Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Re: Cade Cunningham 

Post#621 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:19 am

God Squad wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Cade is like 6'4-6'5 for real and is a stick compared to Luka.

Uh he's 6'8" 220. :crazy:

Dallas fans getting worried about another potentially similar player entering the league. Trying to downplay his frame/weight/height.

Don't worry, he's not Luka.

I had Cade #1 and was a big fan of his since the first OK. State game I watched of his. I wasn't taking a shot at Cade, at all.

I believe the consensus is now Cade's listed height/weight was exaggerated. Clearly Cade is much thinner than Luka. (When I originaly said "6'4"-6'5" for real" I clearly meant barefoot)

Bo-yah
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#622 » by EMG518 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:57 am

We have graduated from the Sengun height talks to Cade now.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#623 » by EvanZ » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:I believe the consensus is now Cade's listed height/weight was exaggerated. Clearly Cade is much thinner than Luka. (When I originaly said "6'4"-6'5" for real" I clearly meant barefoot)

Bo-yah

He's 6'6" barefoot. OSU had his height listed in shoes. Detroit listing heights without shoes. Not that complicated really.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#624 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:16 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:I believe the consensus is now Cade's listed height/weight was exaggerated. Clearly Cade is much thinner than Luka. (When I originaly said "6'4"-6'5" for real" I clearly meant barefoot)

Bo-yah

He's 6'6" barefoot. OSU had his height listed in shoes. Detroit listing heights without shoes. Not that complicated really.

he's more 6-5 barefoot...but yea, this was already pretty much known for anyone that did even a little bit of research on Cade.
bkseven
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#625 » by bkseven » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Bo-yah

he's more 6-5 barefoot...but yea, this was already pretty much known for anyone that did even a little bit of research on Cade.

6'5 is listed absolutely no where online other than posters on this forum who think they are GMs/scouts and never seen these guys in person (let alone stand next to them with a measuring tape).
clyde21
RealGM

Post#626 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:46 pm

bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

6'5 is listed absolutely no where online other than posters on this forum who think they are GMs/scouts and never seen these guys in person (let alone stand next to them with a measuring tape).

not sure what you're saying here, but it's pretty obvious he's 6-5ish without shoes...here he is right next to Livers who did measure at the combine and came in at 6-5.75 without shoes...looks like Cade is about an inch shorter.

clyde21
RealGM

Post#627 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:47 pm

also Balsa is HUGE...legit 7 footer...Garza next to him is a 6-10 without shoes
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#628 » by bkseven » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:05 pm

clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

not sure what you're saying here, but it's pretty obvious he's 6-5ish without shoes...here he is right next to Livers who did measure at the combine and came in at 6-5.75 without shoes...looks like Cade is about an inch shorter.

Show me the measurements. Show me the online sources. Not a freaking picture that doesn't ask the players to stand up straight barefoot with a measuring tape behind their head
clyde21
RealGM

Post#629 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:02 pm

bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:

Show me the measurements. Show me the online sources. Not a freaking picture that doesn't ask the players to stand up straight barefoot with a measuring tape behind their head

we don't have measurements because Cade didn't measure, but it's pretty obvious by that pic Cade's 6-5ish without shoes, you havin trouble admitting it is your problem not mine.
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#630 » by bkseven » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:17 pm

clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

we don't have measurements because Cade didn't measure, but it's pretty obvious by that pic Cade's 6-5ish without shoes, you havin trouble admitting it is your problem not mine.

just gonna sit here and laugh at the bolded.

sorry bro, the only one in denial is the one who isn't gonna show me the proof in the world of Google.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#631 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:43 pm

bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:Show me the measurements. Show me the online sources. Not a freaking picture that doesn't ask the players to stand up straight barefoot with a measuring tape behind their head

sorry bro, the only one in denial is the one who isn't gonna show me the proof in the world of Google.

lol, wth are you talking about? Cade did not measure at the combine, he has no official measurement...meanwhile Livers DID measure at the combine and has an official measurement of 6-5.75 barefoot...and Cade is CLEARLY an inch shorter than Livers.

it's kinda weird that I have to walk u thru this but you do u if u want to continue denying it?
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#632 » by bkseven » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:56 pm

clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

lol, wth are you talking about? Cade did not measure at the combine, he has no official measurement...meanwhile Livers DID measure at the combine and has an official measurement of 6-5.75 barefoot...and Cade is CLEARLY an inch shorter than Livers.

it's kinda weird that I have to walk u thru this but you do u if u want to continue denying it?

Oh so you're telling me the combine is the only place players get measured?

You're telling me the number one recruit never got measured at any stage?

Like I said. Go send me the measurements of Cade. You can find them online.

If you like measuring with pictures so much, can you send me a pic of you standing next to a tree so I can tell you your height for you?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#633 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:59 pm

bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:just gonna sit here and laugh at the bolded.

If you like measuring with pictures so much, can you send me a pic of you standing next to a tree so I can tell you your height for you?

lmao officially yes...that's the only place where all these players are together at the same time at the same place getting their measurements...so combine is always used as THE official measurement for prospects, for obvious reasons.

Livers: 6-5.75 barefoot <----- this is a fact

Cade: about an inch shorter than Livers <----- also a fact

conclusion: Cade is 6-5ish without issues.

not even sure wtf ur arguing at this point...'find measurements online'...i did, the combine measurements which are the only measurements that count/matter.
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#634 » by bkseven » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:10 pm

clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

lmao officially yes...that's the only place where all these players are together at the same time at the same place getting their measurements...so combine is always used as THE official measurement for prospects, for obvious reasons.

not even sure wtf ur arguing at this point...'find measurements online'...i did, the combine measurements which are the only measurements that count/matter.

Item is bold isn't a fact. It's your fiction fantasy land. You even stated he didn't measure at the combine but proceed to give that he is exactly an inch shorter than Livers. :crazy:

Also, another fantasy land thought is that you think the combine is the only place you can find a measuring tape. I didn't realize college/NBA facilities don't have those height measuring systems for their doctors to use.

Like I said, send me a pic next to a tree. Let me tell you your height :lol:
clyde21
RealGM

Post#635 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:24 pm

lmao
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#636 » by CptCrunch » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:42 am

bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
bkseven wrote:Oh so you're telling me the combine is the only place players get measured?

Item is bold isn't a fact. It's your fiction fantasy land. You even stated he didn't measure at the combine but proceed to give that he is exactly an inch shorter than Livers. :crazy:

Also, another fantasy land thought is that you think the combine is the only place you can find a measuring tape. I didn't realize college/NBA facilities don't have those height measuring systems for their doctors to use.

It is your official position that we cannot infer height from photos - like this one with them side by side at the exact same distance from the camera?

Where Cade's top of head, eyes and shoulders are both at least an inch or more below Livers?

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#637 » by The Moose » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:09 am

CptCrunch wrote:
bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

It is your official position that we cannot infer height from photos - like this one with them side by side at the exact same distance from the camera?

Where Cade's top of head, eyes and shoulders are both at least an inch or more below Livers?

I think Cade is somewhere between 6'5 and 6'6 barefoot probably 6'5.5" which has been rounded up to 6'6, and I'm not really sure why it matters whether hes 6'5 or 6'6, but the problem with a photo like this is they aren't barefoot. There is no way of knowing how much of a lift each persons shoes are giving them.

The most recent barefoot measurement of Cade was taken in 2017, when he was 15 yrs old, he measured 6'5 barefoot, 7'0 wingspan, 209lbs. Anything else is just guessing/speculation as to what his barefoot height is exactly down to the half an inch etc.
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#638 » by bkseven » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:14 am

CptCrunch wrote:
bkseven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Like I said in an earlier post, get those kindergarten red lines on their shoulders and go back in time and stand behind them to make sure they are standing straight and that their shoes give the same amount of height
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#639 » by bkseven » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:16 am

bkseven wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:
bkseven wrote:

Like I said in an earlier post, get those kindergarten red lines on their shoulders and go back in time and stand behind them to make sure they are standing straight and that their shoes give the same amount of height

Also u can easily tell by that photo that cades head is tilted down more than livers
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#640 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:43 am

I think same as moose hes like maybe 6'6 or just under. I thought he would be at least 6'7. Disappointing a bit sure but the FO knew this when we took him.

The most impressive thing to me about Cade has been his defensive IQ and intensity. He just knows how to be in the right spot. He uses his length really well. Hes a guy who bust his azz on defense. When he got matched up on Green yesterday he was giving Green problems.

3pt shot is obv legit. He actually made some nice moves getting by defenders and getting to the rim yesterday. I will say the guy who caused Cade some problems out there was Sengun. I thought Sengun defense was a flaw but he really played well on both ends yesterday.

Cade needs to get to work on getting to the line. Hes really weak right now adding some muscle will help with that. Turnovers have been a problem but he made some nices passes that didnt get finished. Getting him away from Killian and having him run the offense more will help. Hes doing to much standing in the corner right now.

Return to NBA Draft