Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Re: Could there be a trade coming? 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:31 pm

8305 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Well, with OKC in tanking/asset accumulation mode, looks to be a good spot for Lamb to head to :wink:

At this point I think the move with Jeremy is a buy out. We create some breathing room under the Luxury Tax. Lamb is in a position to pick his destination where there is a path minutes. Show everyone he can still play before he's a free agent again. He's got Warren, Levert, Holiday, Duarte and Sumner ahead of him.

I don’t see any reason for him to agree to one. At least, I don’t see any reason he’d give back more than the vet minimum, or about $1.7m. If that’s the case, just waive Martin and you’re in the same spot financially, but with the better player in Lamb. :dontknow:
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#22 » by 8305 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:36 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
8305 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Well, with OKC in tanking/asset accumulation mode, looks to be a good spot for Lamb to head to :wink:

At this point I think the move with Jeremy is a buy out. We create some breathing room under the Luxury Tax. Lamb is in a position to pick his destination where there is a path minutes. Show everyone he can still play before he's a free agent again. He's got Warren, Levert, Holiday, Duarte and Sumner ahead of him.

I don’t see any reason for him to agree to one. At least, I don’t see any reason he’d give back more than the vet minimum, or about $1.7m. If that’s the case, just waive Martin and you’re in the same spot financially, but with the better player in Lamb. :dontknow:

Pick his destination where he can have a meaningful role and he could look better in free agency next summer. He barely played last year and could experience the same this year. Not sure what discount could be made back if was able to get a two or three year deal next summer vs a one year prove it deal?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:42 pm

8305 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
8305 wrote:

Pick his destination where he can have a meaningful role and he could look better in free agency next summer. He barely played last year and could experience the same this year. Not sure what discount could be made back if was able to get a two or three year deal next summer vs a one year prove it deal?

He played 21 minutes per game here last year. That was in the upper half of what he’s had in his career. It was just injuries last year that limited him.

Otherwise, young guys HATE signing vet minimum deals, and at this point in free agency, that’s almost all that’s left. There’s this unfair association that once you sign a vet minimum, you’re only a vet minimum. I think Jeremy would rather play out his contract, continue to rehab with a staff he knows and trusts, and then re-assess for next year. At his age, that’s what the odds would dictate.
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#24 » by zappafrank » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:44 pm

I heard a rumor on a pod cast yesterday - a possible trade coming this week with the Knicks:
Turner for Robinson + Knox + 2 - 2nd rd picks. thoughts?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#25 » by Wizop » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:11 pm

zappafrank wrote:I heard a rumor on a pod cast yesterday - a possible trade coming this week with the Knicks:
My thought is that it was Knicks podcast.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#26 » by Tom White » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:42 pm

zappafrank wrote:I heard a rumor on a pod cast yesterday - a possible trade coming this week with the Knicks:

Care to name what podcast it was? We all know some are semi-reliable, while others are mainly figments of the podcaster's imagination. This sounds like imagination.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by Tom White » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

Seeing how all the symbols below the poster's name are for NY teams, I'd say you are right.
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#28 » by zappafrank » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:32 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

Seeing how all the symbols below the poster's name are for NY teams, I'd say you are right.

yes it was " KnicksFanTV" there was a call in from some guy in miami who claims to have connections.
i'm just quoting what he claims is in the works.
not saying i want it to happen.
since the knicks are at the cap already i don't see how they can make the deal w/o making more room
since these salaries don't match.
just putting it out there to see what you guys think of this potential deal?
i would expect you'd want more.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#29 » by Topofthekey » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:45 pm

zappafrank wrote:
Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:My thought is that it was Knicks podcast.

Sent from my phone.

yes it was " KnicksFanTV" there was a call in from some guy in miami who claims to have connections.
since the knicks are at the cap already i don't see how they can make the deal w/o making more room

I think it's mostly the caller (likely a Knicks fan) fantasizing about his team getting better by ripping another team off
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by Tom White » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:53 pm

zappafrank wrote:yes it was " KnicksFanTV" there was a call in from some guy in miami who claims to have connections.

Well, let's see. A little known podcast discussing a Knicks - Pacers trade because of a call from some unknown guy in Miami who says he has "connections".

Yeah, I don't think you have to worry about it happening.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:59 pm

zappafrank wrote:
Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:My thought is that it was Knicks podcast.

Sent from my phone.

I believe it sounds a lot like an article bleacher report put out this week that was made up ideas they would like to see. Nothing based in fact or rumors. Just an idea a Knicks fan wanted to see and could publish because it was bleacher report.

It makes no sense for Indy though.

Return to Indiana Pacers