixers

CLE trades Love/Sexton/23CLE1st/25CLE1st/27CLE1st for Simmons/Favors/Joe
The Cavaliers consolidate assets to bring in a young All-Star, who adds perimeter defense and playmaking.
Simmons, Garland, Okoro, Markkanen, Allen
Rubio, Windler, Osman, Mobley, Favors

OKC trades Favors/Williams/Roby for Love/Thybulle/Maxey/27CLE1st
The Thunder leverage capspace for quality perimeter prospects. They could rehabilitate Kevin's value, or negotiate a buyout and voila! More capspace!
Alexander, Dort, Giddey, Pokusevski, Love
Maxey, Maledon, Thybulle, Deck, Muscala

PHI trades Simmons/Thybulle/Maxey/Joe for Sexton/Williams/Roby/23CLE1st//25CLE1st
The Sixers trade Ben for Collin... but hear me out! This is a calculated pre-move. By acquiring Sexton now, they can negotiate an extension before the start of the regular season. If the right star became available mid-season, they could include him in the deal, and he'll be a more attractive asset since he'll be under contract for 4-5 more seasons. Normally, BYC would complicate a superstar trade because of the salary difference, BUT that's the beauty of this transaction. The outgoing salary is $40mil, and the incoming players fit neatly into the Horford TPE. Therefore, this deal creates a new, $40mil TPE! You could absorb Beal, Lillard, Ingram or any other star into that TPE, and send back Sexton and the Cleveland 1sts! It's no guarantee, but it's a smart risk to maximize Ben's value return and Joel's window.
Sexton, Green, Korkmaz, Harris, Embiid
Curry, Milton, Williams, Roby, Drummond
-- Steve Martin
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 88

Post#130 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:07 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello everyone, I have another trade idea! As always, I welcome all constructive criticism. As a Nets fan, I'm impartial in this scenario. I just like to build trade proposals!

The Cavaliers consolidate assets to bring in a young All-Star, who adds perimeter defense and playmaking.

The Thunder leverage capspace for quality perimeter prospects. They could rehabilitate Kevin's value, or negotiate a buyout and voila! More capspace!

PHI trades Simmons/Thybulle/Maxey/Joe for Sexton/Williams/Roby/23CLE1st//25CLE1st
The Sixers trade Ben for Collin... but hear me out! This is a calculated pre-move. By acquiring Sexton now, they can negotiate an extension before the start of the regular season. If the right star became available mid-season, they could include him in the deal, and he'll be a more attractive asset since he'll be under contract for 4-5 more seasons. Normally, BYC would complicate a superstar trade because of the salary difference, BUT that's the beauty of this transaction. The outgoing salary is $40mil, and the incoming players fit neatly into the Horford TPE. Therefore, this deal creates a new, $40mil TPE! You could absorb Beal, Lillard, Ingram or any other star into that TPE, and send back Sexton and the Cleveland 1sts! It's no guarantee, but it's a smart risk to maximize Ben's value return and Joel's window.

No way the Thunder gave up Williams and even Roby in such a trade with nearly no value for us.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#131 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Mr Thunder Nick wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello everyone, I have another trade idea! As always, I welcome all constructive criticism. As a Nets fan, I'm impartial in this scenario. I just like to build trade proposals!

No way the Thunder gave up Williams and even Roby in such a trade with nearly no value for us.

I think the exact opposite...this trade looks way too good for us.

I have Kenrich being worth two 2nds (or a very late FRP if u want) and Roby a 2nd round pick. Maxey and Thybulle are worth way than that. Only bad thing is to take on Love's contract but that's basically why we receive the Cavs 27 I guess.

I would do this trade without the FRP or with only one of Thybulle or Maxey but even like that I think we are still stealing value.

I know Ben Simmons lost a lot of value but this is really bad for Philly.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#132 » by Devilanche » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Mr Thunder Nick wrote:

I think the exact opposite...this trade looks way too good for us.

I have Kenrich being worth two 2nds (or a very late FRP if u want) and Roby a 2nd round pick. Maxey and Thybulle are worth way than that. Only bad thing is to take on Love's contract but that's basically why we receive the Cavs 27 I guess.

I would do this trade without the FRP or with only one of Thybulle or Maxey but even like that I think we are still stealing value.

I know Ben Simmons lost a lot of value but this is really bad for Philly.

I’m with you on this . I would do the trade just purely based on value and try to move one of thybulle or maxey or even both for a future first elsewhere .

I don’t think we have the minutes but this is just too good a value . Is that 2027 Cleveland first with minimal protection ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 88

Post#133 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:54 am

Rumor: Wiggins Andrew to OKC and Dort to Minnesota

https://thunderousintentions.com/2021/09/20/okc-thunder-pass-br-wigginsdeal/

Would not like to lose Dort
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#134 » by getrichordie » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:27 pm

I think it’s way too soon to discuss trade specifics. The market will change significantly between now and the trade deadline.

The things to know are:

There’s a good chance Bazley is traded.
There’s a good chance Jerome is traded.
A high chance that one or both TPEs will be used in some form or fashion to maintain flexibility/be able to operate over the tax.

Everything else is up in the air, really. We have to see how guys like Poku, Mann, Krejci, Williams, Roby, Dort, JRE, and Maledon progress before we even begin to know what we are looking for.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#135 » by cjmcallist » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Let's do this, bring in KAT and Simmons.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#137 » by getrichordie » Fri Oct 1, 2021 3:28 am

Diakite is an improvement over CBJ, imo. Has a chance to be a good back up 4/5 in the league. Let's see what we can do with him on the defensive end.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#138 » by Balkman32 » Mon Oct 4, 2021 1:13 pm

Mr Thunder Nick wrote:Rumor: Wiggins Andrew to OKC and Dort to Minnesota

https://thunderousintentions.com/2021/09/20/okc-thunder-pass-br-wigginsdeal/

Would not like to lose Dort

Gross.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#139 » by Balkman32 » Mon Oct 4, 2021 1:16 pm

getrichordie wrote:I think it’s way too soon to discuss trade specifics. The market will change significantly between now and the trade deadline.

The things to know are:

A high chance that one or both TPEs will be used in some form or fashion to maintain flexibility/be able to operate over the tax.

Everything else is up in the air, really. We have to see how guys like Poku, Mann, Krejci, Williams, Roby, Dort, JRE, and Maledon progress before we even begin to know what we are looking for.

I wonder if they just take Bazley and Jerome to restricted free agency. I think Jerome has a spot on just about every team in this league a shooter off the bench. This is a Huge year for Bazley. But, if the Thunder get offered a first for him they might ship him out just because his next contract might not fit the current plan.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#140 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 5, 2021 4:23 am

Balkman32 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:I think it’s way too soon to discuss trade specifics. The market will change significantly between now and the trade deadline.

The things to know are:

I wonder if they just take Bazley and Jerome to restricted free agency. I think Jerome has a spot on just about every team in this league a shooter off the bench. This is a Huge year for Bazley. But, if the Thunder get offered a first for him they might ship him out just because his next contract might not fit the current plan.

If someone offered a first for Bazley, Presti would pack his bags and book his flight for him.
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder