Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Warriors 2021 Roster/Lineup 

Post#181 » by FNQ » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:22 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
How do you know who the starting C is?

But as for the rotation ... I expect Bjelica to play a bunch with Green so which one is a C and which is PF is a matchup and play by play thing really.

Yes, obtusely, it could be Wiseman who's been injured all summer and is still trying to get in playing shape, or it could be the incumbent, who was 6'9 220

So you don't know, you are assuming.

:lol: well done
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#182 » by killmongrel » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:54 pm

If everybody is healthy and clicking, our team is staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#183 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:49 am

I like McGlaughlin for the Warriors bench point guard. Hope he makes it.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#184 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:41 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:I like McGlaughlin for the Warriors bench point guard. Hope he makes it.

At this point you have Chiozza, Payton, and McLaughlin all vying for the same spot it seems.

Payton the defender. Chiozza the ultra quick point, and McLaughlin who seems to have more of the whole package. He’s 6’ 5” about and might be the best shooter and scorer of the three.

And you could throw Kyle Guy in there as well, but I haven’t heard any buzz from the team with him. However he kind of has the ot factor in games. He makes plays and knows how to set guys up for easy baskets. He’s crafty and has moxy.

I think McLaughlin is on the outside looking in. And I hope they sign Guy to the SC Warriors, because I like the idea of him playing with Kuminga down there.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,186

Post#185 » by clyde21 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:07 pm

i think this is most plausible/best rotation before Klay comes back

Steph / Poole / Chiozza (2W)
Wiggins / Moody / Lee
Porter / JTA / Iggy
Dray / Bjelica / Kuminga
Loon / Wiseman

---

with Klay

Klay / Moody / Lee
Wiggins / OPJ / Iggy
Dray / Bjelica / JTA
Loon / Wiseman / Kuminga
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,186

Post#186 » by clyde21 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:09 pm

still think we should hit up Dallas and do some type of Wiseman for Powell/22 first type of deal but that's another discussion...Wiseman really just does not fit this team at all and is an awkward fit even on paper.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#187 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 pm

clyde21 wrote:i think this is most plausible/best rotation before Klay comes back

Wiggins / Moody / Lee
Porter / JTA / Iggy
Dray / Bjelica / Kuminga
Loon / Wiseman

---

with Klay

Klay / Moody / Lee
Wiggins / OPJ / Iggy
Dray / Bjelica / JTA
Loon / Wiseman / Kuminga

I’m cool with that
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by FNQ » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:26 pm

If we start OPJ over Poole or Moody, going to be very disappointed

Was hoping OPJ would sub in when Wiggins subbed out.. have one of those 2 be on the court at all times as the premier ballhandling defender. If thats not the case, that falls to Moody in the 2nd unit, and he's much better as a floater right now. The extra 15 lbs he's put on since college aren't going to help him keep up with the quick handlers in the league
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#189 » by Coxy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:55 am

FNQ wrote:If we start OPJ over Poole or Moody, going to be very disappointed

I won't. I want a trusted vet out there, not Poole or Moody. I want us to start strong with a winning edge to us from day 1. We can't afford to come limping out of the gate playing youngsters that make mistakes.

My worry is Otto turning up out of shape, or potentially washed physically though. Something smells incredibly fishy as to why OPJ signed a minumum.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#190 » by FNQ » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:59 am

Coxy wrote:

I won't. I want a trusted vet out there, not Poole or Moody. I want us to start strong with a winning edge to us from day 1. We can't afford to come limping out of the gate playing youngsters that make mistakes.

My worry is Otto turning up out of shape, or potentially washed physically though. Something smells incredibly fishy as to why OPJ signed a minumum.

You dont want someone who makes a lot of mistakes, so you want OPJ out there?

How familiar are you with his game?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#191 » by Coxy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:50 am

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Otto Porter Jnr? Pretty familiar. He's a super low turnover guy, and doesn't command the ball. He should in theory fit in really well don't you think?

What makes you think Otto makes a lot of mistakes?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by FNQ » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:56 am

Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Otto Porter Jnr? Pretty familiar. He's a super low turnover guy, and doesn't command the ball. He should in theory fit in really well don't you think?

What makes you think Otto makes a lot of mistakes?

He minimizes mistakes *on-ball*... problem is that hes not good enough to be on-ball offensively, and defensively he's not someone you want guarding PGs, so it makes it tough to take advantage of what hes really good at it. He's Oubre-level in terms of off-ball awareness, so thats why I dont want him and Wiggins playing together. Wiggins thrived as the on-ball defender, but the defense didnt look great because Oubre didnt know how to rotate. I dont think OPJ's going to have much more success than Oubre at that

He's also not a great mover w/o the ball, he kinda plants in a spot and its on the other players to get him open. Dont get me wrong, I like the guy, but he's limited and he's being billed as a lot smarter than he actually is
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#193 » by Upperclass » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:00 am

dubs should pickup Macio Teague when hes cut by the Jazz in the early regular season/training camp.. he's in the JTA mold imo in terms of toughness and moxy.. but hes the scoring version
Coxy
RealGM

Post#194 » by Coxy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:02 am

I always thought he was a pretty smart player off the ball both defensively and offensively. Well, he was in Washington anyway. That's the 1st time I've ever heard anyone talk about him in that light, so that's news to me.

Something to watch.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#195 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:20 am

Historically Kerr doesn't like moving starters around, so it wouldn't surprise me if he left Wiggins at 3.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by FNQ » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:28 am

Coxy wrote:I always thought he was a pretty smart player off the ball both defensively and offensively. Well, he was in Washington anyway. That's the 1st time I've ever heard anyone talk about him in that light, so that's news to me.

Something to watch.

The Wall/Beal/OPJ days? Nah they barely switched. OPJ could close out like crazy, but he doesnt have the defensive instincts when it comes to switching. Wizards catered to their big 3 who all were... not gifted... in that regard

The Bulls system required more switching and OPJ's effectiveness plummeted. He's graded out really poorly in that regard since moving there.. and we switch here more than anyone else. And that profile, defensively, mirrors Oubre's numbers as well. I dont think he's as bad as Oubre, because thats a tall order, but I definitely dont want him playing with Wiggins, who was thriving in the on-ball role. But, the wrench in all this is Klay, because he's lousy off-ball too. So maybe having Wiggins learn how to play off-ball more is the play?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#197 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:59 am

Scoots1994 wrote:Historically Kerr doesn't like moving starters around, so it wouldn't surprise me if he left Wiggins at 3.

Yep. Lee will likely start at the 2 before Klay comes back.

Pre-Klay return, assuming no trades and without considering adding a 15th player on the roster:
Curry / Poole / Chiozza (2-way)
Lee / Moody (/some Poole as well)
Wiggins / Porter / Iguodala
Draymond / JTA / Kuminga
Looney or Wiseman (starter TBD) / Bjelica

Multiple of them will play multiple positions in either small or big line-ups, including Moody (some 3), Porter (some 4), Draymond (some 5), and Iguodala might at times function as a PG on offense. (Though I think they will try to play Iguodala sparingly during the regular season.)

Post-Klay return, I expect it to be the same, except at the 2, where I expect it will look like:
Klay / Moody (/some Poole) / Lee

In other words, Lee will likely play with the starters before Klay comes back, and then will largely just be getting mop-up time.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#198 » by Mob Byers » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:24 am

To start the season, rough guess minutes wise:
Curry 32
Wiggins 32
Green 32
Poole 28
-----
OPJ 26
Wiseman 22
Lee 20
Andre 16
Looney 16
Bjelica 16

Top 4 guys more consistent, bottom 6 I think will fluctuate a lot with some minutes going to JTA, Rookies depending on match ups and how some of those guys play
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#199 » by TB » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:35 pm

I'm ready for Poole to start at SG until Klay is back (maybe permanently if Klay has lost a step or embraces the Manu role). Last year Steph put up MVP number while carrying the dead weight of Oubre and Wiseman to start games. Let's put in players that actually help make the game easier for Steph. Yes, I get that Poole is always pencilled in as our bench scorer, but i'm fine letting the bench figure it out instead of relying on Steph to play with weaker links.

Steph, Poole, Wiggins, Dray, Looney. Will be nice to be winning most games after the 1st.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,185

Post#200 » by Impuniti » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:44 pm

TB wrote:I'm ready for Poole to start at SG until Klay is back (maybe permanently if Klay has lost a step or embraces the Manu role). Last year Steph put up MVP number while carrying the dead weight of Oubre and Wiseman to start games. Let's put in players that actually help make the game easier for Steph. Yes, I get that Poole is always pencilled in as our bench scorer, but i'm fine letting the bench figure it out instead of relying on Steph to play with weaker links.

Steph, Poole, Wiggins, Dray, Looney. Will be nice to be winning most games after the 1st.

If Klay is in the Manu role, he needs to be traded in the 22 summer. As great as he is, Warriors can't afford to have a 40m supersub. And Warriors are beating the Lakers. Book it.

Return to Golden State Warriors