Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1821 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 8, 2021 2:43 pm

Favorite tweets about Lakers:

Now that the Lakers have obtained Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard and Trevor Ariza, they have placed themselves in ideal position to win the 2012 NBA title.

Greg Nersesyan

Congratulations to the Lakers! It’s about time, as I hear that Jerry West is finally rejoining the organization … not as an executive in the front office, but as the Lakers' starting shooting guard.

Dennis Butkovich
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1822 » by Quazza » Mon Aug 9, 2021 8:21 am

Jester_ wrote:Congrats Aussies!

Waiting for the day Canadians can make noise on the world stage. With people like SGA, Murray, Dillon Brooks, Dort, Wiggins, Ollynyck, Barrett, Boucher, etc. we should be able to field a decent team.... yet here we are

Think you're in a similar spot to us say, 5-6 years ago. The talent is there, the diff probably a real core of 4-5 guys who are 100% committed and it means everything to. For us that's obviously Patty, Jingles, Delly and Baynes. Then you slowly add people like Landale, Exum, Thybull .....

Get everyone you just listed to truly buy in and that's a medal team
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#1823 » by wco81 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 8:25 pm

Thybulle is Australian?

With the French name?
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1824 » by Quazza » Mon Aug 9, 2021 10:14 pm

wco81 wrote:Thybulle is Australian?

With the French name?

Spent some of his childhood here. From about 2-9 I think

Our country has completely taken to him though as he complety bought in to the teams culture and was so Invested

For reference his Boomers jersey completely sold out lol
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#1825 » by floppymoose » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:15 am

Vucevic is the Dlo of centers. Just wanted to make that comparison before I forgot.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1826 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:33 am

floppymoose wrote:Vucevic is the Dlo of centers. Just wanted to make that comparison before I forgot.

Good comp.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,040

Post#1827 » by Jester_ » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:58 am

Man Houston has really built a championship core. Wood, green and Alperen will do serious damage int his league in a few years.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,040

Post#1828 » by Jester_ » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:22 am

Also it's early but Cade's lack of first step is very concerning. Reminds me of D-Lo where all his action has to happen through picks.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#1829 » by Mob Byers » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:38 am

GB is in full off-season form

Monta Ellis comeback

IT crying to make the Lakers

Jason Kidd coaching thing

JR Smith attempting to play college golf
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#1830 » by bballguy50 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:59 am

Jester_ wrote:Also it's early but Cade's lack of first step is very concerning. Reminds me of D-Lo where all his action has to happen through picks.

He’s always lacked explosiveness to me, he’ll have to adjust to the speed of the NBA since he won’t be able to bully as many guys with his size either.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1831 » by FNQ » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Mob Byers wrote:GB is in full off-season form

Monta Ellis comeback

Read on Twitter

Been telling y'all about this piece of garbage.. it takes a lot to get me to hate someone from Cal

Read that thread. He's on the same level as Mark Jackson in terms of human piles of feces
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1832 » by FNQ » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Just to circle back, if anyone remembers Larry Sanders and how he went from a capable NBA starter to washing out of the league almost at the drop of a hat... and people blamed weed...

Read on Twitter
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#1833 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:43 pm

Good point. Weed is the coping mechanism Larry used to deal with the fact that Kidd drove him to hate the job he had just committed to for the next 4 years.

FNQ wrote:Just to circle back, if anyone remembers Larry Sanders and how he went from a capable NBA starter to washing out of the league almost at the drop of a hat... and people blamed weed...

Read on Twitter
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#1834 » by wco81 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Well now he's Dallas' problem.

But it sounds like Luka is already pushing his weight around so he won't take **** from Kidd.

If Luka can drive out Carlisle, it won't take long to drive out Kidd if they underperform.

They probably have high expectations, even though they really didn't change that team much, other than give out big money to Luka and Hardaway.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#1835 » by Mob Byers » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:45 pm

FNQ wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:GB is in full off-season form

Monta Ellis comeback

Read on Twitter

Been telling y'all about this piece of garbage.. it takes a lot to get me to hate someone from Cal

Read that thread. He's on the same level as Mark Jackson in terms of human piles of feces

Wow I guess I missed the entire thread on the GB. I thought Kidd was just acting like a hard ass HS coach but man what a straight up A HOLE

Obviously his anger management classes after his domestic abuse case back in the day didn't work too well

Man, good luck Dallas fans.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1836 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:34 pm

Kidd falls in that group of people who were decent but as fame came to them they become more and more self centered and certain of their perfection. Sprewell, Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds are obvious bay area examples. It happens a lot more in entertainment where the "team" is less of a thing.

I don't think I will ever understand how bad coaches keep getting chances, but we see it all the time. Every time a coaching vacancy comes up Mark Jackson throws his name out there and people (including Warrors fans) argue how great a coach he is.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1837 » by Coxy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:25 am

Scoots1994 wrote:Kidd falls in that group of people who were decent but as fame came to them they become more and more self centered and certain of their perfection. Sprewell, Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds are obvious bay area examples. It happens a lot more in entertainment where the "team" is less of a thing.

I don't think I will ever understand how bad coaches keep getting chances, but we see it all the time. Every time a coaching vacancy comes up Mark Jackson throws his name out there and people (including Warrors fans) argue how great a coach he is.

Some people in life are experts at job interviews. You usually have to be wary of them, because they turn up dressed exactly how you want them to, say all the things you want them to, speak the way you want them to, know everyone you need them to, etc etc. They are masters of creating a profile to present to you for what you want, but that's all it is, they've mastered being a chameleon in that sense. After a short time of hiring them, you realise why they are so good at interviewing, it's because they are doing it ALL the time. They keep being fired or forced out because they have a way that didn't manifest itself at the job interviews.

I meet these types all the time, feel like Kidd would be the same. Owners and GM's would love his rhetoric, so much so that they ignore the damning evidence from previous jobs, which then festers quickly after being hired.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#1838 » by giberish » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:00 am

Coxy wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Kidd falls in that group of people who were decent but as fame came to them they become more and more self centered and certain of their perfection. Sprewell, Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds are obvious bay area examples. It happens a lot more in entertainment where the "team" is less of a thing.

Some people in life are experts at job interviews. You usually have to be wary of them, because they turn up dressed exactly how you want them to, say all the things you want them to, speak the way you want them to, know everyone you need them to, etc etc. They are masters of creating a profile to present to you for what you want, but that's all it is, they've mastered being a chameleon in that sense. After a short time of hiring them, you realise why they are so good at interviewing, it's because they are doing it ALL the time. They keep being fired or forced out because they have a way that didn't manifest itself at the job interviews.

I meet these types all the time, feel like Kidd would be the same. Owners and GM's would love his rhetoric, so much so that they ignore the damning evidence from previous jobs, which then festers quickly after being hired.

Kidd also seems to have the support/respect of a lot of star players around the league. That's obviously huge in getting NBA coaching jobs. It might be ignorance, but I also expect that (similar to the good interviewer example) he knows who's important enough to stay on their good side. So in theory with Dallas, he'd only crap on the non-Luka players. Of course at the time he was coaching them the Bucks didn't have anyone big enough to be safe.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1839 » by FNQ » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:58 am

Coxy wrote:

Kidd has been an asshat his entire life. It didnt come with fame, it was just exposed. Infamous at SJHS for being a prick, infamous at Cal for being a prick, infamous in the NBA for being a price, and infamous at home for being an abusive prick. The late great Frank LaPorte, who had all the patience in the world and was one of the best coaches I ever saw/played for, did not hold back on his feelings of Kidd, while he praised anyone else that came through the program. He almost single-handedly got Ray Young into the NBA, and definitely got him a full ride to UCLA

That said, he's an extremely smart guy when it comes to basketball and knows who's ass to kiss. But if he goes up against Luka he's going to lose, and its going to be glorious. Cuban really botched this one, letting Carlisle go and bringing in Kidd. That's like us firing Kerr to bring back Mark Jackson
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1840 » by FNQ » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:59 am

giberish wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Kidd also seems to have the support/respect of a lot of star players around the league. That's obviously huge in getting NBA coaching jobs. It might be ignorance, but I also expect that (similar to the good interviewer example) he knows who's important enough to stay on their good side. So in theory with Dallas, he'd only crap on the non-Luka players. Of course at the time he was coaching them the Bucks didn't have anyone big enough to be safe.

Everyone thinks theyll be exempt from the abuse, until they aren't

But if you're a role player and you know you are, you definitely wont want to play for the Mavs then. And role players are insanely important

Return to Golden State Warriors